Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 530 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 547 reviews
on December 20, 2013
I was able to install the app but it wouldn't let me subscribe to the magazine within the app. I decided to go directly to Time Magazine and purchase it and then read it on the Kindle. I did that and now I am forced to sign in every time I open the program to download another week's copy.

What I did notice when I was at the TIME MAGAZINE website was that the app didn't have some VERY necessary information. For example, when I tried to subscribe on the Kindle app, it didn't allow me to get digital only. Also, it kept kicking back my password. On the Time site, it was very clear that letters and numbers were required but the app just told me that my password was wrong. And Time gave me that button to cancel the papercopies but sent me a letter saying that mine would arrive in 1-3 weeks. Maybe they are the ones that set up the Health Care web site.
on May 9, 2013
I won't waste time reviewing the magazine. If you don't know what Time is about.... well, my review won't help you. So, I'd like to cover two things about the app, one good and one bad.
First the bad- it is baffling to me that there is a reading app that doesn't let you change the font size. I would prefer the text to be larger. I'm sure some would like smaller text. Maybe scalable font is not practicable on the smaller 7" fire. So, why not give me a choice of 3 or 4 sizes then? Anything would be better than nothing.
Now for the good - I love the layout. I like all the navigation options. You can scroll one page at a time, jump right to an article from the table of contents, or scroll through a "ribbon" of thumbnail pics of each page. Plus, there is extra stuff you don't get in the paper version (videos) and I like all the I interactive features.
I'm not sure who (or why) so many reviewers have reported trouble with the app. I am not a print subscriber, so I didn't try to sign in to an account. Once installed and subscribed, my first magazine started downloading immediately. And Amazon didn't Bill me for 30 days. Those are the advertised 30 days for free during which I could have cancelled if I had wished too.
If you like Time, you'll probably like this app - but if you like to read larger print, you nay find yourself wishing for stronger glasses.
on March 20, 2013
The APP is a piece of s*** I have subscribed to Time for past 36 years, now that my vision is waning (83-yrs old) I was happy to find a digital reader that was easy to access, sign in and adjust font. Kindle Fire in their advertising offered or implied this potential in the Time APP; however was not able to deliver because the APP is so poorly written. I STILL SUBSCIBE TO THE PAPER ISSUE BUT WILL NOT AFTER IT RUNS OUT. I satisfy my needs reading papers in the newsstand. You probably will not post this in your reviews but I will get some satisfaction out of the fact that somebody in your organization has read it.
on December 9, 2012
Despite the fact that TIME Magazine is one of my favorite publications, the Amazon App is unwieldy and quite disconcerting in accessibility. Clicking on the Kindle App directs one to a small login box requiring the entry of the e-mail address and password of the user every single time. On my previous Nook tablet reader4 this was totally unnecessary.
Furthermore,, once entering the TIME site after login, it becomes necessary to "Download" each past issue every instance I choose to go back and read one.
My hope is that this cumbersome procedure can be changed and in the meantime I will have to use my old NOOK when I want to read TIME Magazine.
on May 1, 2012
This app freezes when 58% of an issue is downloaded. Installed, re-installed, hard reset all done and no change in the app. Time Magazine says glitchy app is Amazon's problem; Amazon says it's Time's problem. An Amazon app developer actually called me and emailed me but that was several weeks ago and haven't heard back. I can read Time Magazine on my Kindle fire by going to the web but one of the reasons I got a Kindle Fire was to be able to read Time Magazine without the need for wi-fi.

UPDATE - 5/22/12. The app is fixed!! It now works perfectly and it's an excellent way to read Time Magazine. Took multliple emails and phone calls to Amazon where everyone I spoke with assured me the app would get fixed. Apparently, the problem was Time Magazine's.

UPDATE - 4/1/13. Well, I guess app developers have to keep their jobs because they've mucked up the app. Just when it was working fine. The font is now as small (or smaller) than the font in the print edition and I can't read the magazine. There is no way to enlarge the font. The only reason I got a Kindle Fire was because I can no longer read the print. Additionallly, now the cover is supposed to update to the current issue once that issue is downloaded but sadly, I am always at least one cover behind.

UPDATE - 5/12/14. This app is no longer compatible with a First Generation Kindle Fire. On 5/11 when I tried to download the latest issue, got a message saying this app is no longer available on my device but I can use other devices. Well, I can't. No smartphone and the Kindle Fire is my only device.
on December 18, 2012
I subscribe to Time. Tried multiple times to log in. Would not recognize password /email. Reset password. Still wouldn't recognize. Then said kindle User could go right to library. Clicked library Icon at bottom of page & it is blank. VERY FRUSTRATING. Don't waste your time. May let print subscription lapse since I really subscribed to get access on kindle.
on February 5, 2012
horrible and slow cannot read installed mag after waiting ten minutes to download poor customer service easier to just read paper copy
on August 4, 2013
I am a print subscriber to Time and so was eligible for the electronic edition at no charge. I had also previously signed up for online access to Time's website and had no difficulty activating this app using the same email address and password.

The magazine arrives on Friday evening, which is one to four days before the print copy comes in the U.S. mail, so I have most of it read before I ever see the actual magazine. All of the print content is included plus a number of bonus articles and extra photos that are not in the mailed edition. The app makes navigation through the contents simple and I find that the articles are more readable and the photos more vibrant than they are in the printed version.

In summary, this app has added a great deal to my overall enjoyment of Time magazine and I would highly recommend it to other Time subscribers.
on April 16, 2014
I actually was amazed reading some of the bad reviews for this APP. I have never had trouble logging into the application and download times for me are 1 minute for the entire issue. My issue lays with the change to the newstand. The issue I have here is prior to this change I would have several of the older issues on my fire as I am playing a game of catch up. Before the download would stay on the Fire and no issues going back to where I left off. Now it only wants me to see the most recent issue and each time I go back to read the old ones I have to redownload the issue again. Now because it only takes a minute to download this is more on a nuisense then it is anything else. Simple put I want the APP top go back the way it was for easier access to the older issue.

Other then that the app is great. Easy to read, has small extra video's talking about the different areas of interest. The magizine is great as a quick read to catch up on current events and give you a lot more information then your typical newscast or newspaper.

This is my first year with the subscription but it will be a renewal for years to come as long as they send out the magzine with the online access.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon September 25, 2012
This is a worthwhile app to get if you have a paid print subscription to Time. After a somewhat cumbersome sign-up process, it allows you free access to the electronic version of Time. If you don't have a print subscription you can still access full issues of Time, but have to pay for each issue. At $5 per, it's not a very economical way to read the magazine considering that I just signed up for 18 months of print for $20.

The app itself is generally well-done. Of the three issues I've read on it so far, every part of the print issue was replicated on the Fire. Navigation is straightforward, with the ability to page through or use a top-end index to jump to an article of interest.

The feature it lacks is a page zoom. Some of the text is small and hard to read, and zooming is only possible for very limited portions of each issue, such as specific charts or illustrations. While the app makes it easy to read Time on the go, I find that the print issue offers greater ease of use for my aging eyes.