Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 622 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 682 reviews
on November 25, 2014
This has to be the worst litter box I have used. Whoever designed this thing clearly doesn't have cats. I bought this box because of the high sides. I have a cat that can get a bit disoriented in the box resulting in their deposits spilling over the edge, so I thought this box was perfect.

The high sides have worked to contain all the deposits which is good, however, that's where my joy ends. I figured the high sides would somehow attach or have some sort of clip that keeps them firmly in place. No such luck. They just hold in place by gravity. They have an edge in the middle of each long side that's meant to hold it to the box, but they don't hold and thus are completely ineffective. It's only a matter of time before the cat entering or exiting the box via the high road will displace the sides.

The big problem with the box is the bottom and front panel. It's not flat! There's about an inch of a lowered section all around the edges and with the front having an indented panel, it makes scooping impossible. It's really annoying. I imagine they added the indentions for better stability but the result is a box that is literally impossible to fully scoop out. I suppose if your cat pees only in the middle of the box and never digs to the bottom, then this box might work. But do yourself a favor and pass on this one. It's a real bummer too, as I've had positive experiences with other IRIS products.

I wondered why IRIS didn't include any pictures of the inside of the box on the amazon listing, now I know why.
review image
33 comments| 119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 18, 2012
I have 2 medium sized young cats (9 & 11 lbs). Purchased this to help prevent litter getting 'thrown' out of the box by one of the cats that likes to make a big ordeal about burying the feces from the other cat (we have 3 litter boxes throughout the house). Going to replace one of them with this - seems good so far. Other reviews mention that cats urinating in the front corners of the box make it difficult to clean - this is true because of an indentation in the molded plastic. For a simple solution, just turn the box around as the back doesn't have an indentation! The 'high sided' top will fit either way. I'm happy with it for the cost, but I hope it lasts a few years as the plastic the base is made out of seems pretty thin. Another plus is that it's made in the USA, not China!
11 comment| 138 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2013
This is my fifth one I have purchased. They are great for my nine cats and are so much better than the low sided boxes sold at most pet stores. Yes you read that right, nine cats. I do rescue work and do TNR as a hobby for my local SPCA. You still need to have a litter mat in the front which can be purchased at Walmart for a few dollars. The only thing I don't like about these boxes are that one side is not a perfect rectangle. That is why I only gave it four stars out of five. There are small creases in each corner that you can see if you look closely at the picture. They make it hard to get all of the dirty litter out sometimes. But other than that, they rock. My cats can dig to China and not get much litter out of it at all. The price was great too. Most high sided boxes at Petsmart or PETCO were much more expensive and not nearly as good. SPAY AND NEUTER YOUR PETS !
33 comments| 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 17, 2013
This litterbox is pretty nice. It's tall sided, easy to access and easy to clean. The design of the top feels a bit flimsy and gives in if your cat bumps it too rough, and can cause some problems that way.

But if you're like me and shopping for a litterbox for a cat that stands up to pee, this is not the box for you. My cat happens to be just tall enough that she pees right into the division between the top and bottom halves of the box. This causes a leak that makes a pretty nasty mess to clean up. I didn't know this would be an issue when I purchased this box, but it's turned out to be a problem now.

This is a great litterbox otherwise, and the issue isn't with the box, but the cat. Keep that in mind if you're shopping for a cat that does their business standing.
44 comments| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 13, 2016
We had the issue of our cat kicking up the litter and onto the floor. This litter box is great and "high wall" to prevent litter from spilling or getting kicked out.
The box is great and large for our medium small sized cat. The high walls are removable to be cleaned if needed.
Great box and highly recommended.
review image review image review image
on September 21, 2015
After a couple of weeks of use, I've already disposed of this litter pan. The top and bottom do not seal. My cats like to use the edges when going, so urine seeps through the gap onto the floor. Plus, the decorative indent in the front bottom creates narrow corners inside so you cannot scoop without breaking up clumps. Overall, this was a very disappointing purchase. The only good part about it was the economical price.

