Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win PCB for Musical Instruments $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Show Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 18, 2012
I have 2 medium sized young cats (9 & 11 lbs). Purchased this to help prevent litter getting 'thrown' out of the box by one of the cats that likes to make a big ordeal about burying the feces from the other cat (we have 3 litter boxes throughout the house). Going to replace one of them with this - seems good so far. Other reviews mention that cats urinating in the front corners of the box make it difficult to clean - this is true because of an indentation in the molded plastic. For a simple solution, just turn the box around as the back doesn't have an indentation! The 'high sided' top will fit either way. I'm happy with it for the cost, but I hope it lasts a few years as the plastic the base is made out of seems pretty thin. Another plus is that it's made in the USA, not China!
11 comment| 139 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 25, 2014
This has to be the worst litter box I have used. Whoever designed this thing clearly doesn't have cats. I bought this box because of the high sides. I have a cat that can get a bit disoriented in the box resulting in their deposits spilling over the edge, so I thought this box was perfect.

The high sides have worked to contain all the deposits which is good, however, that's where my joy ends. I figured the high sides would somehow attach or have some sort of clip that keeps them firmly in place. No such luck. They just hold in place by gravity. They have an edge in the middle of each long side that's meant to hold it to the box, but they don't hold and thus are completely ineffective. It's only a matter of time before the cat entering or exiting the box via the high road will displace the sides.

The big problem with the box is the bottom and front panel. It's not flat! There's about an inch of a lowered section all around the edges and with the front having an indented panel, it makes scooping impossible. It's really annoying. I imagine they added the indentions for better stability but the result is a box that is literally impossible to fully scoop out. I suppose if your cat pees only in the middle of the box and never digs to the bottom, then this box might work. But do yourself a favor and pass on this one. It's a real bummer too, as I've had positive experiences with other IRIS products.

I wondered why IRIS didn't include any pictures of the inside of the box on the amazon listing, now I know why.
review image
33 comments| 122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 13, 2016
We had the issue of our cat kicking up the litter and onto the floor. This litter box is great and "high wall" to prevent litter from spilling or getting kicked out.
The box is great and large for our medium small sized cat. The high walls are removable to be cleaned if needed.
Great box and highly recommended.
review imagereview imagereview image
on September 21, 2015
After a couple of weeks of use, I've already disposed of this litter pan. The top and bottom do not seal. My cats like to use the edges when going, so urine seeps through the gap onto the floor. Plus, the decorative indent in the front bottom creates narrow corners inside so you cannot scoop without breaking up clumps. Overall, this was a very disappointing purchase. The only good part about it was the economical price.

If you have a cat that does not use the sides for going, you'd be well served with this pan. The high rims would contain most kicking so you'd be good there. The gap was the dealbreaker for me, but may be ok for others, so I wouldn't totally discount this item for EVERYONE, just those who go on the sides.
on August 18, 2016
My cats seem to like this litter box a lot, because they use it more than the bigger one I have. I got this box because I wanted my cats to have a litter box that was NOT covered on the top yet had the high walls to prevent too much litter being kicked back in. I've had cats all my life, at one point I had 4 cats at home while I fed/trapped/neutered/spayed 4 other cats where I work. So, you can say I know a lot about cats & I know a good litter box when I see one. This litter box is a good size for cats that are under 15lbs, if they're bigger it might be a bit tight for them but at least there is no ceiling on the litter box which I think helps the cats feel safe (some cats hate enclosed boxes because they feel trapped in them which they would be if an aggressive or just playful cat waits outside).

This is, btw, 1 of 3 litter boxes I have for my cats, I do think they'd be fine with one but I wouldn't be. I like that they have this one in my hall closet and it is next to my litter genie (I have 2 of those as well). I have minimal cleaning up with this box but I also face it to a wall and have a rug underneath it so if/when litter is kicked out, it is contained.

I also really like the price of this box and that it's easy to clean. I haven't experienced any leakage between the open top and the bottom pan but my cats (my final 2 right now) are very neat and tidy (yes, they give true meaning to the name Tidy cats - which is the litter I use as well).

