Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 299 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 309 reviews
on June 13, 2015
Others seem to like it however I bought mine in March according to the receipt and now here in June it has already begin to rust. Maybe I got a bad one or maybe I'm the only person to notice. If you're looking for a quality long lasting product, this is not it in m experience. Picture attached if you'd like to see what it looks like. Very disappointing.
review image
on April 19, 2013
The InterDesign shower curtain rod is the best I have tried. It is easy to install and stays in place. The instructions are simple and clear. Extend the rod to 1" longer than the opening, twist the rod (several turns) to lock it to that length, then compress the spring-loaded rod and position it in place. It maintains tension with effective spring pressure and larger ribbed pads hidden in the ends. This rod works well, has a quality finish and is nicely made.

I have had negative experiences with the Zenith brand of rods sold by Lowes, Home Depot, and Target. They have poor mechanical design, are aggravating to install, and tend to fall down. The InterDesign rods work.
on October 25, 2016
This rod is of much better quality than I expected. While it is made up of one tube inside another, they fit very closely and there is an almost invisible plastic transition collar that makes the curtain hooks slide easily over the joint. There are very clear directions on a label affixed (a little too firmly) to the inner tube, and I was able to install the rod in less than five minutes without any ptoblem.
Trying to anticipate any corrosion problems, and to help keep the rod clean, I wiped the whole thing down _very_ lightly with WD40 (R). I suggest others do the same as no stainless steel is 100 percent stainless.
A very good product, installed much easier than I had expected, stays in place well, and all the small details have been taken care of. I recommend this product to anyone who takes the time to read and follow the installation directions.
on October 10, 2014
For a long rod like that I was worried it wouldn't have any strength when it was all said and done. It works great. not only can it hold the curtain but it can hold other things on it as well. The mechanics work well. you set it a little longer than you need by twisting it till it locks, and then you spring load it into place. Just be sure to get a length longer than needed. The extra inches is what creates the force that holds it in place.
on August 14, 2016
I've bought and liked many InterDesign products over the years, but this one is truly horrendous. The rubber (plastic?) feet at the ends of both the rod and two end caps are not securely fastened; they therefore recede into the metal components, causing them to come directly into contact with your tile and/or wall. Once this happens, it's impossible to reposition the rod without scratching up your tile, walls, or both--and, my case, cutting your finger.
on February 12, 2014
After buying every type of spring tension rod at Home Depot, Target, and Walmart, and having everyone of them eventually jog down and fall, this one did the trick. I only give it 4/5 because it had a bad scratch so there may be quality control issues. Otherwise, works as advertised, nice finish, don't hestitate to buy!
on April 18, 2017
I purchased this in June 2016 and these photos are taken 9 months later. This is not a case of a single flaw in manufacturing. The entire length of the rod demonstrates an inadequate coating of stainless steel. You can see that I've been using nice curtain hooks with ball bearings. The rod was not scuffed or scratched by the hooks. This is just an inferior product for its intended purpose--holding a shower curtain up in a humid environment. I purchased a Moen rod back in 2013 and it still looks brand new.
review image review image review image review image
on March 10, 2017
This thing seems sturdy but won't seem to tighten enough to stay up and stay in place. It's constantly slipping off the tile and falls to the ground. We can't even hang a towel from it without it falling. Worst part is that this is the 2nd one we purchased. The first one did the same thing and my husband accidentally purchased the same one! Poor design and we're not happy!
on December 22, 2013
Our new home looked like it used good materials everywhere except for the guest/secondary shower rods!

They were CHEAP plastic that was chrome-coated.

Eventually as it got colder, they contracted and fell in both the rooms within a week of each other. One fell on its end and broke the plastic receptacle that held the rubber "foot" so it was out of commission.

I wanted a new shower curtain rod anyway even though I probably could have "MacGuyver"-ed them both.

After seeing how these were installed (spring loaded, but you can move the starting point by locking it into position), I was sold. Typically the simple spring-loaded ones use a fixed length spring and internal base so a wider shower opening means weaker spring strength. With these, you can adjust where the internal spring base starts, so you can have a powerful spring tension no matter what your shower width (within specs!).

Our showers are about 50" wide and these were a perfect fit. I just held them up to the opening, pulled out the rod an additional 1-1.5", twisted it to set the internal spring base, and then compressed them and installed them.

So far so good, and they definitely feel sturdy! I've got the shower curtain liner, shower curtain, and occasionally hang towels on the rods with no issues.

I don't anticipate any issues as these seem rock-solid so far!
on November 19, 2015
Originally bought a shower tension rod at Lowes. Oddly enough they only have one size that is suppose to extend to 72". "The standard size" I was told. Nobody needs it bigger. My bathtub/shower is definitely standard size but the Lowe's curtain rod was very flimsy and kept falling apart when extended to the length needed for my "standard tub". I was very happy to find this tension rod which is much sturdier than anything at Lowes and for the same price of their flimsy rod. It extends to the wall which is where I wanted it, not just on the fiberglass molded part of the shower, and it holds well without being weak in the middle. Good price as well.