If you have a cat that does not use the sides for going, you'd be well served with this pan. The high rims would contain most kicking so you'd be good there. The gap was the dealbreaker for me, but may be ok for others, so I wouldn't totally discount this item for EVERYONE, just those who go on the sides.
on August 18, 2016
My cats seem to like this litter box a lot, because they use it more than the bigger one I have. I got this box because I wanted my cats to have a litter box that was NOT covered on the top yet had the high walls to prevent too much litter being kicked back in. I've had cats all my life, at one point I had 4 cats at home while I fed/trapped/neutered/spayed 4 other cats where I work. So, you can say I know a lot about cats & I know a good litter box when I see one. This litter box is a good size for cats that are under 15lbs, if they're bigger it might be a bit tight for them but at least there is no ceiling on the litter box which I think helps the cats feel safe (some cats hate enclosed boxes because they feel trapped in them which they would be if an aggressive or just playful cat waits outside).

This is, btw, 1 of 3 litter boxes I have for my cats, I do think they'd be fine with one but I wouldn't be. I like that they have this one in my hall closet and it is next to my litter genie (I have 2 of those as well). I have minimal cleaning up with this box but I also face it to a wall and have a rug underneath it so if/when litter is kicked out, it is contained.

I also really like the price of this box and that it's easy to clean. I haven't experienced any leakage between the open top and the bottom pan but my cats (my final 2 right now) are very neat and tidy (yes, they give true meaning to the name Tidy cats - which is the litter I use as well).

Overall, this litter box gives you bang for your buck, is a nice medium size and is fairly decent looking.
review image review image review image
on July 27, 2016
I recently found a kitten at work she was a tiny little thing so when I brought her home I grabbed an old dish pan to use as a litter box. We made a family decision to keep the little kitten now that she is actually old enough to be put up for adoption. Along with this decision came the responsibility of getting her all the things she will need as she grows. Right away we knew our first purchase would be a upgraded litter box. I stopped by my local pet store and stood there in awe as I looked and compared the different litter boxes and their pricing. All I wanted was something simple, something that wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg. I seen no need for a self scooping box or even one that sprayed air freshener after the cat exited the box. I wanted simple and functional at a great price. I walked out and headed straight home to Amazon where I knew I would find exactly what I wanted and within my budget.
The cost of this litter box was the best I seen both on and off line. This by far was the best priced box. I was at first looking for something fully enclosed but I knew it was not all that necessary. I was also certain that if not enclosed it had to have some tall walls as my cat throws litter EVERYWHERE! Coming across this box was perfect. It had the high outer shell so the litter would stay in and was just perfect at the entrance so the kitten can easily get inside. It arrived quickly (2day prime shipping) set up was a snap and my kitten took right to it. Even though I moved her entire area into another room. Gives her plenty of room to turn around and scratch as needed while doing her duties. I am very sensitive to cats so i expect to replace this box about every 6-9 months and will be returning to this one. Would recommend this product to all my friends and family with cats.
on July 4, 2015
This is an edited version of my earlier review of this product. In addition to the issue I raised in it, I'm also finding that it is awkward to clean the litter with the top on but the constant removal of the top in a tight space has caused it to split - i.e., the top isn't sturdy enough for the rough treatment the bottom can handle. I bought 2 of these and the top on one has already broken.
***************
I was in a rush when I ordered this (had a cat with giardia so I had to disinfect the whole house. And I replaced litter pans.) So I didn't get a chance to read other peoples reviews (which I normally would do) before purchasing.When I read them after submitting my review, it was amazing how many raised the same complaint!

Whatever pet stores may claim, fact is indoor cats generally prefer uncovered litter pans. So when I had to replace all my litter pans at once, I tried several including what looked like a promising compromise between my cats’ preferences for an open box and mine – not to have litter spew all over the floor. In fact, this pan does exactly that. Save for the opening for the entry, this box holds the litter in pretty well.
Problem is, I keep wondering “What were they thinking???” when they designed the bottom part of the pan. Why would they design a bottom with a shallow trough running around the inside and two small indentations at the corners in front? Perhaps they tested it with other kinds of litter than I use. But mine (Precious Cat), while it controls the odor really well, is a sandy texture. Wet sections get caught in the trough and corner sections making cleaning much harder.
I really hope they redesign this since the removable top piece is great.
on July 18, 2014
WORST. LITTER PAN. EVER!!! Base pan too low, pee gets in between the crack. The bottom of the pan is not even, clumps cannot be scooped in one piece. Been cleaning this box more than scooping the litter. If you have average size cat/s this one is too small. I have 3 domestic short hair, and it's been a nightmare. Followed the idea of another frustrated customer and bought a storage box for $9 at the Dollar store: Simple, no gimmicks, and best litter box ever!! LOL