Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 89 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 93 reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 10, 2013
Really, what can you say about a carbon filter? It's the part of your air purifier that takes the smells out of the air, used in conjunction with a HEPA filter to get rid of the small particles of bad things in the air.

One thing I want to point out is more of a comment on the air purifiers instead of the filters themselves. It seems that the Fellowes system relies on a simple timer to tell you when to replace your filters. I found this out after resetting the sensor and leaving the old carbon filter in and not getting a return of the "change your filter" message. So in order not to throw away a perfectly good, functioning filter use a little common sense. If you're in an area that has a lot of cooking smells or perhaps a smoker in the house you will need to replace this filter sooner than someone who is in a pretty clean air area.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 18, 2013
There is really no need for a detailed review on an extremely simple item such as this.

If you are the owner of a Fellowes Quiet Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter (AP-300PH), then this filter is something that you must purchase at regular intervals (approximately once every 3-4 months) to keep your air purifier functioning properly.

Having purchased two of the aforementioned Fellowes air purifiers here on Amazon.com in early 2013 (see my review), I am just now coming around to replacing this particular filter for the second time on each of my units. In my case these filters have lasted about 3 months on average.

They certainly accomplish the task that they were designed to do. This clearly can be seen when replacing these carbon prefilters which are invariably coated with a thick layer of gray dust and other filth after 24/7 use over a period of several months.

After the usually green carbon filter indicator light on the display turns red, replacing the filter itself is a breeze: The front plastic cover on the air purifier snaps off very easily and after inserting a new filter all that still needs to be done is to hit the reset button before replacing the plastic cover - a quick and simple procedure and you're good to go for another 3-4 months.

I also should mention that once when ordering these replacement carbon filters I did not receive the original Fellowes filters, but somewhat less expensive non-OEM equivalents from BulkFilter - a seller here on Amazon.com - which performed comparably well at a savings of about $2.00 to $3.00 per filter. Personally, I did notice that the original Fellowes filters did fit better; those from BulkFilter required a bit of trimming with scissors to get them to fit properly in the air purifier.

I have not yet had occasion to replace the main HEPA filter on these air purifiers, but am expecting to do so for the first time in February/March 2014.

I will provide an update if there are any problems.
Overall:
if you have the CF 300 air purifier and you know you'll inevitably have to change the carbon filter. This replacement is a direct fit in from the manufacturer. It was pretty simple to put in, you just pull the old one out and this one goes right in its place. I got about five months out of the filter but I believe the light will go on every three months. It is really a personal choice if you choose to change this filter every three months, mine really wasn't that dirty and I think it's just another way for the company to make money. Nevertheless, the carbon filter is great for removing orders and other contaminants that might be in your air.
on January 30, 2016
AMASING! There was a nearby wildfire so I ordered these filters, cut them to the size that I needed, put them in and there was no more smoke smell and my mother with bad asthma that had to wear a mask outside, but her asthma dident act up at all when she was at my place.
The air was so bad that when I went to go bike to my parents place I had to buy glasses at the dollar store to keep ash out of my eyes and have my shirt covering my mouth, and when I was done my jeans smelled like campfire.
on June 10, 2015
Pros:
1. This piece of carbon is relatively thick at ~.5 inches. As a result, it is structurally sound and won't bend when put in the air purifier.
2. It removes paint odors from your room.
3. It catches large dust particles so it gives your HEPA filter longer life
4. Its carbon particles don't flake off when you handle it

Cons:
Value: It'd be great if you can buy this for cheaper because there's a pack of 3 filters for only 2x the price on amazon
on January 11, 2016
I love my Fellowes air cleaners - we have two of them that run 24/7/365 without a hitch. The carbon filters remove smells from the air and are critical to blocking dust from getting to the hepa filter.

I don't replace these every month - maybe every 6. I mainly use them to block dust from the HEPA filter, so I'll vacuum these carbon filters to remove dust buildup (think air conditioner filter type buildup).
VINE VOICEon April 14, 2012
When one buys an air purifier one must be prepared to buy replacement filters as needed. According to the instructions I'll need to replace the charcoal filter after about three months. As of now the original charcoal filter is still in place and seems to be doing the job. The installation of the original was simple and straightforward so I anticipate no problem with this replacement when it is needed.

I have been generally pleased with the AP 300PH Air Purifier by Fellowes; we use it every night in our bedroom to stir up the breeze. We had been using a regular fan but it stirred up the dust as well and left me frequently congested in the mornings. The dust allergy problem seems to have been solved by this air purifier.
on February 25, 2013
I love the air purifier, so naturally I had to purchase replacement filters. The unit in question requires 2 different filters. This is easy to change, lasts (in my home) for months. Not outrageously expensive either. That's about all I can really say. If you don't have the Fellows air purifier you have no reason to purchase this, and if you do have one then you have no choice but to purchase this. There may be cheaper knock-off filters out there for the Fellows air purifier, but in my experience you really need the manufacturers brand in order for the machine to operate correctly as intended.
on June 16, 2016
This filter is about half the thickness of the OEM one it replaced in my Winix system. May as well spend the extra money and buy the real deal or purchase the bulk ones and cut them yourself.
on January 21, 2013
i bought the AP-300PH air filter and need to replace this carbon filter on it. When i bought the unit i had read that it has a time notice on it, so the carbon filter light goes on every 6 months or so ... NOT when it gets too dirty. so i figured i could drag a few more months in. i'm glad i didn't, when i pulled the old filter off it looked disgustingly dirty with a bunch of dust bunnies.
The replacement for the AP-300PH couldn't be easier and i'm glad it works so well.