Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

• Gift
  • Customer Reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$7.99

Showing 1-10 of 13 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 59 reviews
on May 30, 2012
I was surfing on my Kindle for something to read and chose this one because of the title, synopsis and reasonable price. I enjoy paranormal mysteries, but didn't realize this was written for young readers. It reminded me of the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson with youthful slang, some degree of angst/mistrust with adults, and cutting classes. As for the story line, it's a typical formulaic plot of a young high school student who has an amazing gift that she had to learn to keep under tight mental control so as not to draw attention to herself; something she learned to do after being kicked out of other schools. Her BBF is loyal and supportive until the woo-woo stuff starts to affect her life, causing her to resist getting involved further in the problem of what they believe is caused by a ghost. Then there is young love with an older wannabe rock star senior classman. It did have some twists that were enjoyable. I give this one 4/5 stars because its target audience is the young reader and I think most young readers would enjoy this one. Older readers who are young at heart and enjoy this type of genre can too. Just be aware of what it is.
on October 10, 2013
I don't recall ever having difficulty in know which character is speaking in a book. In this story, all three main characters speak in first person, and the characters speaking shift frequently in the story, most of the time with no clue as to which character is interacting with the first speaker.
I would rate the story one star higher if it were not for this lack of delineation of characters.

Update: Now that I'm at 30% through, it's getting easier to know who is talking....
on September 25, 2014
This is a great book for preteens,teens and young at heart readers. The premise of the book is fully believable. The book itself is well written and easy to follow. Bravo for Ms Buchanan!
on August 28, 2012
Fast, well paced, and kept me turning the pages. The ghost/supernatural story line is what made me grab this book. Past lives, dreams, serial killers, and a girl that can harness electricity made for a great plot. I did want to know more about the origins of her power, how she came to be this way. As a former teacher I did take issue with a part of the the story where a teacher helps a student in a way I don't think would have, could have, or should have happened in real life. All that aside, a great read.
on August 14, 2014
It's ok, but it's not my type and I don't think it was worth the money.I love books but that wasn't even in my top 50.I hope u don't waste your money on this book.
on February 11, 2014
Andrea Buchanan has a couple of great on the go short stories. I definitely recommend them for a road trip or while waiting in the emergency room. This one in particular was a fun read.
on October 28, 2013
It has multiple exciting twists that will keep you on the edge of your seat. It also includes the Kevin's song lyrics, Vivi's interpretation of the story through comics, and Danielle's secret diary.
on August 31, 2015
Challenge to stay interested in the story and characteres. It was ok.
on June 13, 2012
In the literary world of young adult books, most are filled with stories completely focused on love triangles. While this had an element of young love to it, tje supernatural story line was enthralling, and a nice change of pace. I enjoyed it.
on August 7, 2015