Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

• Customer Reviews

on March 20, 2012
Ok, so I have a tiny 1950's kitchen and have had to use these portable type dishwashers for years. They are great little units--but need a little reasonable care to work at their best--here's what I've learned to make them last a good long time:

When you load the dishes, reach under and spin the aerator arm to make sure it rotates freely and nothing hangs down to block it.

Rapid Eco setting is the shortest and does a fine job.

Only needs about 1 Tablespoon of detergent, gel works best.

Does a good job, but doesn't handle too much loose or caked on food on dishes. I trap the previous load's water in one side of the sink and use it to presoak anything that is extra tough--lazy but effective.

Sweep food off trap screen after every load.

After about 3 or 4 years, if your unit (& this can happen to ANY dishwasher!) suddenly pours water out the door when filling, don't despair! Don't throw it in the landfill, don't waste time replacing the door gasket. Just shut it off, shut off the water, turn on the unit so it will pump out the water and UNPLUG it so you can't shock yourself working on it. Then look up online how to clean out the FLOAT MECHANISM. It gets gunked up after awhile and just a little vinegar and a toothbrush and you're good to go for another 3 or 4 years.

Take off the front lower panel and lift the side panel closest to the hoses. Look for a little box with a removable lid and a lever coming out of it (this shuts off the water when it reaches the correct level). CAREFULLY open it and gently clean out the gunk so the float can freely move up and down. Fill it halfway with vinegar once clean and replace the lid. Tightly close the box with a ziptie so it is airtight. Done!

Hope this helps!
580 people found this helpful
|1010 comments|Report abuse
on May 2, 2015
I use this in a guest unit but if my current full-sized dishwasher unit ever breaks I think I will replace it with this. It works really well but I have never tried it on anything difficult to clean.

I spent about eight hours at various plumbing and home-improvement stores - trying every single possible connection and asking for help from knowledgeable plumbers - but ultimately it involved picking up every single piece of pipe and tubing in the store and trying to match them together.

Here are the labels on the packets:
One Brass Pipe Tee T Connector 1/2" FIP
Three Brass Pipe Hex Nipples 1/2" MIP
One Dishwasher Elbow 3/8" OD x 3/4" GH
NPT= national pipe thread = MIP= male iron pipe = FIP=female iron pipe. All use the same threads, at least here in the USA.
GH = garden hose
OD = outside diameter, seems to be what is used on faucet supply lines.

Attach the nipples to the T connector as shown in the picture (I used plumbers thread-seal tape.)

Then you need the connecting faucet supply lines. The two lines going into the T connect to your hot and cold water lines. Just buy lines where one end is is 1/2 in MIP/FIP/NPT and the other end attaches to a system that will branch water from your wall outlet (sorry I didn't keep those packets - let me know if you need more details on this and I can check to see what I used.) The line going into the dishwasher has one end 1/2 in MIP/FIP/NPT and the other end attaches to the dishwasher elbow 3/8in OD. The other end of the dishwasher elbow attaches to the dishwasher. (Too much detail probably!)
Then I cut a hole in the drain pipe above the trap and the dishwasher drains directly into the drain.
(sorry that the picture shows the metric version of the sizes - 1 cm is 3/8 in and 1.27 cm is 1/2 in.)

