Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on December 30, 2011
Having owned a Kindle Fire for only a couple days, and not having had a smart phone, this is my first experience with the infamous "app games." Of course I tried Angry Birds, but I'll be honest--I thought it was kinda boring. I dislike the whole "move and then watch" aspect. Then I found this game--WOW!! It's super fast-paced, and it's very challenging.

The gist of the game is that you slice fruit with finger swipes, but you have to avoid bombs. There are two different game styles you can play, and they're both fun.

My only disappointment with the game is that there isn't more to it. Really, the game is all about getting better so you can best your previous scores, but there isn't a whole lot of "moving on to the next level." That's one thing where Angry Birds has it beat...

All in all--definitely a 5-star game!
2 people found this helpful
on January 20, 2012
A ton of variety and superb gameplay make this sharper than the original. The new desperado mode which is basically survival plays out more fun, fast, and addictive than original. Bandito the official new mode is really excels at keeping things fun. It's like a campaign that changes everytime you play because of a lot of new plus random slicing games at various difficulties getting harder as you go but not too hard beat in 10 minutes if you do well. It's meant to be played over and over again which they succeeded in. There are cool new unique blades and new backgrounds to unlock.

The only problem with the game whatsoever is not having to ability to. see achievements you unlock. I don't see how they missed this. Maybe they only had gamecenter in mind on ios and forgot. It doesn't stop the game from being a new favorite and I wasn't even a huge fan of the first though it was good.

Bottomline get it and have a blast in short spurts. Runs perfect on EVO 3D no lag. I was going to give a 4* rating because of achievements but it's a 5 in every other area so I gave it what it deserves for game itself.
One person found this helpful
on December 29, 2011
I played this game and it is OK but Fruit Ninja is not my favorite game. I get bored with it too fast and I don't find it to be great fun after the first few minutes. For whatever reason I like to play physics games and games with a mental challenge. Just whacking fruit can only go so far. That being said, the game played fine and I didn't have any problems on the Kindle Fire. The graphics were OK and some of the challenges were interesting to try.

I wasn't crazy about the link to the movie sight or to the being led to the Halfbrick site to see their other games for sale.

I gave it four stars because it was ok and ran fine. The music was good and the voices added to the Puss in Boots theme. Just because it is not my style of game that I am interested in doesn't make it a bad game.
One person found this helpful
on December 27, 2011
I know this game is fun (have reg version) and they said may not work with some Samsung phones (thanks for the warning.. yes I read the descriptions :) ), though I was hoping the Captivate with Froyo would be an exception. Oh well, I got it and secured for future updates or a new phone :) 3 stars since the original works just fine on my phone and I know it's a quality game, 4 stars if they can update and get it to work like the original.

Please take this review for what it is. This rating it what I consider for a "good" game, not to be scaled with other reviews. If you have a Samsung and figure it won't work, you may as well dl and just delete so you have it for later.

Update: Upgraded to Gingerbread (official) and the game now works on my Captivate. Still fun as I remember it but just gets boring after a while. Good solid game that I would like to rate 3.5 out of 5. Upgrading my prev review from 3 to 4 though.
on June 6, 2013
Puts my phone battery to the test every day as my daughter can't stop playing this and the original fruit ninja!
9 people found this helpful
VINE VOICEon April 25, 2014
Remember when Kindle Fire (Generation 1) was launched? Jeff Bezos was seen to play Fruit Ninja to showcase the capabilities of that then superior fast graphics of that time :) This Fruit Ninja: Puss in Boots (Made by the same developer Halfbrick Studios) variant of the same game is awesome fun to play on older and newer generation tablets.

Slice em all and watch out for the bombs :0 Pure family fun just make sure your child's fingers are clean before you give your tablet for them to play otherwise there will be ZORRO marks all over your screen :)

Five stars!
on March 24, 2013
Never played Fruit Ninja before of any kind. Saw this for free on App Store and thought I'd give it a try. I was addicted for a long time that night. However, as fun as it is, my hand hurts after playing it for just an hour or so and it does end up getting boring after a while.
7 people found this helpful
on December 27, 2011
It's a cute game and I'm sure I'll spend some quality time with it, but it has one bug and one programing choice that make it hard to play. The first is that if you hit the home button to leave the game instead of the back button, the music does not stop. This is irritating and can cause you problems if you are playing somewhere you shouldn't be and need to quickly leave the game. The second problem is that the programmers did not choose to enable the permission to turn on the phone screen while the game is playing. Thus, if your screen lit time is very short, you will be fighting the game to keep the screen alive. It's not such a big deal while slicing, but it is a hassle while in menus.
VINE VOICEon January 4, 2012
While this is pretty much Fruit Ninja plus, with the voice of Puss In Boots, it is a lot of fun and offers new activities to the typical Fruit Ninja game. I love the Bandito Mode, which is a completely different take on standard Fruit Ninja. In this mode you get three lives to work your way through several levels of very specific fruit slashing tasks. Some of them are easy, while others are quite difficult. I've never completely slashed up the massive passion fruit! There are also different backdrops from the movie and slashing objects that you can acquire, which makes gameplay even more fun. Highly recommended!
on January 2, 2012
This game is truly awesome. It is just like normal Fruit Ninja but for Puss in Boots and Shrek fans. It features commentary for Puss, himself and instead of Classic, Zen and Arcade modes it has Desperado (A combination of Classic and Arcade) and Bandito which is my favorite. It features three Acts (each with four levels) and a finale Act. This app also has many different blades- Original, Cat Claw, Iron Shackle, A Deck of Cards (Royal Flush), A Golden Blade and many more. It also has four different backgrounds- San Ricardo, The Cat Cantina, Giant's Castle, and Treasure Room. Overall this is a great app and can kill time easily.
I hope this helps you make an important decision!