Customer Reviews: Convenience Concepts Designs2Go TV Stand with 3 Cabinets for Flat Panel TV's Up to 50-Inch or 85-Pounds, Dark Espresso
Amazon Vehicles 4-month subscription Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Presto! Laundry Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon fin fin fin  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle Oasis hhnsweeps Shop Cycling on Amazon

on June 26, 2011
The picture for this product on is misleading. It seems that the doors for the left right and center compartments at the bottom of the stand would be wood and glass, but its plastic and looks ugly. The wood quality is not good either. Compared to the mainstays corrugated wood stands, this one is a low quality wood, that chips off from the edges. The door for the center drawer draws up and slides inside on two slots, however the piece I received was defective and the slots were on the rear side instead of the front of the stand and I could not assemble it. The assembly instructions are vague, and it took me a lot of time to understand which piece goes where. Instead of having cam nuts, they have wooden chips that must be glued to into the various holes provided. I assembled the product half way through, and it took me around 2 hours to get there and finally found out that the slots were in the wrong direction. The thickness of the TV stand is not as much, so if you are planning to place the TV and a sound bar, speakers or a gaming console camera on it this is not the right product. Overall, the product lacks quality, elegance and finishing. I returned this product and bought a Mainstays TV Stand ([...]) for $79 which is just $12 dollars more than this TV stand but is very good in terms of elegance, space, assembly instructions and dimensions. I would not recommend this TV stand to anyone. Please do not buy the product.
22 comments| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 15, 2015
I took a chance and I felt like the quality is in the build and the materials so I would build it great from the materials provided. The material quality held up to the apparent bomb blast it survived and the delivery, but once together had dents, digs, scratches and a small chip or two. By no means is this top shelf material and I broke a pillar when I was twisting it together. On the quality scale of one to five this would be a three! I like the style, height design, but looks black and NOT the "Dark Espresso" that I purchased. I did find that lots of adjustments were required for a good fitted assembly, seat the locks firmly onto the screws and some patience. TV stand will be adequate for my use, looks over great and has unique styling. I believe this will last some years with care, normal use as designed and overall feel confident in this product purchase. I would recommend!
review image review image review image review image
on August 31, 2013
I am going to tell you a little bit about the product, as well as address some of the reviews, which had me hesitant when I purchased this.

This looks:
This looks very nice and eye pleasing. I want functionality, but I would not have purchased this if it was not eye pleasing, considering it is in open view and I get to look at it all the time. (Similarly I will not purchase something that does not work)

The Construction:
This is largely made of laminated OSB wood. Most furniture is made of this stuff, unless it is high end. It is not bad, and you probably own furniture made of this already.
The 5 posts that you see on the picture that hold the top board where the TV would sit on, to the bottom portion are made of plastic. they look metal, but they are plastic. I am NOT afraid that these will not hold. They are pretty solid. Again, they are rated for 85 lbs, so just make sure you are within the limits and you will be fine.
The 2 doors on the sides are made of plastic. While I think glass would have been better, this is not a problem for me. Besides, you do not have to install them if you do not want to. you can leave them out, and it looks just as good. In fact I am debating of taking them off. My only problem with them is that they drag when opening and closing, and this should not be happening. Taking off one star for this

The Assembly:
Alright, there are a lot of reviews bashing this because they could not assemble it or had a lot of trouble doing so. I do not think it was all that hard. While the manual is not one of the best ones out there, I was able to figure everything out pretty fast. It took me about 30 minutes from the time of receiving this, to watching my TV on it. Now this does require some basic skill, but not a lot. You will also need a screw driver and a hammer, which I think everyone should have. But basically, if you can use screw driver, and can hammer nails, you will be able to assemble this.

This product is good for the price. I have no real complaints. There are areas where it can be improved on, for example it can be made of real and solid wood, it can use metal or other materials instead of plastic, and the doors could be glass. If these are improved though, the price will be higher too. So for the price I am very happy with what I got.