What I have learned since doing this:
Now I also see there is something called a "Y Washing Machine Mixer Hose" which may be useful, since the attachment going into the dishwasher is the same size as washing machine connections. (I think.)
Also, since the dishwasher has an internal water heater, you could just connect this to the cold water if you just wanted to deal with one supply line.
review image
86 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on May 9, 2016
I think it works really well. It was super easy to connect the adapter that comes with it. I was able to install it and set it up myself, no assistance required, even though you probably should. It basically has the capacity of the top rack of the dishwasher. It does hold large plates and serving dishes.
review imagereview image
40 people found this helpful
on April 15, 2016
This Koldfront does it all from scouring heavy cookware to gently cleaning china and crystal. Mine fits neatly on the middle shelf of my baker's rack and is super quiet. It holds six place settings, so I would not call it small by any means. It is well worth the price.
12 people found this helpful
on January 6, 2017
at a certain age i said i was not ever going to wash dishes...so i brought me a dish washer..... later in life i moved to an apart that did not have a dish washer.... and i could not find a way to have a full size dishwasher and i did not have the room for the one on wheels... so i found this one... it sits on my counter.... cant load as much... but it gets the job done and i dont have to wash the dishes... the only draw back is youcant use your water faucet in your sink when washing however,i just make sure i wash when i dont need the sink and if i have to i can pause the wash and use the sink and them restart when im finished... it does wash pots and pans.... the type of detergent does make the difference.... but this product is great and i use several times a week and would recommend for any one that had to wash dishes as a child and vowed as an adult that you would not wash dishes to buy this
6 people found this helpful
on March 1, 2018
Oh where to begin? Its tough because there are so many good things about this dishwasher! I live in an apartment with a very small kitchen with two other equally lazy "adults", dishes used to pile up in and by the sink until one of us (usually me) got fed up enough to handwash all of them, which took a lot of time and effort. I started researching portable and countertop dishwashers last year but could never get myself to actually pull the trigger and make the purchase. Between mixed reviews and the high price points of these kind of appliances, I never felt secure in making a decision. This is true for this dishwasher as well. Granted, $250 is a lot cheaper and more reasonable than the price of similar units. But you never really know what you're getting until you get it and I cringed at the thought of $250 going down the drain if this didnt fit my needs/work as advertised. However, out of pure desperation after tackling yet another pile of dishes I said "No more." I decided to make the purchase and I regret not doing so sooner immensely! I've only had it for a few days now but I've used it everyday since it arrived. We've had pasta and chicken with a pesto rub and for both meals I let the dishes sit on the counter overnight so that the food would dry onto the plate and I could really test this dishwasher and the dishes have all come out spotless so far! I use the FINISH All in One tablets and they've been working great so far. Some reviews point out the fact that this dishwasher doesnt dry the dishes.. I couldn't care less. But I thought I would before buying! When the cycle is over, I pop open the door and let it sit for a while, when I come back to put away the dishes, most of them are completely dry with the exception of a wet spot here and there. I didn't have any issues with the spray arm like others seem to have had and no leaking either! The unit is a little noisy, but it's nothing compared to a vacuum and the bulk of the noise is just from the dishwasher filling up and emptying throughout the cycle. Overall, I don't have a single complaint! Just keep in mind that this is NOT a full-size dishwasher and you wont be washing ALL of your pots and pans along with your plates, utensils, and glasses. But since I run this dishwasher once a day when I get home from work, there aren't many dishes to speak of and this unit handles them nicely. It does take up some valuable counter space though, being that my kitchen is so small. But I'd gladly sacrifice the counter space for this dishwasher again and again!
3 people found this helpful
on January 23, 2017
I did a lot of research about hooking up a portable dishwasher to a faucet with a pull-down sprayer head. It seemed reasonably easy in theory. When I went to get adapters to use attach the quick-connect with mine- I discovered that it is simply not possible with my faucet. As I rent my house, I am not able to change the faucet. Here is what I did to attach the machine directly to my under the counter hot water line:
I attached a 3/8” tee adapter to the valve under the sink. Bought a washing machine connector hose (4’ connector with 90-degree elbow). Attached that to a male garden hose adapter (3/4” male thread x 1/2” MP) and then that was attached to 1/2” FIP to faucet x 3/8” COMP to valve. That hose was then connected to the tee adapter. I still used the outflow hose that came with the machine but had to replace the hot water in hose with the above-mentioned bits. Also, I bought this tape stuff to put on the male threads of the tee adapter to act as a sealer. Cost me a total of about $30 for the "franken-attachment".
I am doing the first load of dishes as I type. I will update in the future as to how the machine itself is working out.
The moral of this is - don't be afraid of purchasing if you have a pull-down faucet. I not very handy in things like this usually but this was actually pretty easy once I found the parts I needed. I am hoping this post will save someone time when attempting the same thing.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
22 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on January 6, 2018
The Best dishwasher ever!!!! and what a price!!!, we are a family of four and it washes 2 meal dishes a day (about 8 plates , 8 glasses, 2 pans etc... , installing it was a breeze, andit fit perfect to our kitchen space
review imagereview image
6 people found this helpful
on March 14, 2017
I recently moved into an apartment without a dishwasher (you can't have everything sometimes). I was skeptical purchasing this item but I HATE washing dishes so I gave it a try. So glad that I did. I'm a single person and I run it about twice a week. I will say that it has a small capacity but I knew that going in. It cleans my dishes as well as the big dishwashers I've always used, but I will say I never put my dishes in heavily soiled so your mileage may vary. It also drys them which I wasn't expecting! Now it may be just as easy to hand wash them by the time you load it and hook it up to the faucet but I don't care, I still love this thing! If you hate standing over a sink as much as me don't hesitate.
4 people found this helpful
on June 24, 2017
Bought this for my RV. I absolutely hate doing dishes so this was a great investment. I purchased a 6 foot 3/4 to 3/8 braided dishwasher hose and used a pex 1/2 T with a 1/2 pex to 3/4 adapter with valve. The crimping tool can be purchased for $35 on amazon and really easy to do.

I cut a hole in a hollow space under my kitchen sink and it surprisingly fit snug, almost as it was meant to be there.

I have washed 3 loads of dishes so far with minimal effort on presoaking. So far every load has been very clean.

I would suggest this for any RV'r. I also cut a small hole under the dishwasher for the drain hose to snake through. I also calcked around the machine and left the hole open so water can easily drain encase of failure.
2 people found this helpful