Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$11.99

Showing 1-10 of 788 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 930 reviews
on April 10, 2017
I love Justin Halperns books, they always have me laughing out loud. His father is a real character - would love to meet him. But underneath it all, he gives very good, common sense advice. This is a great book to read at night so you go to sleep in a happy, peaceful mood. Can't wait to see what he comes up with next If you are offended by cursing, though, take a pass, haha. Otherwise full speed ahead and don't be eating or drinking anything while you are reading this laugh out loud hilarious book.
on March 8, 2016
This book got my attention at a local bookstore. I started reading it and, before I knew it, I had already gone through the first 10 pages or so in a few minutes, I was instantly hooked! I ended up not buying it that day, so I ordered it weeks later. The humor is pretty good, I can't say I've read many comedy books, but this one really made me laugh. Not only is it funny but it is also well written and I found it great how the author's dad is really funny in his way of thinking, saying and doing stuff, but Justin is also a great writer, his own descriptions and remarks of situations are very funny too. There are also some slightly profound passages here and there, which are great, but it has a steady humor rhythm nonetheless. A great casual read, no doubt. I haven't read the other book by Justin Halpern, but I'm definitely considering it.
on May 10, 2014
It is an amusing book carrying the "S*** my Dad Says" legacy (I haven't read it, but I will definitely take a look at it). It is the biography of the author's sex and love life up until a crucial moment of his life (which you should have guessed what it is). His dad is ever present in the first chapters of the book, covering the author's formative years and less present as the book proceeds to the final chapters (which makes sense). In all honesty, it is dad's presence that makes the book take flight. However, Justin Halpern does a good job of taking it from there and presenting his life story in an entertaining way, with aspects of which some of us (males) might more or less relate.

The book is an easy and quick read, allowing for a few good laughs in between. I would recommend it for dad's wisdom, possible identification with the author and an overall fun read which keeps you interested along the way.
on September 19, 2016
As the author became famous from his father's crazy sayings on Twitter, I was disappointed to find out this novel is more of the same, despite the book's title. Many of the author's tales seem unbelievable and/or possibly contrived. There was not one moment in the book that is overtly funny, unless you enjoy seeing punchlines a mile away. The good news? It's short and easy to read in a day or two, so you can quickly move on to something new...like a book of poems!
on November 14, 2012
Halpern is a good writer, but it is his father who is the heart and soul of his first book. In this one, his dad is out on the fringe, and while Halpern has had a life of his own, his anecdotes are pretty average. Again, however, he does write well so they are mildly interesting. But make no mistake, it is his dad. I was doubled up by the first book, literally weeping at his father's comments and stories. With two sons of my own, they really hit home. But this book, some chuckles and chortles but none of the pants-wetting moments from the first.
on February 21, 2015
I loved this book. Great stories that are well written. And for those of us who were less than popular in our younger years and who also sucked at girls(or boys, or whomever), we can relate to that feeling of loneliness confusion and fear. And his dad makes appearances throughout giving advise that is hilarious, honest, and true. I wish I had someone in my life to give me that no-nonsense, straight-to-the-point type of perspective when I was growing up.

But just like in his first book, Sh#t My Dad Says (which is awesome), besides the funny stories I also took from the book the idea that a lot of us think of ourselves as weird or different and that we're alone. In reality, there are a lot of people who feel the same way, and go through similar situations.

This book is funny, open, easy to read, and at times brutally honest. I applaud Justin for writing it, and his father for contributing to it. Thank you gentlemen, and carry on....
on January 25, 2013
I enjoyed reading this and it was really funny. There are a lot of laugh out loud pages. It is a quick read that you can polish off in an evening. The only thing preventing me from giving this 5 stars is the premise. I beleive that the situations and conversations described actually happened, but recounting exact conversations and phrasing from years ago stikes me as a bit hard to believe. It is just a little too perfect and that was what I couldn't get out of my head as I was reading. If you can accept that the underlying stories are probably true but also probably significantly embellished, you will really like the book.
on January 15, 2013
I really enjoyed this book. The little stories Justin Halpern tells to outline his terrible history with women are entertaining and sometimes fall on the floor hilarious. This is a great follow up to his first book S*** My Dad Says. I love the straight forward and yet, confusing answers his father provided him as he grew up dealing with girls.

The only thing I wished would have been in this book was the quotes at the end of each chapter. In his first book after every chapter there were four or five quotes from his Dad relating to what the chapter was about. I looked forward to these because they were some of the funniest parts of the book. Still, even with those missing this was a really fun read. Do keep in mind that this is written from a man's perspective. This means that some of the jokes might be childish and crude. My wife read this and liked it but she didn't find it as funny as I did. There were things I could relate to when he talked about his neurotic fears about girls and women that made these situations funnier for me. I was not very good with girls early on either and a lot of his insecurities I shared so there was that connection for me that made this more enjoyable. I am still shocked that my wonderful wife married me.

This was a very fast easy read for me and fit perfectly into what I wanted to read right now. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a lighthearted fun read. It is very funny, but not as good as his first book. Still a solid 4 star book and I am glad I read it. It he ever writes another book I am sure I will read that one as well. I do like his writing style and reading about what his dad has to say on different matters.
on June 25, 2014
This is a quick read, but alas a very fun one. I found myself chuckling for most of the book, nodding all the time, and laughing out loud more than my wife would have liked.

I felt as if he read my mind sometimes, as if he was living parts of my own life. We all have a little bit of everything, and he portraits very well the parts of my relationships that seemed odd at the time, and seem even more odd now.

How did he survive the dating scene? I don't quite grasp it. I'm sure Justin's Dad agrees with me on this one.

When you have a few hours of down time, as in an airplane, bus, train or just a peaceful afternoon, do yourself a favor and read this book. It will make you laugh, it will make you sad, it will make you think, it will make you remember.

I enjoyed it thoroughly, and as in other reads, I didn't like that ended too fast.

Thanks Justin :D
on January 22, 2013
Justin Halpern's true-life account of his attempts at wooing the ladies is laced with humor and heartbreak. A quasi-follow-up to the bestselling S*** MY DAD SAYS, Halpern's story of his path to lasting romance is a quick, relatable read for both sexes. You don't have to be a dude to appreciate the awkward fumbling of a teen asking his/her crush to the prom -- and the terrible expectations that follow.

As you'd expect, though, Halpern's caustic father totally steals the show. Sam Halpern manages to be both profane and profound, and his wisdom about Justin's endlessly stunted love life is laugh-out-loud hilarious. Seriously, how could a man who cusses so constantly and effectively still be viewed as a modern-day philosopher? I'm honestly not sure, but Sam knows his stuff. And since he's such a straight shooter (with his son and, um, everyone), you can't help but respect the guy.

Anyone who has chuckled over the author's popular Twitter feed will appreciate Halpern's tales of growing up in San Diego, gallivanting through Ibiza, trying to impress Hooters waitresses and generally attempting to be cool. He succeeds. Halpern is sweet and endearing, and I was glad to know he finally got a (real) happy ending.

If you're into humorous memoirs (me! me!), you can't help but fall for Halpern in I SUCK AT GIRLS. He's our modern Everydude -- a quick and talented writer who could be your brother, boyfriend or son.