Top critical review
Excellent in so many ways, but it falls short in two important ones...
on April 13, 2015
I grew up on an old IBM mechanical keyboard. The clicky-clack of the keys was something really fun that I missed with new membrane keyboards. When I read about the resurgence in these mechanical devices using Cherry switches, I had to jump at it.
- I have the MX Browns, and they feel great. Soft, but slightly tactile, and pleasant to listen to.
- Fit and finish of the Rosewill keyboard is excellent.
- Great ergonomics.
- Simple, understated design that is appropriate for a work environment.
- The numerals on the keys is wearing off after only a few months of daily use at work. This is disappointing. A new decent quality key set will cost more than $20, and time to replace. For a keyboard this expensive, this isn't acceptable.
- The mini-USB connector from keyboard to cord is wobbly. It hasn't given me trouble yet, but my keyboard never moves or gets unplugged. It is a loose connection waiting to happen.
Overall, if you are looking for a "try it before you buy it" mechanical keyboard, this is a great option. It feels nice and works well, but isn't the best quality. I may upgrade to a nicer unit next time, since this is my everyday work keyboard and having nice things to use is worth a few bucks in the end.