Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery March Birthstone Shop Popular Services GimmeDanger GimmeDanger GimmeDanger  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Elton John Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 1,241 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,405 reviews
on December 12, 2011
I tried two other screen protectors. THey both were a bit too big and I was not able to get all the bubbles out. This item is perfect - good fit - the small "Card" to get the bubbles out was a great addition.
22 comments| 191 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 17, 2012
I bought a pack of these screen guards for two of my Kindle Fire units.

Summary: ok but not great.

Viability:
- Clouded compared to no screen guard
- I have used screen guards from other companies with much better visibility (SGP, Phantom Skinz, etc)

Durability:
- They seem durable for scratch protection

PRO:
- reduces glare
- cheap
- good scratch protection

CON:
- clouds screen (mutes colors and brightness)

Tip:
- if you get these, here's a tip that's not in the instructions: make sure to place the corner that is cut out (different from the rest) on the upper left portion of the screen. That's where the Kindle Fire light sensor is.
22 comments| 307 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 14, 2012
I love my Kindle Fire and highly recommend but I was very disappointed with the fact I couldn't read outside because of the glare. I purchased this anti-glare screen from Amazon and voila! Problem fully solved. I previously had been to several stores and no one had anything like this to match what I needed. For those of you that love to be outside to read, this is an ABSOLUTE MUST to get. Suzanne B
1616 comments| 447 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 23, 2012
As the official screen protector installer of the house, I have installed MANY protectors. This one was by far the easiest. Probably the best feature is the inclusion of a lint free soft cloth. It is the first cleaning cloth I have encountered that is actually LINT FREE!! That makes a world of difference because any tiny little speck of dust will ruin the install. From start to finish it took me about 3 minutes to do. And it is perfect. I am very happy with the quality of this product.
on February 3, 2012
Best anti-glare out there and no more finger prints. This screen protector is thick and really makes it feel well protected. I get Great Shield screen protectors for all my devices.
on March 29, 2012
I had no idea what I was missing until I added cover to my kindle. Visibility outdoors and constant fingerprints were an issue and I thought the extra layer would desensitize the screen but NOT AT ALL.
AND it made all the difference outside! I am sold and highly recommend.
Yes, as with any sheer, sticky layer, follow directions precisely, not allowing a speck under it. If applied properly, works like it should.
on June 16, 2014
If you are looking for a crystal clear protective cover for your kindle screen, look elsewhere.

However, if you are looking for a diffuser that will reduce glare from ambient lighting, and soften the somewhat harsh, crisp resolution of the display, while providing modicum of screen protection, this is the product for you.

My wife had discomfort with the crispness and glare from her kindle, even reading in doors for long periods was problematic. I have some experience applying screen covers of this sort (thee cell phones, over time) and found this product not especially difficult to apply. I got it close the first time and a little time with cellophane tape to grab a couple of errant dust particles and it covered the visible glass perfectly. Make sure to clean & dry your kindle screen first. I worked in as dust-free an area as reasonably possible and put in a little effort with the provided tool to remove immediate bubbles. Others dissipated over time.

After application, the reflected glare was reduced noticeably and the screen crispness was softened sightly. My wife's reading headaches seemed to abate, so I'd call it a success. The pack comes with three covers, so before I next go traveling, I'm likely to use a second on my own Kindle, though I prefer the crisper unshielded display for indoor use where glare is not an issue
on October 15, 2013
The manufacturer has included all relevant details about the product (anti-glare, matte finish etc) so I will just say that this product was purchased to replace a competitor's screen protector that was 3x the cost of this one and had not lived up to expectations. In my opinion this one outperforms the competition, is easy to clean/remove fingerprints with just a microfiber cloth, and makes the screen readable in natural sunlight (even when wearing polarized sunglasses, something the non-matte versions cannot do). The best feature though is that you are purchasing a pack of 3 screen protectors (which if you're like me, you will burn through all of them learning how to apply them with no dust/dog-hair bubbles trapped infuriatingly underneath.) I think there is a video from the manufacturer on how to do this, but trust me, it's a steep learning curve and it's pretty time-consuming getting it just right. When applying the screen, using a piece of Scotch tape at each corner of the screen is a lifesaver to help get the screen up to clean underneath for any dust you might have missed without putting down fingerprints and smudging the screen - once you do that on the "sticky" side it's time to start over because you will not be able to wipe them off.
All in all, the best screen protector for Kindle Fire I could find after doing loads of research and trying out the other competition. Cheaper, and best of all they give you 3 chances to get it applied so it doesn't look like an epileptic put it on.
on January 2, 2013
I see where the complaints come from others unable to get the bubbles out. I think the cardboard scraper is not effective as it is too light-weight. I followed the instructions and then tried to use the provided tool but found that a credit card worked much better. Once I got most of the bubbles out I am satisfied with the anti-glare properties. I am glad the included more than one as I got the first one a little off register and will want to replace it at some point. This was due to my error, not a problem with the product.
on August 10, 2016
I've used the GreatShield Ultra Anti-Glare Matte Finish screen protectors on my Kindle Keyboard since 2011 & have been able to read outside in bright sunlight at my place, the pool & the beach without any problem. When buying my Kindle Fire, this was the only screen protector I wanted to buy. I found it a little trickier to apply than the one on my Kindle Keyboard, but I still highly recommend this brand!