Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on July 18, 2017
I LOVE my Otterbox cases. I will on,y use these cases for my personal iPhone, work iPhone, personal iPad, work iPad and my wife's phone. They do a better job protecting the phones than any other case I've ever tried (and I have tried tons of them!).

An example of how well these protect your phone: I was on our roof installing Christmas lights and my phone slipped out of my hoodie pocket, it bounced once on the roof then fell 12' to the concrete driveway below, landing face first. I was sure I would be buying a new phone or glass face for Christmas, but when I climbed down the ladder I found my phone in perfect condition!
on November 5, 2012
Cover fits phone perfectly. Case has a clear plastic front (rather than just a frame and back) so there's no need for an additional screen-protecting film. This is both good and bad; it's built-in, so there's no additional expense, but it also leaves a tiny gap of air between the cover and the screen, so the phone doesn't always recognize a light touch. Case goes on in two parts: a rigid yellow piece, then a stretchy grey piece (which reminds me of my old Otterbox).

The biggest problem, though, is with the docking. Now that I have this thick case on my phone, it won't fit on any docking station in the house (HD radios and other another docking station). So now I'm in the market for a cable extension so I can listen to my music and Pandora through the docking radios. The case is too complicated to take off and put back on every time I want to listen to music. Had I known about this issue with docking, I wouldn't have bought this case. I chose it primarily on price, but extension cables and shipping will cost more than I saved. If you never dock your phone, and only use it with a cable, then it's a great case.
2 helpful votes
on November 2, 2012
This is a knock-off Otterbox. It is obviously a fraud. The box had no hologram and the packing inside was flimsy cardboard. More importantly, the case itself was made of cheap, brittle plastic and the rubber was micro-thin and would not stay shut. There was no Otterbox logo inside the case where it is on real boxes. This seller should not be allowed to sell these counterfeit Otterboxes any more. What junk!
11 helpful votes
12 helpful votes
on August 20, 2015
Excellent protection for my iphone4. (Yes, I still carry a 4) My first case for this phone was an Otterbox, but I upgraded after a while because I wanted a waterproof case. So I had the Lifeproof case for some time and it worked for what I needed. My grandson teethed with it, then as he grew he started pulling on the rubber tabs until it was no longer waterproof. Then I cracked the screen because I got careless with some machinery in my shop. I decided I needed screen protection more than water protection so I came back to Otterbox and I am so glad I did. The phone/case snaps into the holster on my belt to protect the screen from any damage just like I want. The holster fits tightly around the belt and there is no way it could possibly come off by accident. Some days it is a chore to get it off when I want to, so I know it's secure. I would much rather pay $25 for a phone case than $75 for another screen replacement. I wish I could have found the waterproof Otterbox case and holster, but that doesn't seem to be available anymore.
on March 12, 2013
I USED A $50 OTTER BOX ONCE UPON A TIME..and after various camping trips and lots and lots of physical abuse the poor case fell apart. I was proud of how long it lasted.
I was skeptical buying a case online as opposed to paying the $50 and buying it IN person.

I really don't get why people go crazy for colors! I paid $19 for this lovely yellow and gray case. The exact same case is almost $40 in other colors!! Why? Who knows?

I was pleasantly surprised. It's exactly the same one that I destroyed and paid twice as much for. It fits perfectly. Just be patient when taking the covers off...and FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!

I CAN NOT RECOMMEND THIS ENOUGH!! THANK YOU TINY ELECTRONICS!
on August 19, 2013
So I got this and the packaging is different from the other Otterbox cases that I've purchased in the past. Regardless, it works, my phone has been dropped, and this case hasn't failed me yet. Also, buying from Amazon was way cheaper than the $50 that I've usually spent before. I'd have to say that the quality is the same. I like to mix and match, so I'm happy to have different colored cases.