I recommend this.
on April 23, 2014
This is a good, sturdy product. I put it together by myself with little-to-no problem. Instructions read like ikea. If you can put together something from ikea than this will be a cake walk. I have a 55 inch plasma screen sitting on it.
on August 6, 2012
- feels very solid and sturdy
- straightforward assembly (took about 50 minutes)
- cheaper than most comparable stands

- tacky plastic doors
- center door loose and wobbly
- particleboard damages easily (mine arrived with a chip on one side but I decided it wasn't worth trying to repack it)

I chose this one over the $16 cheaper "Convenience Concepts 151202 TV Stand with 3 Cabinets for Flat Panel TV's up to 50-Inch or 85-Pound, Black" because the doors looked like wood in the photos and I assumed that accounted for the higher price. Turns out they both have plastic doors. I guess the only difference is that this one has an enclosed center shelf. (The door on that one hangs kind of loose and the pegs tend to fall out so it's not the best either.) I decided to leave the plastic doors off entirely and it looks fine, but you could do that just as easily I'm sure with the cheaper one. If you want enclosed shelves, look elsewhere. The plastic is pretty tacky and weird.

UPDATE (4/30/13): I bought a second one of these for my boyfriend, and it was a nightmare to assemble. Some of the camlocks refused to stay tight and one side of the middle shelf would not fit fully onto the supports. Some of the dowel holes were too small and the finish got chipped around them. Screws were so easy to strip they might as well have been made of butter. It still feels study once assembled because there are multiple points of support and connection, but my opinion of the construction quality is significantly decreased. I would say it is only worth $40-50.
on March 22, 2013
I am not proficient at putting things like this together. I rely on the instructions. The instructions would have been great if they hadn't started out with the first piece backwards. According to the instructions (the picture) they have you put together the bottom piece with the drawers backwards. This has made it so my doors do not go on properly. I have shown this to several people just to see if it was just me (I didn't want to give a bad review because I was a moron). It isn't just me. If I had more experience I probably would have figured this out quickly. It because evident as you continue, but with the glue I was not able to take it apart.
on October 31, 2015
The package arrived on time, as promised, which is always a good thing. It's was fairly easy to put together, and looks great when finished. Couldn't give it a five star due to cheap quality materials. Be careful when tightening screws because I actually put a screw right through a part of the shelves by accident. The plastic doors look nice, but are very flimsy and cheap.
I bought this for the tv in my "man cave" but would not recommend it for a formal living room due to it's quality of construction. I knew off the bat that you get what ya pay for, but it does look nice.
on January 29, 2014
I knew (especially after reading the reviews) that I would be getting a product in the middle of the TV stand spectrum; you should realize that for the price you're paying. I knew the doors were cheap plastic, and that doesn't bother me. Yeah, glass or wood would be nice, but honestly, I think the doors look great. You can't really tell that they're cheap until you open them, so they're not an eyesore. It also helps keep the stand very light. I was surprised at how lightweight this thing was after I built it.

I had no trouble putting this together at all. It was a breeze to do, although I skipped gluing the wood pegs in because that seemed excessive. And again, it was easy to move and get set up just right, even with all of my electronics piled on it.

My BIGGEST COMPLAINT with the whole thing is absolutely horrendous middle door. It's a wood panel that slides up, but the way they have you install it is just haphazard and incredibly lazy. It's a sliding door with no sliding mechanism -- you just use cheap metal pegs to give it the "sliding" ability. My pegs didn't even fit in the holes properly, and they fell out whenever I moved the stand. And then, without the pegs, the "door" just swings. I ended up just taking the door off completely and I think it looks 110% better that way.

Bottom line: It's a very decent middle-ground TV stand. It's sturdy, lightweight, better than what I had, and does exactly what I wanted it to do (albeit, after I removed the middle door). I'd recommend it.
on December 9, 2015
Thought this would be tall enough my son couldn't reach the tv screen but my fault should have read the dimensions better. Otherwise, excellent quality wood. Plastic cabinets are okay with me but wood would be better. Meets all my needs.
on April 14, 2016
I liked it for the price. Has a dent and couple of small scratches. I would be very upset if I bought this for more than 50. Other than that feels very solid. If you tighten the screws enough it will definitely hold very well. I even sat on it for a while which is not recommended though -- only upto 80lbs. I sure weigh more than that :)
review image