Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Color: White|Style: Mesh Roof|Change

Showing 1-10 of 4,819 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,118 reviews
on January 22, 2015
Our Maltese weighs in at about 12 pounds - he's something of a bruiser. We occasionally need to leave him at home for short periods of time and Sam has separation anxiety - he scratches doors and door mouldings if we leave him loose. We got one of these 4 panel pens instead of locking him up in a crate and thought we'd found the perfect solution, but after a few times left in the pen Sam learned how to push on the corner causing the pen to change from a square to a slim diamond shape. Twice he got pinned in the diamond and once he succeeded in tipping it over and crawling out from underneath. We then had to block the pen in with some fairly heavy items so he couldn't move it and form the diamond shape. I've read other reviews here complaining of the same issue. To me, the pen's convenience is lost when one has to place heavy items around it so that a rambunctious pup can't foil it. The manufacturer should make corner brackets of some kind to prevent the folding of the pen by the pup but it appears they don't and I couldn't find brackets that would fit easily.
I have, however, found a solution that I'll pass along here. The items used are inexpensive, OK looking and easily produced by anyone with a little DIY experience. I decided to try adding two flat bars criss-crossed at the top of the pen and held in place by the "Pins" used to join the walls. I used some flat vinyl screen moulding from Home Depot that is 3/4" wide and 8' long. Description is "1/4 x 3/4 x8 PVC 6578 White". With the pen squared up using a measuring tape the pins are approximately 48 3/4" apart diagonally. You'll need two 8' pieces of this moulding as the overall length of each one will be about 50" long. With the 50" pieces cut and 1/2" holes drilled 48 3/4" apart at each end, you're ready to remove the corner "pins" from the pen one at a time and mount the crossmember pieces at the top. The photos attached will show this simple operation.
The pen is now rigid and Sam can't fold it into the diamond shape. He can still push the pen around on a smooth floor but I'm ok with that - we have no stairs or anything. If I want to keep him in one spot, I can just put the pen on a carpet and he's unable to move it much.
If you have the "diamond" problem, try this quick fix. It'll do until the manufacturer addresses the problem with some proper removable corner brackets. The pen is wonderful otherwise.
review image review image review image review image
2323 comments| 1,010 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 5, 2013
I love how easy this playpen is to put together and it looks nice, HOWEVER, my little 1lb yorkie puppy climbs out of this thing like a monkey. She can easily use the little squares to climb up it like a ladder putting each paw in each square, she then falls out once she's on top. I can no longer keep her in there unattended and ordered the mesh roof. Hopefully this will help.
review image
2424 comments| 868 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 23, 2015
This is one of the best things I ever bought!! I have it with the e-z Whelp pads which is another very good purchase and the Puppy Go Here Dog Litter Pan. My daughter says that Onyx has his own little condo set up in the house. He goes and comes when ever he feels like it except for night when i have the gate secured. He sleeps till the 6 or 7 in the morning when its time to put the food and water down back in and he is happy as a clam. Onyx is a 3lb maltipoo he may gain another lb or 2 before its all over but for my dog this is just perfect!!!!.

Got it on Friday March 21 (3days ago) and so far no issues yet. No knocking over or trying to climb out. At first I had the puppy pad holder in the pen which I didn't like because after folding the pad to fit the holder, there was hardly any room for him to use on the pad. Then I just put the pad down with the top and left side blue edges of the pad secured by the iris pen. The pen is heavy enough to hold the pad down and keep him form pulling it out. If i had a girl dog I might have just stayed with that but since males are prone to raise their leg at a certain age I got the litter pan. Now everything is right in puppy land!!!
review image review image review image review image review image review image
66 comments| 345 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2014
We bought 2 and combined it into one to give our puppy extra room to walk. Although one would be fine for a small Pomeranian, but since we leave him in his crib most of the day so we wanted him to move around. Easy to assemble and transport!
review image
11 comment| 305 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2016
I ordered this for my 8 week old English springer spaniel pup. I didn't want to pay an arm and a leg for a play pen. I just needed something easy to put her in when we leave the house while she is unsupervised. I was skeptical when I read that many of the dogs figured how to climb out. My pup is pretty rambunctious and quick to figure out things. Well as I suspected, she ended up climbing out on the 2nd day... but I was prepared. Easy fix, cardboard, zip ties, and a blanket cover, and the problem is fixed. The play pen was super easy to set up, can't go wrong with the price. Just improvise with the lid if your puppy figures out how to climb out, not a deal breaker. I also love the gray pen. A product that gets the job done for a good price.
review image review image review image
on November 2, 2014
So far good fit our situation and the quality is great.
review image review image
66 comments| 130 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 9, 2014
Great quality and spacious for my small shih tzu.
review image
11 comment| 106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2015
review image
55 comments| 187 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2016
i bought this for my bunnies and absolutely love it. i think a lot of people are buying it thinking it's going to be the equivalent of another wall. it's a sturdy nylon mesh with durable velcro straps (my bunnies haven't managed to break through a single velcro strip despite their chewing). it's works well and keeps them in the pen. one of my bunnies has taken to trying to bust through the top and it has withstood that as well. if you're looking for something to hold a determined dog i think you'll find that using mesh and velcro is just wishful thinking unless the pup is well trained. this product worked out perfectly for me but if you're looking to make your pen fort knox i would suggest another product.
on July 28, 2015
This product is a good idea but my little 9lb chihuahua dachshund mix puppy climbed out within minutes and yes I used the mesh cover. All my dog did is poke his head until the Velcro came loose and he popped out. The unit itself is easy to put together and you can move it around easy, but once you are forced to get the mesh top then its hard to constantly take it off the top and move it. I should of listened to negative reviews here and not made the purchase. Just get a cage if you need one, not this product for a dog that is super sneaky and smart and committed to jump out. Look at pictures of where the holes are in this product. I want my money back asap!
review image review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.