Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 3,176 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,257 reviews
on December 30, 2011
First, I was pleasantly surprised you don't need a subscription. Second, this app has just about everything you'd find in the paper version. The navigation of sections is very simple, pictures are sharp, and the articles are easy to read as it's all optimized for the Fire. Scrolling through articles within a section is as simple as turning a page in a book.
0Comment| 1,533 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 30, 2016
95% of the news is either sports or outdated by weeks. I have used this app for years but will be removing it from my Kindle Fire.
on December 28, 2016
About 2 weeks ago I started getting Sports stories in the News section. The Sports and Life sections are showing stories that were originally posted 12 and 14 days ago. I tried Kindle/Amazon Mayday for support and help and they could resolve the problem and directed me to USA Today for assistance. Can you help you?

Crabsimon
on December 19, 2016
What happened to the news!!! Out of 15 articles 13 are sports! Nothing about electoral college vote, murder in Turkey, attack in Berlin ! It has been this way for a couple of weeks!!!
11 comment| 124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 26, 2016
Has gone from my favorite app for the last few years to THE APP THAT IS GOING TO BE DELETED soon. HATE the new format where 90% of the top stories are sports related. It used to be my Go To source for current news -- now it is GARBAGE. Don't waste your time on this "News" app. Like all good things, someone got greedy and stupid and sent this down the toilet...
on December 29, 2016
Used app for years, but recently deleted because 90% or more of "news" stories are sports related

Since no useful news is provided here I reluctantly switched to CNN app.
on December 28, 2011
I have nothing but good things to say about this app. Wonderfully formatted, userfriendly, and free. I highly recommend it.
0Comment| 797 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 21, 2016
I agree. Where is the "News Top Stories" ?! If we want Sports, we go to the Sports section. Get back to the normal version, as this one is horrible. I'm now reading the Reuters and WRAL news Apps which have much more in-depth news stories. So disgusted w USA Today's new News format ! Come on ...get it together, "journalists"!
on December 27, 2011
The app is beautiful and well designed. It takes full advantage of the Fire's bigger screen and shows what's possible when a developer decides to make something special for the Fire. I hope apps like these are a preview of what's to come; an app designed specifically for smaller tablets.
0Comment| 750 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 15, 2015
Was a great app. Now all I get is the message "Sorry, there was an unexpected error in retrieving data. This should be temporary, so please try again later." I've been trying again for days. Have rebooted, deleted and reinstalled. Still all I get is this error.
UPDATE : Took a week or so, but they fixed it. Now it's back to being a very good app. Took off one star for taking so long to notice the feedback from all the reviewers.