Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 118 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 127 reviews
on December 22, 2013
I have been a long-time subscriber to INSTYLE's print subscription. When I purchased the first Fire, INSTYLE offered their digital version at no additional cost. I prefer print to digital because a magazine never goes to waste in our house. However I really enjoyed being able to browse through the digital version when out and about. I applaud INSTYLE for not charging extra for accessing both versions for the same price. I have dropped 4 of my paper subscriptions because they charge double to access the digital versions. I use my paper subscriptions for serious study but enjoy browsing through the digital versions for gaining an overview of the magazine's best features and glean creative design ideas, while using the paper version in my work area to experiment and perfect my learning techniques.

I have had no difficulty with any versions which I initially loaded on my first gen Fire. When it died from charging issues, I had been using the app for quite some time and really enjoyed it, so I downloaded it onto the Kindle FireHdx

I suggest offering both editions for the same price and people may choose either version or both.
on January 21, 2012
Don't waste your time downloading this app. It doesn't work properly most of the time. You have to download each of the issues separately and it takes a while for them to download. After you have finally got the issue to download it then has to go through an "Installing" process before you can open it. I have gone through this cycle five times now so I can read the February issue and it has not successfully made it through the install part yet, so I am still not able to open the issue. It says it is 100% complete, but it is frozen so I can't open it. It just keeps repeating the install process. So frustrating!!!!! I have now waisted 20 minutes of my time just trying to be able to read the current issue. I will be deleting this app so I don't waste any more of my time...
on May 22, 2013
I was able to get the app to load on My Kindle Fire HD but was unable to download the magazine. I was really looking forward to reading my free sample. maybe i will try again another time. I even tried to get it to download when i got home but i kept getting an error message.

*************UPDATE**************
finally able to get this one to load also and enjoying my 30 day free trial........ YAY!!!!!!!!!
on September 14, 2012
I recently got the InStyle app to ponder a subscription of the magazine. I downloaded it a few days ago and when I did I PURCHASED the most recent edition of the magazine. While it does take a while to download (which I expected) it looked great. I returned today to do a little reading in the magazine and....POOF....the InStyle app and my magazine are GONE! The app is free but I paid money for that magazine to have it taken away for some reason?? What a load of garbage! If I buy something I expect it to be there. When I come to the site today the app is suddenly "unavailable." Doesn't cut it in my book. 1-star until something is fixed with the app.
on April 4, 2012
It took about 12mins for it to be downloaded and installed on my Fire when I did it last night. Kind of long, and it force closed about 3 times. Other than that I love that I have my favorite magazine at my fingertips without having to lug it around. I agree with other people though, we should be able to click on items we like and be brought to the website to see/purchase instead of only being able to click on the actual ads that are in between articles. A bookmarking feature and a way to share on Facebook or other social media sites would be ideal as well. For the most part, it serves its purpose, which is for me to read my mag on my commute to and from work. It would be nice to have the option to save paper and space and not get the print version as well, but I guess one step at a time.

Update**
Okay, the force closing is more than annoying now. When you leave to do something else and go back you should get back to the last page you were on. Instead, it force closes then you end up back to square one and have to look for the page you were on. Which of course leads to the fact that there should be bookmarks.
on February 15, 2013
I love love this magazine. However there is a certain way to go through it electronically which leaves me wondering if I saw it all. It might just be me but flipping from one end of a hard copy ensures one has seen everything and you know where to go back to to 're-read something later. I by no means will be going back to hard copies but some definite improvements would be appreciated: make the magazine like the real one where we literally flip with visually bendable pages as you turn that is page by page matching the hard copy.
on May 11, 2013
I LOVE THIS MAGAZINE! However, I'm going to have to stick to the 10 pound book. Trying to do to much with this app instead of just keeping it short and simple has led to it dys(non) functional usability. I'd strongly suggest taking it off the market. Magazines do not download properly. The logic behind navigating through the magazine is too complex. The goal is to enjoy the experience of what each month has to offer, yet InStyle has clearly missed the mark. Do not purchase.
on August 11, 2017
The moment you download this to your kindle it creates problems for your device and will eventually cause it to not work.
on September 30, 2012
InStyle magazine is wonderful! Great ideas and tips on fashion, makeup and all things to keep you uptodate with with the rest of the fashion world. This is a fun thing in your day..
on November 7, 2012
this app is like most other magazine apps. they are free for those who already subscribe. I wanted to subscribe to this magazine for a long time but was too scared because of the bad reviews. So I just bought one issue and have had no problems. It downloaded in seconds and it brought me back to the page I was reading when I returned. I also love the features I get with my Kindle Fire.
I am going to subscribe so I will come back to re-edit my review if I have problems in the future.