Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery March Birthstone Shop Popular Services billions billions billions  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Now STEM

Format: Blu-ray|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,655 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,115 reviews
VINE VOICEon March 12, 2012
I read the first 12 issues of Robert Kirkman's epic graphic novel The Walking Dead back in 2006. Late fans to the story can now pick up the first 48 issues of the graphic novel in a convenient single work titled The Walking Dead: Compendium One. As of today, Kirkman has published almost 100 issues in the series (that I now anxiously check my mailbox for every month).

What's all that mean? It means that there are years and years of TV seasons ahead if AMC stays the course of excellence that it has so far done in the first two seasons. Why? Because as far as the graphic novel issue-by-issue storyline parallel to the TV series goes, I would guesstimate that the TV series is MAYBE through only about the first dozen issues.

Has the TV series taken some liberties and made changes to the story(ies) presented in the graphic novel? Sure. But are those liberties just as well told as Kirkman originally laid out? So far so good. Actually, so far: excellent! Kirkman's oversight has brought The Dead to life in this surprisingly fabulous adaptation of the graphic novel series. Why surprisingly? Because it is a rare occasion that a film or TV adaptation is as good as and so true to the source material. This is one of the best shows on TV.

The Walking Dead continues the story of (former) Police Officer Rick Grimes and his band of normal-world-refugees across a world suddenly infected by a Walking Dead sickness. Civilization has been replaced by vicious hordes of the undead. But at its core, the story is much less about zombies and more about what happens to society, its morals, laws and standards when government is lost and the planet becomes mostly uninhabitable. There's real, heartfelt emotion in The Walking Dead series combined with believable scenarios.

Rest assured, there is no lack of unfathomable chaos and horror in Season 2 of The Walking Dead...although like I said...not just because of the zombies, but mainly as a result of human survivors in desperate situations that must do the unthinkable to stay alive. Fans of the graphic novel will be screaming for Season 3 because of Season 2's final episode cliffhanger glimpse of a certain person and place to come.

The Walking Dead is a compelling, thought provoking drama. And if you can't wait until the next season, the good news is you can cheat and start reading the graphic novels if you want to get ahead.

Check it out.
1313 comments| 146 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 27, 2013
I hate zombies. Like anything that Hollywood thinks is a easy money maker, they beat it to death with tripe, gore, and cheesy acting/story/writing where you thank the powers that the zombie is eating the retard on the screen who pollutes the gene pool with their stupidity (and secretly wish the same fate on the writers/producers for the tripe they're putting on screen). I hate the tropes and romanticized glee that its ok to hunt/destroy zombies because its guilt free mayhem, and I hate how glossed over the psychology of the survivors becomes. In short, I hate how zombies are typically handled in movies or tv because the writers crank out insulting and unimaginative garbage.

I give this show 5 stars and watch every season as it comes out and revisit previous seasons upon occasion. This is zombie horror and drama, this takes all the romantic/air headed tripe out of the genre and puts fantastic story, acting, drama, direction, and effects in front of you to make you pray this sort of thing never happens.
on March 8, 2017
Bought this for my boyfriend who loves walking dead.. Now wants the rest of the series.. Its brand new and is just like when you buy it in a regular store ( ya know how its all wrapped up) only flaw is that some of the plastic wrap on this was torn and part of the case was shown but no harm done was still brand new.. Why only four stars?? I do not like the show and also that missing corner plastic wrap..
on September 29, 2013
You will love this adventure! My son is all about this apocalypse and the reality that something like this could actually occur. The program became addictive right from the first episode! The third Season is about to start and we are on the edge of our seats as we wait. Enjoy learning how they handle the lack of comforts they had been accustomed to while they try their best to have some kind of normalcy as they live to stay out of harm’s way. You never know what will be around the next corner! Enjoy.
on March 5, 2012
I am a huge fan of zombie films and was excited when The Walking Dead first aired...Season 1 was fantastic...I wouldn't exactly say that the 2nd season is terrible because it does have a lot of substance to it. However, it does seem to be moving along rather slowly. There is just too much time being focused on the group and the psychological aspect of how each character is affected by what is happening around them...With all this time spent on the farm, there certainly seems to be a lack of any "Walker" action...I often feel like I am watching a daytime soap opera in the sense that there is just way too much drama...I feel that if the 2nd season doesn't begin to pick up soon as it nears it's end, I may decline to even examine the 3rd...
on September 24, 2012
Doesn't go anywhere. One boring side-track after another. The characters are not that interesting. They sit in one situation per episode. No progress. Plenty of military weapons laying around, M2 .50 caliber machine guns, tanks ( why not start one up and use it? )etc... and they do not gather them. They keep themselves meagerly armed despite many opportunities to upscale their protection. Someone needs to pick up one of those M2 machine guns a mow down a heard of walkers. Then it would be more interesting. Budget issues? Poorly done.
on December 5, 2012
For Walking Dead fans, this zombie head display is great! You actually have to put the screw driver in the zombie's eye to open the case and get out the DVD's. The zombie head is really gross and gory (as to be expected). We bought as a gift for my future brother-in-law, who will love to display this in his "man den".
on July 8, 2013
I appreciate gory-stuff. You can probably TELL that just by LOOKING at me. I'm a GROWN man...
sure wish my wife let me get THIS instead of the regular one in a REAL Blu-ray box. Darn it!
on March 15, 2012
I was glad to see that the 2nd season has finally left me with something substantial...Although, the end of this episode gave me a feeling of Deja Vu (Night of the Living Dead anyone?)I am sure that in the next episode we will find everyone trapped inside the farmhouse while desperately fighting to keep the walkers from getting inside...I wouldn't be surprised if we find the cast trapped in a basement or cellar...Overall, I was very satisfied with this episode and excited about the revealing of the virus being possibly airborne...I do hope that the season finale is well worth the wait...
on March 15, 2014
Well, we can thank Carl getting hurt for the group finding a piece of heaven. I wasn't expecting the ending we got, and it left me wanting so much more.