Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Darice 14-Inch by 8.5-Inch by 1.875-Inch Adjustable Organizer with 4 Removable Sections
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon November 7, 2014
Is this the most perfect case in the world? No. But for the price this is going to get 5 stars. Let me give you a rundown on the pros and cons of the box so you can make an informed decision for yourself on if this is right for you. Let's start with the bad news first and I'll be very specific, it may seem like I'm really being ruthless for having given this 5 stars, but as I said the pricing on this is what drove my 5 star rating, and it's minor imperfections to me are outweighed by that.

CONS:
Lid doesn't close cleanly on my box. I had to wiggle it and manipulate it to get it to close over the bottom lip. So each time I go to close it, it will be the same wiggle and jiggle thing to get it to close. Takes a few extra seconds. Not a big deal to me.

You have to build your own space dividers. This could also be considered a PRO though. Dividers sometimes do not go in cleanly and you really have to force them in to get them to go.

I store buttons in my box. I did notice some of my flatter smaller buttons managed to "sneak" into adjacent bin compartments on some of the less snug fitting compartments. For me this isn't too a big deal, but for truly OCD people this could be a nightmare.

PROS:
Price is a huge pro for me on this box. The sizing is nice and large and the pricing when I bought was low.

As I said there are dividers that you set yourself... this could be a pro or a con depending on how you see it. This can make up to 24 individual spaces.

Lid that locks. This is a nice feature however because the dividers won't prevent small things like beads from migrating to other sections I would not turn this bin upside down or on it's side so I don't know that a lock will matter for me. But for some people storing larger items this will be a big plus.

I like the fact that this is see through plastic so you can see what's in this at a glance.

Update 8/29/15 - Still loving the box. Has held up well.
on November 21, 2013
This fits my daughter's Rainbow Loom set perfectly. Out of the box, it has four empty rows and you have to use the included 20 dividers to segment the rows into compartments. You can potentially create 46 compartments, but with only 20 dividers, you're limited to up to 24 compartments. The walls of the four initial rows are fixed so you can't remove them to create columns that span multiple rows. The far three rows can be divided into 12 compartments each. The near row can only be divided into 10 compartments because the indents of the two latches takes up two compartment spaces each.

I have no idea yet if more dividers can be separately bought. The slots for the dividers do have sharp edges so there is potential for the scratching of fingers but this is easily remedied with a few swipes from a nail filer or sand paper.

The smallest compartment can be made 1-1/16" wide and all rows have the same 2-1/16" height (the compartments next to the latches have a height of 1-10/16"). The depth is 1-1-/16" but the bottoms are slightly curved (to make it easier to slide small items out) so some height is lost at the far and near sides. The lid does fit snugly and the lip around the edge prevents anything from falling out. The plastic is flexible so the lid seal over each compartment may not be seamless. This means that very small or flat items (tiny beads, needles) can potentially move between compartments (via the compartment top or the divider bottom) if you hold the box sideways and shake it.

The dividers are initially attached to each other in sets and need to be cut apart before use. I've read about people using similar products complaining that the dividers are very hard to cut. Perhaps with scissors but not a problem with a sharp blade.
1. Flex back and forth each divider along the connecting piece as if you're trying to snap it off from the connector piece. If you're lucky, it may actually snap off but usually, it just makes the joint turn white. This process stretches and thins out the connecting plastic and makes it easier to cut.
2. Hold the divider perpendicular to the table and use a very sharp blade (I used an exacto knife with a new blade) to cut the divider from the connecting piece. Don't stab with the point of the blade and don't simply chop down either. Cut it like a loaf of bread where you push forward to slide the blade edge along the plastic while gently applying some downward pressure. It should cut rather easily, especially if your blade is new. If there is a lot of resistance, repeat step 1.
3. After all the dividers are cut, examine each divider and use the knife to trim off any remaining plastic from the sides. This will make it much easier to slide them into the slots and make it much MUCH easier to slide them back out.

Says it's made in the USA.
on January 27, 2015
The dividers come all connected, so you have to cut it up. I used Exacto knife to cut off the pieces and for some I had to file it to get a smooth line. I didn't do that with one, and it got stuck! But, everything fits in really tightly. I also like the rounded edges. It is pretty deep (almost 2 inches), but I don't mind it at all. I am using this to store Lego EV3 pieces and it is perfect!
on April 8, 2013
was actually really hard to assemble all of the stupid little plastic dividers, and then after I set mine up like pictured in the image, I couldn't get the damned thing closed. I ended up taking out some of the plastic dividers to make it work and now it's working pretty ok but I really would not want to order another or assemble it again.
on March 25, 2013
This was exactly what I was looking for to organize my sewing stuff. I first bought two, and they were so handy that I ordered two for my thread. The size is good, and they stack nicely on my shelf. I also like the latches - a solid click tells me it's closed. The only downside are the little plastic compartment separators. You have to cut them apart, and if you don't cut the plastic off evenly, they won't easily slide in to make sections. They also don't form a good seal at the bottom, which would be a problem if you want to store small beads or something like needles that aren't attached to anything else.
on February 22, 2016
Good quality item. Came in plastic wrap so there are no scratches. I was able to select the spacers I wanted o use which is nice because I bought it for nail polishes. My main complaint is how the dividers are packaged.

There are 24 dividers that come with each box but they are connected in groups of 6 by plastic. Is it really hard to cut the plastic off in a way that the divider will go not the slot within the container. I found I had to cut the main chunk of the plastic then re cut 2-3 times in order t remove the slivers of lactic that block it from going in.

My second complaint with the product is that when you put the dividers in a straight line horizontally is adds enough length to the container that it is hard to close-you then need to push the side in to snap own the lip.
review image review image
on January 5, 2015
I ordered it in the last week of December and got it in the first week of Jan, quite earlier than the estimate given. I am using it to organize my jewelry, and this works great because of the different compartment sizes I can customize it in. For bigger jewelry pieces I left the partition undivided. My safety pins, hairpins, earrings, anklet, bracelet, neckpieces all are organized according to colors in Darice, and gone are the days when I would be spending extra time hunting for matching pieces! if you are a junk jewelry lover, you 'll understand how these pieces get entangled if not kept properly.
Pros- One could customize the space as needed unlike the fixed space kind of organizers. Also, it is not flimsy and loosely arranged organizer unlike a few I saw at some budget shops.
Cons- The dividers are a bit tricky to cut. I wish they could come pre-cut so as to avoid customers the pain of cutting them. This is why I took off one star. Though once dividers are arranged, they firmly hold on to the place without loosely dangling around, which is what I prefer.
Overall, a decent buy. I would recommend Darice. I am planning to buy another one to keep medicine in it. I wish Darice made these in space saving sizes and different colors as well.
on December 26, 2014
This was very difficult to assemble. The dividers, which would seem to be no problem to have a machine slice clean into little stacks, are instead connected together and must be cut apart with scissors, no easy task. But the worst part is if you leave even the tiniest sliver on the piece when you cut it apart, it doesn't slide cleanly into the grooves of the guides, and is basically a nightmare to assemble. Very frustrating experience, would not buy again.
on October 18, 2013
this was a great purchase. we bought it for rainbow loom elastics. each compartment holds almost 300 elastics. its perfect!
on February 1, 2016
The box is large, and the idea of being able to make compartments of different sizes is a good one. However, the compartment dividers are connected with one another on strips. They must be cut apart. This leaves the edges of the dividers not completely smooth or even, and they don't fit into the grooves intended for them easily or well. Therefore, gaps occur at the base of the dividers which allow items to migrate from one compartment to another. I would not purchase again because of this.