Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 1,116 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,417 reviews
on March 2, 2013
I like that you can fast forward the CPU players to make the game proceed at a faster pace.
Only things that are slightly different than the original board game: When you or another player are the "Police Officer" Spinning 10 does not win additional money, also become certain professions no longer exclude you from paying on certain spaces such as accountant or doctor, you do not get to see what your "LIFE" tiles are worth when you collect them, can no longer purchase house or car insurance, and when choosing "College" you are only allowed to choose from two professions instead of three. They have also added some new features such as "Spin it to win it" spaces, and Sue another Player. These difference do not detract from the fun of playing the game, it is still very fun and visually looks great. I'm very happy with my purchase.
on December 9, 2015
Like many other viewers, I found that the game is a lot of fun. I like the lifestyle updates the developers have included. I bought the app to play on my Fire TV. To check out the game immediately after downloading, I chose the single player option with the computer playing as the other 5 participants. I allow the game to Fast Forward thru the screens while the other "players" spin thru all of their options. After a few minutes of play, the game stops. It forces me to "continue" the game I have in progress so it has to reload every time. It's annoying. I would love to see the EA developers install a fix for automatic downloading. Once it starts crashing, it almost doesn't allow me back into it.
on March 29, 2016
I have always been a huge fan of the game of life, I have multiple Life board games. What I don't like when you try and pick your career you never know which one it's going to give you I have played this game numerous of times and still don't know. I always choose college career so it lets you pick two options so one would think you would pick out the career where the cards kinda jumping out at you , but then it gives you the exact opposite then a couple of others times when I have played you half to pick the opposite card to get the career you really want. Hummmm I wonder if theirs a glitch in the game. Has anyone else had this issue?
on May 13, 2016
It's easier than pulling out the board game. My son enjoys it. However, we have noticed that when you get to pick a career, no matter which one you pick, you are assigned the one on the left. So, for example, if you have to choose between teacher (on the left) and doctor (on the right), and you choose doctor, you will find that the game has selected teacher for you and pay you accordingly. That is frustrating; especially when you are trying to throw the game so that your kid can win. LOL.
on December 31, 2015
How does a company with as many resources as Electronic Arts put out a game where the career card you choose isn't the career you get? I tested it several times, and many of those times I didn't actually get the career I chose. That makes it pretty much unplayable. Does anyone actually test this stuff before shoving it out the door and slapping a $5 price tag on it?
on July 30, 2014
Bought this about a month ago...The full price is a little high, but it does have just as much replay value as a traditional board game. My daughter is 7 & loves playing on her own ( reading is required). This can be played with computer opponents or friends, up to four players. There are many possible outcomes, depending on what Life paths you take. It will stay interesting for a while. Our average time for one round is about 15 mins for 2 players... Enough to be engaging, but not annoying. Custom names/faces for avatars should be available, currently you must choose from pre-created characters as the players... at the minimum, for this kind of app, you should be able to modify the name. Occasionally the game freezes. I have been able to continue game by exiting, opening another app, then returning to game and choosing "continue". No in app purchases is a plus. Overall, I think it's a little pricey. If you're interested and see it on sale, pick it up. or try it on another platform first. This is currently 90% less for Android.
on September 24, 2012
Okay, so it's not as much fun as the old board Game of Life (and I mean the original, where you spin the plastic wheel and put little pegs in the little cars) but it's a nice version to have when you're traveling or when you're short on space. Others have not liked that the money is done automatically and I agree that for kids, counting the money is a great way to learn, but again, I see this app as a complement to the board game, not a substitute. Plus it's fun to play when you're by yourself and don't have anyone to play the board game with. There were no glitches in the download and it played smoothly. I was able to get it on sale for next to nothing but I think I would have paid full price for it had I known it existed before it went on sale. Bottom line, don't expect a substitute for the original board game, but take it for what it is: it's fun, it's fast, takes up little space, and you can play it by yourself.
on February 17, 2013
I usually play this app when I'm bored, or have nothing to do. This is a fun way to entertain me. This game is just like the board game "Life". This game is actually my favorite board game, and my whole family enjoys it. This app will even entertain a four year old. I say this game is rated ages four on up. SUPER entertaining!!! LUV IT!!!!!
on April 16, 2015
I am a really big fan of Ea, but I have to say they really sucked at putting this game together. I have had the Game of Life in my Kindle Fire for at least three years now. It was the very first game I downloaded on my kindle and I have to say it was very intriguing at first. Until two weeks later I realised that there is no possible way for you to lose. You ALWAYS win. I would give this game four stars if that wasn't the fact. However, if you don't like a little challenge in your life, then I recommend for you to get th is game. Other than that, don't get the game because you will be utterly disappointed. I am very disappointed in Ea for coming out with such a game like this. We teens like a little challenge in our games.
on March 2, 2013
I bought this game for my kids to play on there Kindle. I had played the PC version which has very good graphics and tells more of a story. This version is a little more slimmed down but is still pretty good. The kids enjoy it and you cannot beat the price.