Amazon Business Books with Buzz STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services _ros _ros _ros  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 331 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 359 reviews
on April 13, 2015
I grew up on an old IBM mechanical keyboard. The clicky-clack of the keys was something really fun that I missed with new membrane keyboards. When I read about the resurgence in these mechanical devices using Cherry switches, I had to jump at it.

PRO:
- I have the MX Browns, and they feel great. Soft, but slightly tactile, and pleasant to listen to.
- Fit and finish of the Rosewill keyboard is excellent.
- Great ergonomics.
- Simple, understated design that is appropriate for a work environment.

CON:
- The numerals on the keys is wearing off after only a few months of daily use at work. This is disappointing. A new decent quality key set will cost more than $20, and time to replace. For a keyboard this expensive, this isn't acceptable.
- The mini-USB connector from keyboard to cord is wobbly. It hasn't given me trouble yet, but my keyboard never moves or gets unplugged. It is a loose connection waiting to happen.

Overall, if you are looking for a "try it before you buy it" mechanical keyboard, this is a great option. It feels nice and works well, but isn't the best quality. I may upgrade to a nicer unit next time, since this is my everyday work keyboard and having nice things to use is worth a few bucks in the end.
on April 16, 2015
Great KEYBOARD. Sturdy feel and incredibly smooth, linear typing with the Red switches (ideal for my achy finger and wrist joints). Unfortunately the "+" key on my numeric keypad died just short of a year after purchasing. I'm giving a 5-star rating because Rosewill customer service handled the replacement swiftly and painlessly; they even upgraded my keyboard to a newer, better (ahem... more expensive) model at no charge, less shipping paid to return the defective keyboard. I did have to contact Rosewill CS directly via a standard form on their website, as the return period through Amazon had already expired. Keep your receipts and original packaging/accessories to ensure a refund/replacement. Here's to you, Vera with Rosewill CS!
on December 7, 2011
First of all, I must say that I am very impressed by the company Rosewill. I had accidentally changed my billing address instead of my shipping address so my keyboard was being sent to the wrong address. I emailed Rosewill as soon as I found out and they promptly changed the shipping address for me, even though the package had already shipped!

Upon arrival, the keyboard was packaged very nicely in a sturdybox. I couldn't wait to try it out. Prior to the Rosewill RK-9000 with red switches, I had tried out Filco's with brown switches, and Leopold's with blue switches. If you're looking for a nice mech keyboard, I suggest you check out those brands too, and research switches to see which one you think would best fit you. The switches were a big deal to me, and I didn't want a very loud keyboard, so keyboards with blue switches were not as desirable. Also I preferred the feel of the brown switches, but the brown switch keyboard are still a little loud because of the tactile feel. With the red switches, I hoped the keyboard would be quieter to type on, and it is!

The Rosewill RK-9000 requires very little actuation force, so your fingertips can just lightly touch the key and it will respond. It's a quiet keyboard, easy to type on, and may require some getting used to so that you can keep from bottoming out (hitting the keycap all the way to the bottom of the board). Red switches also have a linear feel as opposed to the tactile feel of blue and brown switches, and I'm not a huge fan of it but that's what I get for wanting a quieter keyboard. The keyboard itself is well-made; for some reason the keycaps feel very soft for me to type on. The red plating isn't too noticeable unless you're looking down at the keyboard, and for some people it's a +1 for aesthetics. The braided cable seems very durable, and the gold plated connectors are a nice touch. This keyboard also has anti-ghosting, which is good for gamers.

I mainly use the keyboard for typing and gaming (Starcraft II, when I'm able to play), and so far it's been really nice. I managed to get this board during the Black Friday sale since it was $80, and it's definitely worth the money since you can rarely find nice mech keyboards for under $100 in general, and red switch keyboards are not as common either. It may not be worth the regular pricetag of $130 compared to other mech keyboard brands, but if it's on sale, definitely snag it.

If anyone has any further questions, leave a comment. :)
on March 14, 2017
I use this keyboard every day at work. I work in software engineering and it has held up under daily use programming 8 hours a day. This is an amazing keyboard. As long as you don't pound on the keys, the sound is minimal, which is nice for a cubical environment.
on August 19, 2014
High quality construction gives the keyboard a great feel, the Cherry switches provide an excellent sound response. This versatile keyboard can easily be used for typing or gaming. Best of all the price is right.
on August 24, 2011
I can't begin to tell you how much I love this keyboard.

Why I love this keyboard:
-Satisfying clicky clacks
-nice quality feel and weight
-despite other review, mine came with a ps/2 cable
-cable is detachable
-NKEY rollover is amazing. I can press every key at once and it registers them
-Cool red metal plate beneath keys

Improvements:
-Keys could be laser etched instead of laser printed
on February 17, 2011
If your looking for a 'no-frills' mechanical keyboard, look no further; the RK-9000 comes equipped with Cherry MX blue switches on every key, which provides you with that satisfying 'click' that a mechanical keyboard is notorious for.

The keyboard is VERY well built, and pretty heavy. Blue lights for num, caps and scroll lock, and a nylon coated USB wire for improved durability.

All in all, if your looking for a mechanical keyboard for a great price, don't hesitate.
on January 6, 2011
The Rosewill RK-9000 is an awesome keyboard. The mechnical keys are wonderful, with just the right amount of resistance and a sexy smooth feel. If the lights are off in the room, the blue LED for Num Lock is lightsaber bright.

Knocks: she ain't the prettiest girl on the block, and she doesn't really sit up high enough on her back end.
on August 31, 2012
I have never had a mechanical keyboard before, but after reading about them, I decided to purchase one. I went with the Rosewill, and I love it! I am a gamer, so it's perfect for that, and perfect for just plain old typing! I want to buy another one to take into work with me! Typing on a regular keyboard just isn't as fun!
on March 15, 2017