Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 65 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 82 reviews
on December 12, 2015
So far so good, I love how it cleans the air in my bedroom. I have a cat and the first night I used this resulted in the first morning in a very long time that I didn't wake up with itchy eyes.

I use the Auto setting all the time and love that I know when VOC's are in the air. I keep it in the bedroom, which is about 150 sq ft room.
The noise level on low is non-existent so it's great for sleeping. The higher settings are a bit louder but the sound is pleasant, like white noise and don't bother me while sleeping at all, although I'm a fairly deep sleeper.
The panel to choose settings is easy to use and filter changes seem to be very easy.

BTW, this takes two HEPA filters so be sure to order correctly…
on February 4, 2017
This helps with my allergies and I have to dust less often. I didn't think I would notice a big difference, but the first night I plugged it in, in the morning I noticed that my sinus congestion was almost non-existent. Now that It is late Winter my allergies are in full effect (I know, weird time to have allergies), but when I am in my bedroom I find some relief. I wish I could put myself in a bubble with the Whirlpool Whispure Tower Air Purifier. I almost didn't buy this because of the review that says is noisy and has an annoying sound. I am very sensitive to light and noise when I am sleeping, but when this is on "low" it is much quieter than any other fan I've owned and it doesn't bother me at all. The automatic VOC sensor actually works and provided me with some 5* quality humor at the same time. I had doubts about it "knowing" if there were VOCs present, but one evening when I was doing yoga before bed I let out a little toot next to the tower and it kicked into high! Major LOL! Hairspray also triggered the sensor. There is a sleep mode that turns off the VOC sensor so that it won't disturb your sleep. The only con with this filter is that the display is quite bright, but I lay a small dark wash cloth over it so that it doesn't disturb my sleep. I bought this in November and it is still operating normally, but it is time to buy some pre-filters.
on April 9, 2013
Some fans make a soothing noise. Three people in my house sleep with white noise machines and we fight over them if one of us is traveling.
I am not sure how to quantify it exactly, but some fans are make a very much NOT soothing noise. The noise of exhaust fan in our kitchen, for example makes everyone edgy and miserable. Somehow everyone in my family responds to both fans the same way, so I have to think its something inherent in the quality of fan noise.
The noise the fan in this air purifier makes falls into the second category; It is frenetic and annoying. I can't be in the room with it on high. That defeats its effectiveness significantly.
I bought the bigger Whirlpool Whispure APK510 30K for my son's room, and that unit has a lovely, soothing fan noise. I chose this purifier instead for my own room because of its aesthetics. I wish I'd bought the big one for myself.
Does it filter the air? Hard to tell. After four months, there is visible dust on the filter, but not enormous amounts. My allergy symptoms are the unchanged. My son's 510 has more dust/etc. on the filter than this one, but probably because I am not tempted to turn his down and turn it off all the time.
I doubt the VOC sensor works, as it did not respond a bit to a brand new memory foam pillow held next to it, but that wasn't a huge selling point for me.
If you're split between the 510 and this, I'd definitely recommend the 510. Or better yet, do you want a very gently used 410010R and I'll replace mine?
on November 23, 2014
Seems to be doing the job - on low fan speed it is definitely quiet enough for sleep (high speed is most likely not quiet enough). I run it primarily in my bedroom, and have placed it right in front of my open window to help filter out the fresh air that comes in (I have mild to moderate allergies). I haven't had any issues with allergies. I run it on auto during the day, then boost it up to high shortly before going to bed, and then reduce it low to sleep. In the winter, I have used it in my family room where we have a wod burner. It does help to quickly reduce dust/smoke smell for the times I need to open the door to add wood. Finally, we just got a memory foam topper for our bed. The odor was very strong, and so we placed it in a spare room with a small fan going and the air purifier running on high. I'm convinced that the airing out time was reduced by having this in the room.
on May 19, 2016
Lowest setting is quiet enough for use during sleep, the lowest setting is pretty loud so I only leave it on that when I am not around it. It takes two HEPA filters and one pre-filter, but apparently the HEPA filter lasts a year so we'll see! We moved into a new building so the paint, solvent, etc smells are very strong and we like that it had a VOC indicator.
on October 19, 2015
quiet, circulates and cleans air...notifies when air is not clean and has features that allows to turn off in hourly increments up to 8 hours....
on September 7, 2016
I took a long time reviewing air purifiers, and I am completely satisfied with this product. It's VERY quiet on the first setting, and quiet on the second setting. I have sinus problems and asthma, which made sleep difficult. I say "made sleep difficult" ... but since purchasing this air purifier, NO problems with the congestion that kept me awake half the night. I HIGHLY recommend this air purifier. It has made a tremendous difference in my breathing. I like the automatic setting -- and the displays; definitely easy to use. No set up required -- just plug it in.
on January 10, 2014
I have had this purifier for about 3 months and I really enjoy it. I used have sneezing fits every single morning and after using this in our bedroom every night I have noticed a huge difference in my sinuses. I no longer wake up and sneeze . I keep it on the low setting and it is the perfect white noise to sleep to. The display is bright but I just put a wash cloth on it and problem solved. The nice thing is I can see all the dust and junk it's removing from the air because a lot of it gets caught in the prefilter. Then I take off the prefilter and can see another layer of dust in the hepa filter. I can't believe that we used to be breathing all that stuff in. It's great knowing that this air filter is cleaning the air in our bedroom while we sleep. I don't know how well the carbon prefilter removes smells from the air, I haven't noticed a huge difference in that respect. But the carbon filter does trap the larger dust particles which prolongs your hepa filters life. Overall awesome air filter. I'll never live without one again.
on September 26, 2016
If you put this unit on the auto mode during the day and sleep mode at night it is very effective and quite.
on February 8, 2015
The voc. light would never go off. After running for 30 hours in a 175 sq. ft. room. Returned to amazon for up grade Machine.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.