Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One ft Nina Nesbitt PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 785 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,266 reviews
on July 13, 2017
loved it 1st time i saw it,,, .... when it came out,,, blu-ray is reminiscent of 1st time,, great transfer to blu-ray
on September 4, 2017
This is a classic movie, with the great actor Patrick Swayze.
This version is 100x better then the reboot.
on February 16, 2016
This is a classic 80's movie! It captures the unrest we, in the US, had surrounding us during the cold war. The small band of outcast freedom fighters makes a stand against the machine and prevails. This gives great voice to the spirit most Americans still have when it comes to defending our country from invaders. This movie forces you to look at yourself and ask yourself "what would I do, if this just happened?" These people are unprepared, no one is in hiding, it's just a normal day......until.....

The cast works well together, I've seen this movie many times and never tired of it. We rented this because our son had to do a school project on wars. The cold war a choice so we suggested this. It's easily as watchable today as it was then. He learned what we meant by fear of invaders and bomb drills. If you've never seen the original 1984 movie....you really are missing out!
on December 26, 2012
Red Dawn is a 1984 action movie. After NATO is dissolved, the Soviet Union invades and takes over the United States. In the process of establishing a presence in one particular Colorado town, a group of high school students and one student's older brother manage to escape to the nearby mountains where they then ultimately become rebels and start striking back against the Soviet soldiers.

I always enjoyed Red Dawn. The blu-ray quality of the movie looked nice and have no complaints there. On the other hand I never owned it on VHS or DVD so I can't compare the blu-ray quality to either. The one special feature I watched was also good. Lea Thompson mentioned at one point the interesting fact that Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey actually didn't get along behind the scenes and fought like a brother and sister. Which is funny to think that just a few years later, they starred together in Dirty Dancing.

If you enjoy the movie, I'd recommend getting this.
on October 27, 2016
The cold war classic. Early career appearances by Patrick Swayze, Charlie Sheen, et al. Plus old veterans like Harry Dean Stanton, Ben Johnson, and Powers Booth. On a purely cinematic basis, not the best movie. There are some jarringly abrupt edits and some obviously truncated scenes. I would love to see the directors original cut, if it still exists. But as a Reagan era cold war icon, it is deserving of it's cult classic status.
on August 15, 2017
I for someone like the older version of this movie I have seen both they are similar
on October 5, 2016
This is a great movie, if only because of the nostalgia of the early eighties. The acting is ok, the special effects are ok and the editing is ok...but the story is great and back then America was worried about the "Red Army" rolling across the palins of our country. If you have only seen the recreated red dawn then you are most likely to young to enjoy this but it is still a movie favorite.
on August 31, 2017
I like the three in one deals for it takes up less space in my motorhome.
on May 18, 2017
This movie is a classic out of the 1980's. It is an entertaining look at the fictional story of the Russian and Cubans attacking the USA. This movie harkens back to the Cold War 1980s when the US was on edge with the Soviet Union. Had the box arrived intact I would have given this 5 stars.
on September 19, 2016
I was in my 20s when this movie came out....and it scared me half to death!! Russians and Cubans attacking us is much more plausible than the new North Korean version. But all in all it's a good movie with lots of new faces that are old stars now.