Overall, this litter box gives you bang for your buck, is a nice medium size and is fairly decent looking.
review imagereview imagereview image
on July 18, 2014
WORST. LITTER PAN. EVER!!! Base pan too low, pee gets in between the crack. The bottom of the pan is not even, clumps cannot be scooped in one piece. Been cleaning this box more than scooping the litter. If you have average size cat/s this one is too small. I have 3 domestic short hair, and it's been a nightmare. Followed the idea of another frustrated customer and bought a storage box for $9 at the Dollar store: Simple, no gimmicks, and best litter box ever!! LOL
on November 2, 2014
Went back to the old litter box. Unlike other reviews, the lid fit perfectly, it looked great and kitten seemed to not mind new shielded box...he didnt spill any litter out anymore and tracked less. I was happy! I decided to use it for a month, before i write anything about it. In about a week, i realized its so much harder to clean! Before i bought it, I've read the reviews about bottom not being flat and pee accumulate in the corners and along the walls at the bottom, but didnt think that would be a problem ( I thought to myself "what a bunch of whiners! Just clean the box better or get smaller scoop!") Well, it is a problem! As the matter of fact this is the reason i refuse to use this litter box. The bottom of it is uneven. The litter box is square with middle elevated just so, the back of litter box is also indented, which creates small "pockets" on the back. It takes time to unlock the lid and scrape the bottom, its very hard to get into the space along the walls and corners at the bottom even though i have a small scoop! After a week litter turned to stone in the corners and smelled. On top of that, somehow, my kitten seemed to be aiming for the corners the most...every few days i had to unlock the lid, put on cloves and scoop the clumped stone hard litter out of the wall indents and corners. Later i decided i'd rather vacuum more, than go through this time consuming cleaning operation. Big thumbs down to manufacturers for the design. It would make so much difference if bottom was more round and floor flat. A few days ago I gave it away to my in-law, who (after hearing the troubles i had with it) layed a layer of CONCRETE on the litter box bottom to make it flat.
on January 30, 2016
This litter box looked really good on Amazon, and it has a lot of high ratings. But when I received it, the first thing I noticed was that there was a crack in the clear plastic of the upper half, the "shield." Ok, not great, but still usable. What I realized after I poured the litter into the box and the cats started using it, was that this litter box has all kinds of unnecessary recessed areas that make it extremely difficult to clean. (The good news, if there is any, is that my cats really seem to love the box itself. They use it a lot.) If you use a hard clumping litter, then the liquid will form a solid mass at the bottom of the box, and you'll have a terrible time removing the clumps. It seems odd that whoever was smart enough to come up with the idea of a two-part box with a translucent open top and a cut-out front (all good things: my cats love open boxes much more than the hooded ones) didn't know that a litter box needs to have a smooth bottom and no weird recessed areas. (Preferably, a rounded interior so there are fewer corners that you have to dig out.) So now I'll be replacing this one with something less attractive but more practical.
on June 9, 2016
I have 2 cats. One is a real digger, and there is always litter everywhere! We have 3 boxes. We decided to buy one of these to try it. For the low price of 9 bucks and change we figured if we didn't like it we would just donate it to the local shelter. Well, the shelter is out of luck! This litter box is fabulous. It is comparable to those ridiculously expensive ones. I never could understand how a company could charge so much for a piece of plastic!
I saw some negative reviews claiming the top would not stay on because it just sits on the bottom. Listen, one of our cats weighs close to 17lbs and he has yet to knock the top off of any of them. Oh, that's right, I forgot to say, we purchased 2 more of these. So, what we would normally pay for one box, we got 3!
Do yourself a favor, if you are looking for a litterbox, don't waste your hard earned money on an expensive piece of plastic..........just buy this one! You will be so happy you did!
on November 9, 2016
I honestly love this litter box, and actually bought a second to replace a smaller one that got grown out of. One of our cats likes to dig and fling litter everywhere, and this box seems to stop that from happening. I haven't had any issues with pee leaking through between the shield and the box itself like some other reviewers have, but it seems like my cats sit or squat to do their business. The top is easy to remove for scooping the box out and if I wanted to leave the top on to scoop it wouldn't be in the way. I will agree that the divots around the sides are kind of annoying, but it's really not that big a deal for us.

Overall, I like this box a lot and own 2 of them. The two halves come apart for easy cleaning/scooping. The price is right.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.