I'm not a fan of counterfeit products, and I try not to buy them. I'm just not sure whether this is or isn't. I haven't found a way to authenticate it, so it's undecided at this point.
on September 20, 2014
I bought several Otterbox Defender cases before my family got our iPhone 4s. The phones seemed very fragile to me, and slippery to hold onto. Two years later, the cases have protected the phones very well. I am not sure that there is better protection available from drop or impact. Yes, thee are some cases which claim to allow underwater photography, but no way I would ever do that. I have tried Lifeproof cases, and they are good also. Unfortunately, the nature of the case means that ringtones and other sounds are very muffled. I prefer Otterbox, and I will buy an underwater camera if I need one.
I will say that one should expect that this case, or any other, will show signs of wear over time. The screen protector will eventually show some minor scratching, and the outer rubber portion will stretch and wear out...in about 2 years. I have no problem with that. At these prices, I am happy to replace the case after 2 years, and a change of color is nice anyway.
The outer rubberized portion helps me hold on to the phone, but it makes it a little difficult for the teens to slip it into the back pocket, like they prefer to do. I have dropped my phone in the Otterbox many times, even dropped it off my mountain bike and ran over it with both wheels. Phone and case are still fine.
on October 18, 2012
This would be a 5-star review except for one glaring design problem...
I spend a lot of time hiking on Mt. Shasta, year round, and my iPhone needs protection from snow in the Winter, and from trail-dust the rest of the year. In addition, I wanted a case that offered some protection for the screen, should I drop it on something hard. This is the only case I've found that offers serious screen protection. Overall I'm happy with it - the hard case with the screen protection is surrounded by a rubbery cushion that's easy to grip securely. It does bulk up the dimensions of the phone a bit, but I don't see any way around that. It's a trade-off I'm willing to make to get the extra screen protection.

As others have noted, there's no way you can insert the phone in a dock when the case is on. And while I've removed the case every so often, mostly to clean the rubber part that can get grimy after many days on dusty trails, it takes enough time that you won't want to do if daily. And even if it didn't take so much time, it does stretch the rubber each time I do that so that it doesn't fit quite as tightly after several such stretching. So I wouldn't advise removing the phone from the case daily just to insert it into a dock. I did get one the (way more expensive than it should be!) dock extenders, but it raises the phone high enough in the dock to make me worried about torquing the connector in the dock enough to break it. So I just connect the phone through the device's mini-plug input...

The flaps that protect the headphone jack and the 'silence' switch at the upper left side of the phone still close securely after many openings to access those functions. BUT - this is my biggest complaint - the flap at the bottom of the case that's supposed to protect the charging connector has NEVER worked well. I think I got it to actually close tightly maybe 4 times total - and it took several minutes of fussing with it each time, so I never bothered after that. Eventually the flap developed a tear from repeated flexing in my pocket, so I cut it off, and ordered some of those (REALLY ridiculously overpriced!) silicone plugs for the dock connector. Of course since they're so small, it's easy to lose them. It would be much better if Otterbox could fix the currently-useless dock protector problem - then it would deserve the extra star!
2 helpful votes
on November 27, 2012
So, I'm not the type of person to get an otter box, they're bulky, mostly ugly, and did I say bulky? iPhones have supreme design and to lock them under a layer of hideous protection is a crime. But iphones are also very expensive, and I fear that mine too would suffer the wrath of my clumsiness. SO, I bought one, after years of dissing them. Came in fast, I put on the phone, and actually didn't mind it for a long time, dropped my phone probably 6 times and no damage was done. It's also got a nice splash screen on the front, to prevent...well... splashes, the thing is, is that the great retina display is pretty much useless with the splash screen on, it also makes it hard to type text messages. Still stand by that this thing gets 4 stars. It has saved my phone several times.
on January 6, 2013
With 4 young children, I needed something that would really protect my phone and this has done the job. Recommend this for parents and anyone prone to accidents.
Edited: Worked fantastic for over a year and protected my phone through plenty of rough handling and drops, but recently the silicon started stretching out (mainly from kids grabbing for it and pulling rather than normal adult use). Also the flap over the power slot didn't fit right for the past 6 months and just now ripped off after ~18 months. Still like it but thinking of trying something without silicon next time.