Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: Toy|Change

Showing 1-10 of 912 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 980 reviews
on July 13, 2013
Bought this for my 2 year old after reading mainly positive reviews, but did notice some people thought it was very poor quality. You Tube videos seemed to indicate it is a good toy, so made the purchase.

When it arrived we were very disappointed as it was not what we had expected. Version we had wanted had windows and looked to be made of a more sturdy material. However what we got has no windows (so kid can't see out when inside), and the material is incredibly flimsy (already had a tear when we first set it up).

Looked into it more and can see there are two versions, and it's pot luck which one you get (same price of course). Not impressed.
11 comment| 197 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 25, 2016
My parents actually bought this (from my Amazon account) for my 3 year old boy's birthday. He absolutely loves this! It is quite large so it will take up a lot of space in your home so I don't recommend this if you live in a condo. As the other viewers mentioned, it had a pretty strong smell when we first set it up, but that went away after a couple of days. My boy likes to hang out in this and watch his shows on his iPad... This one doesn't have any windows which is a bit of a disappointment. But my boy is very happy with this product, it was his favourite present he received on his bday!
review image
on May 13, 2016
It wasn't as nice as I expected. We got this for my little boy for Christmas and we thought it would have more to do. It has too many parts and it's almost impossible to to fold back up. It also is a lot bigger than expected. It's just not what we expected at all.
review image
on July 26, 2015
My 4-year-old great-grandson loved his Thomas the Train play tent. It sets up in 2 seconds, can easily be moved and put away when finished playing or left up permanently in a bedroom or playroom. There is nothing in this tent for children to get hurt on. It makes a great hideout or the perfect place to take a nap - they can even take their pillow, favorite toys and blankie inside with room to spare. If your kids or grandkids like trains, get this tent.
on June 15, 2012
I bought this tent for my Thomas-crazy 20-month old daughter. (Well, she's had it for a few months, I guess she was about 18 months old when she got it). She is such a Thomas-fan, a smile spread on her face just from seeing the picture of Thomas on the outside of the box that this train came in.

Well, it was really easy to set the tent up, and it fits in our living room, it fits in her room ... in our back yard ... it's very much portable, it collapses into a very neat little carrying bag and I'm even considering taking it on vacations with us.

At first, my toddler thought it was a little scary to crawl into the tent, she preferred the outside of it where she could see Thomas. To encourage her to try crawling inside, we added a mattress (one of those thing rubber-type mattresses that are meant for naps) and some of her favorite toys inside the train. THEN she finally got it!
She felt safe crawling in and out of the tent, and now she loves it. She'll be sitting inside the train for quite a long time, just playing by herself with her toys or puzzles and she loves it.
It's her own little private hide-away, and my husband and I definitely believe that just because she's only a toddler doesn't mean she doesn't need some time to herself once in awhile.

I love this tent, I will definitely recommend it to anyone with kids, ESPECIALLY if they like Thomas.
They do have carts that add on, but as of right now, I honestly don't see the need for the extra train carts. The locomotive is more than enough for her and the carts would take up too much room anyway.

So ... yeah .... a must-have for any Thomas-loving toddler ;-)
0Comment| 145 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 29, 2017
My son LOVES that I got this for him.

To best describe its structure, it is similar to a collapsible clothing hamper. It twists and folds up to a pretty compact shape. It's extremely lightweight/movable. Structurally, do not plan on kids climbing on this as it will very easily colapse under their weight.

Material wise, it is similar to that again of a collapsible clothing hamper.

The taller part of the train, I can sit in it without bending over. I'm 6'1".

My only dislike, the smoke stack is an additional piece held on with Velcro. Very flimsy.
on March 22, 2017
Wish I could leave zero stars. This is literal junk. A plastic tarp draped over a chair would hold up better. The material is THIN. The tent is droopy and sad. The entire thing just crumples over if it gets a breeze from the AC. There is no bottom so the whole thing is just unsteady and awful. Honestly, I will be contacting Amazon to get my money back. I wouldn't have paid $10 for it, let alone $25.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon March 21, 2016
It's cute and it's easy to set up and take down, but that's about it. It needs a bottom. It needs a window. My son loves everything Thomas so of course he liked this but it didn't last. Hard to get in and out and you can't see out once you're in. Doesn't fit more than 2 really small kids. Not the best play tent.
on November 17, 2016
Birthday gift for 2 yr old grand son who absolutely loves Thomas. His birthday party is this coming sat so he hasn't seen it yet but I know he will love it. His mom said it came on time was packaged well with no dammage. Is easy to set up and to put away. She was glad it could be folded up so easily to put away because their home is small. They havnt found the perfect home for them yet. Will give an up date to its sturdiness of being played with by a 2 yr old boy boy.
on January 14, 2015
It's an adorable toy that my 3 year old son just loves. I like how its foldable and easy to tuck away compactly. We actually haven't had it packed up since Christmas yet, but I like knowing that I won't have to worry about finding a place to put it when we need to store it. I picked out this toy for my son, being I really didn't know what to buy him for Christmas. He'd just had his birthday and received an entire table top Thomas and Friends train set with a number of Thomas and Friends trains. As well as all of the Planes fire and rescue toys... I like that this resembled a character that he is into right now, while encouraging imaginative play. He enjoys having his secret little place to hide and play in and its not another toy that's just laying around.

Con's:
Lightweight papery fabric
Thoma's Funnel doesn't sit up night and straight as it does in the picture
Over Priced (although aren't all Thomas and Friends products very over priced?)

Pro's:
It's a cute little toy that the child can use their imagination with
It packs up neatly
Light Weight
It't a Thomas the Train!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.