Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 12, 2012
I wish very much I hadn't actually spent money on this. if you have an extreme amount of patience and don't mind restarting the game at least 100 times, then go for it. the inventory disappears, the hint button goes away after about the 3rd chapter, and it is an extremely short story, after you get over all of the glitches. id love.my money back, this game wwas awful.
48 helpful votes
49 helpful votes
VINE VOICEon October 12, 2012
I really looked forward to this one, given the spooky-sounding story and coming up on Halloween. The execution, the workings, of the game really kill it, though; in fact, it's one of the more annoying and frustrating games I've ever played.

To start, it's difficult, even impossible, to know what to do in this game. The hint button is almost always useless. and the interface doesn't necessarily work the way I expected. For instance, in most games you touch the bottom of the screen to go back, but here the touch is usually to one side or the other, and it isn't necessarily consistent.

Worst of all, in my opinion, is the lack of help on where to go and what to do when I'm "stuck," and I really didn't want to do a walkthrough. Much to my dismay, I ended up abandoning this one at some middle point.

Not very recommended, I'm afraid.
on May 15, 2012
I enjoyed the first level of this game, then it stopped working on both of my tablets. I have a Toshiba Thrive, which it ran fairly well on until I tried to play the second level. Now it forces close every single time. I also tried to play it on a vizio Vtab, which it does not run well on. They are both running Honeycomb. The Vizio has an 8" screen in 4:3 and the game screen cuts off the sides making navigation shoddy. The menu button is off screen, since the gameseems to be optimized for widescreens. Also, the pinch and zoom sometimes works and sometimes rapidly zooms in and out making you exit the room to reset it. Very annoying! Vizio=unplayable. I loaded it onto the thrive and thought all was well. After the first level, it never loaded anything else. It would start the cut scene (story) then freeze, crash, force close and send me to my home screen. When it did work, for level one of the game, the load times were fairly long. So much that at one point, I thought it was frozen. I set the tablet down and 3-4 minutes later the next screen had loaded. I realized it's a new release, and bugs will need worked out, but Big Fish should be proficient at this by now, and for $3, it's not the cheapest of the game apps available. I feel I wasted my money for a game that was listed as compatible with BOTH of my devices. As it stands, it runs on neither.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on May 15, 2012
This game had a lot going for it: the atmosphere and art are really good, and the storyline is fascinating.

But I was incredibly disappointed. The game is glitchy; inventory items disappear, images in your camera and your in-game place marker/PDA-thing delete themselves, and monologue lines activate at inappropriate times. Screens load slowly and it's hard to tell if the game is working or frozen.

To top it off, puzzles are awkward and sometimes obtuse. I found myself using the skip button not because I didn't know the correct answer to a puzzle, but because the mechanics were frustratingly random (there's one point where you have to solve a riddle, then change numbers on a display. But when I'd change one number, another would flip and I after 10 minutes I was unable to get all the numbers to stay at the right digits. The frustration just wasn't worth it, so I skipped it).

This is the most expensive point-and-click puzzle game I've purchased on Amazon thus far, and it has also been the biggest waste of money. I'd love to see an update to this app that addresses the technical issues, because it could be a really enjoyable game with some fixes. But as it stands, it's not worth the money.
on February 26, 2016
Normally I love games like this but this one has a lot of bugs. No audio, freezes, and at one point my hint button just disappeared. It needs direction arrows on which direction you can go it took me a minute to figure out the white patches ment you can explore that area.Most games like this are five dollars and this one was only two so I guess you get what you pay for.
on August 31, 2012
I ignored the bad reviews because I really enjoy these kind of games. Great challenge and makes you use your brain. I did not have any problems at all with this app. I did not lose any inventory. Since I enjoy these kind of games and ho games I make sure my kindle is always updated, only one of these kind of games installed on my kindle fire at a time, and I keep most of my other apps in my cloud except the ones I use daily. I have not had a problem with any of these games or my kindle freezing up. I love big fish games they have always been my favorite on my Pc and so glad I can play them on my kindle. And now I'm noticing that you are able to zoom in.
on May 8, 2012
this is not a hidden object game its more like grisly manor etc. this is also much more challenging than the other games on amazon like lost city...to date. i had this one side loaded before it hit amazon and was really far in the game but deleted and purchased to support. it seems like its really long but not sure. dont hesitate its like a big kids version for people with brains. dont burn me at the stake if there are glitches or you get stuck..the 5 star rating is for game content. havent had any glitches so far. i think there is another one coming out called serpent of iris that is supposed to be good as well so u might hold off on azada etc for that...
on February 21, 2013
I apologize for the review I gave the Crystal Portal. It was supposed to be for The Witch's Prison. I enjoyed this game but it would stall often when hitting the "next" button on the typed dialog. I also had a problem with opening the inventory. It is located right at the bottom and is small. I would open my Kindle bar instead of the inventory. Also, when I did manage to push it, it would not open. Otherwise, I liked the challenge and length of the game.
3 helpful votes
on June 19, 2012
i
This is by far the best game of its kind even with the minor glitches. Loved the creepy story and mood of the game. Also loved that puzzles were actually challenging and no pointless hidden objects. Worked fine on Kindle except one game stuck after solving so hit skip and inventory not working properly in one chapter but going back to main menu then back into game fixes the issue when you need to access items. Also had no hints but liked the challenge; you can easily get the walkthrough online if you get stuck. Only regret not purchasing sooner due to bad reviews. Someone please make more games like this!
on June 22, 2012
I am really disapionted in Amazon for selling such a flawed product. How hard would it be for their staff, who recommend thesse games for sale, to actually try them even if it is for a short time. If they had put in even 20 minutes they would have run in to the the bugs that are the concerns listed in so many of the reviews. Shame on Amazon. That being said, the game even with the annoyances is worth the 1.49 that I paid. The story is good and the puzzles are fun. I play the game to relax and I will play until I need a restart then pick it up again later. If you can pick this game up for under 2.00 then I would suggest it will be worth your time.
Thanks for your attention