Customer Reviews: Weather+
Amazon Vehicles 4-month subscription Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Presto! Laundry Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon GoodGirlsRevolt GoodGirlsRevolt GoodGirlsRevolt  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

on March 19, 2012
This is a very pretty app, I will give them that. It has lots of lovely animations for each different type of weather. But the app has so many flaws and there are other weather apps available that are much better.

The app cannot find your location automatically, you have to type it in manually. This could be rather annoying if you travel a lot.

It can't display the current conditions, only a forecast? That's a pretty huge omission as well.

While the description talks about widgets, there are no actual home screen widgets to be found.

46.6 Megabyte download? That's a lot of space for something that doesn't do that much.

The app doesn't indicate the source of their forecast data, but I find it rather dubious. Every other source I've checked (Accuweather, the Weather Channel, Intellicast, Foreca, Weather Underground, and the NWS) shows the weather for today will be stormy, but this app is forecasting partly cloudy?

I'd recommend a former FAotD, Elecont's excellent, if unfortunately named, Weather, USA Radar, Alerts, Quake, Barometer over this app.
22 comments| 322 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 17, 2012
The first install was buggy and would not add locations correctly. Regarding functionality, I found The Weather Channel and eWeather HD to be my favorite weather products.
11 comment| 149 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2012
This app.looked like a great 1 then when I downloaded it it wouldn't let you change the city or state for the correct weather.Horrible app.then when I emailed customer service about this app I got no response!!I wouldn't reccomend it
on December 22, 2012
I love weather apps. This one disappointed me. I uninstalled it because I knew I'd never use it. The data is so basic. Nothing special. I could not find a weather map, although the description said there was one. If you want a great weather app, just buy Weather Bug or Weather Bug Elite. I am quite well served by those.
on March 4, 2016
Pros & Cons:

4 different widgets, including a gorgeous ICS Clock/Weather widget!
4 day forecasts!
Simple, elegant and easy to use!
Battery friendly!

Lacks skins.
Limited to 4 day forecasts.
Nice images but no animations…

Weatherlove is a peaceful and handy little weather app that doesn’t offer the world, but does offer simplicity and ease-of-use. Beautiful Widgets is a fine and highly customisable service. Our recent showdown article between the awesome 1Weather and BeWeather demonstrated highly functional and popular apps that wow users with their design and features. Right now, Weatherlove isn’t even at the same party. However, that is perhaps why I quite like it.

Weatherlove is incredibly simple but looks really good. It offers detailed still images indicating the weather, some truly awesome widgets and just enough of a forecast to arm you for bad weather without the need to know the chance of precipitation or wind-speed expected in 10 days time. It does exactly what most users need it to do; look good and tell you the weather.

There are 4 different widgets to choose from: 2×1 weather, 4×1 forecast, 4×2 clock and weather and 4×4 large weather and forecast. I especially liked the clock as it’s designed with Ice Cream Sandwich in mind and looks both elegant and futuristic. These widgets can compliment any homescreen page and won’t drain your battery (in my experience anyway).

You get some basic settings, but don’t expect the universe just yet, it is only beta. You can obviously set location and update interval, time format and temperature unit used. These are essentially the main and fundamental things required in a weather/clock app but they are easy to configure. Compared to Beautiful Widgets- which gives you more options than you might need- this is breeze to set up.

And that’s why I like it so much and think you might too. It’s not ‘the best‘ but for people who want something that looks good and provides the functionality they need- no more and no less- this is just perfect. It’s only in beta stage at the moment so the app is free. There will be a Pro version released at some point according to the app’s blurb so I would expect more features when it’s fully released. Until then, enjoy this pretty but perfectly functional app for free.
on July 26, 2016
This app seemed interesting so I decided to give it a try. I downloaded this app for free when it was the free app of the day a while back on the Amazon App store. I used it several times and it worked well as advertised at the time. I tried it out for a while but just didn’t find myself getting very engaged in it. Not too say it was a bad app, it just wasn’t for me. As far as the app itself goes it seemed to be made well, worked as advertised, and ran well on my phone. At the time I had a Galaxy Note 1 and it worked well on that. After a few weeks I found myself uninstalling the App from my phone as it just didn’t appeal to me anymore and I lost interest in it. I tend to lose interest in things really quickly if they aren’t really engaging and this just wasn’t holding my interest. This is just my opinion though and your opinion may vary. It can be hard to judge with apps sometimes what will grab someone’s attention and keep them going back to it. I would say give it a try if you’re into this type of App and think it looks interesting. Go ahead and give it a shot. You’ve really got nothing to lose right. After all, if you don’t like it all you have to do is uninstall.

I hope this was helpful. If so, please consider clicking the "yes" button below.
Thank You!
on December 2, 2012
Honestly ... I just spent ten minutes trying to figure out how to add my location. I found the icon ... typed my location ... and it won't save it. What a POS!!! Please don't be fooled by the pretty graphics. This app fails to do the basic stuff. Read the other reviews, and use your money for another app that works.
on December 5, 2012
I cannot get the app to add any new cities and it does not even give me the proper information on LA, the default city. I am only out the $.49 but it is not even worth that or the time trying to work with it and removing it.
on December 5, 2012
This app is lousy. First off, there is no reason for it to be so large. Next, I'd like to point out that I cannot even add a location. Every time I go to the location screen and enter a city, there is no way to confirm it and add the location. Maybe it will get better over time, but I doubt it. The only positive thing about this asp is that it looks pretty good wick does nothing for you IF YOU CAN'T ADD A LOCATION!!!

UNINSTALLED, I'll check it again in another 6 months.
on December 13, 2012
App arrived coded for Los Angeles, CA. I made several attempts to re program for my area and was unable to get it to work. cannot reccomend, thank goodness only out 49 cfents.