Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 3CERA Portable Windproof Waterproof Survival Lighter Matches Storm Emergency Camping
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

on July 30, 2013
At 1st I did not realize you have to lightly scrape away the top coat of the match before striking.
Once I figured this out, these matches lit right up. They do not burn like regular paper or even wood
matches. They burn like concentrated and thick fuse material. They put me in mind of fireworks material.
They burn very hot. Hotter then the fire on the tip of a regular match it seems.
I think that is why they would work in damp conditions. I would also keep a ziploc full of
cotton balls coated with Vaseline / petroleum Jelly in my survival gear. They lite quick
with match / lighter or ferro rod and will burn in the rain for more then a few minutes.
That aspect will be exceedingly helpful in lighting damp tinder.
Also start collecting dryer lint. It lights super easy with a ferro rod. I also have added
a magnifying glass to my bag as it is quite easy to make a fire if it is sunny with a magnifying glass.
44 comments| 191 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 14, 2013
These matches are both impervious to water and any attempt to ignite them. I bought these as an emergency fire solution to keep permanently in my mountaineering pack.

Before heading out, I tried to light them at home. The abrasive strip on the outside of the pack is little more than a piece of black construction paper. I could not get a match lit on it no matter what I did. This included carefully removing the wax from the tips of the sticks to get down to the combustible material.

I WAS able to get them to light with a torch lighter...but that kind of defeats the purpose.

I'm guessing that there are many different suppliers of these. Mine did not come from Amazon directly, but rather a 3rd party seller. I think you'll be playing roulette if you decide to order them. Also note that only one of the positive ratings on this item actually mentioned trying to use the matches.

I'm going to stick with a magnesium starter for now on as my back-up.
22 comments| 132 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 13, 2014
So, the price was right and I wanted to give these a try. Here's what I found: Very cheap product. Case is not waterproof. Striker is ineffective. Matches burn too rapidly (less than 15 seconds) to use effectively. Don't bet on these in a survival situation. I'm not sure I would even depend on these to light my BBQ grill effectively.

This products ships from China and arrives via US Mail. I can't say for sure, but I think the seller may be skirting export laws by classifying waterproof matches as electronics from customs perspective. Seemed strange to me. Product did arrive within specified time frame. However, this was almost two weeks after ordering. I guess Prime 2 day shipping has spoiled me.

You get what you pay for. I won't order this product from this vendor again.

It would be nice to return these but given the cost it's not worth the hassle.
11 comment| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 9, 2014
Poor construction. Matches sticks have no strength and break easy. The coating runs down too far on the stick so that if it is held after lighting your fingers are in danger. They smell noxious when burning. Arrived direct from China via international mail. Find a better source. It does not seem that the case could be water tight and the striker is flimsey. JUNK!
on March 27, 2014
...and it's really not worth my time/effort to even try to return these. These were terribly packaged with no cushioning whatsoever -- and surprise surprise, they arrive dented to all hell -- including one of the canisters losing most of it's strike strip to denting.

So...pretty much useless thanks to crappy packaging.
on March 21, 2013
I've tried many brands of "survival matches" in the past, including this brand, which strangely seems to have no name, just a sales pitch, "Fantastic Wind & Waterproof Survival Matches..."

It's fine with me if they don't have or use a fancy brand name, because these matches are the BEST you can have when you need to light a match in stormy or rainy conditions. They have about the same burn time as most other matches, but they seem (to me) sturdier, with maybe a stronger base.

The thing to be careful about with these (and all other) "survival matches" is that they are not as easy to strike as regular matches. The coating that makes them stormproof has to be worn away a little at the tip, before you get to the chemical that actually burns. If you don't realize this you will waste matches in a situation where you really need to light a fire! Scrape off a little (and I mean just a little) of the wax coating on the tip or slightly to the side of the match, and then be sure to use that exposed portion when you strike.

The matches will work well in just about any condition. As I said above, I have tried many different brands, and these seem to be the best, in my opinion. They burn like a regular match once they are going, and you can light small its of sticks or anything that catches fire easily -- dead grass, twigs, paper, cloth ... And then, once your tender is going, quickly shield the small fire with your hand while adding slightly larger pieces of wood or whatever. Don't try to light a log with any stormproof match. They are not designed to be a torch or ultra-hot flame source. I realize that in a survival type scenario you'll be a little anxious, but take your time, yet be quick. If that sounds like a contradiction, let me suggest you try to light a fire BEFORE you're in a survival situation, so you'll have some experience with how to do it properly.

Bottom line: of all the stormproof matches available (and there are many), this is, in my experience, the best. I'm buying them from Amazon because the price is good, and I do most of my online shopping right here. Of course, I am not compensated in any way, nor am I a representative or employee of the manufacturer. Be safe in the woods!
66 comments| 115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 27, 2014
I just received these this morning. I was hoping to get some nice matches for camping. I ended up with these. I bought cheap, I wanted to save some money. I thought, why spent more than $5 on some matches, right? Well I should have. These are horrible matches. Absolutely horrible.

I saw it had decent reviews so I took a chance. The matches that are included are tiny. Smaller than my thumb in length. On top of that, they aren't even good matches. It took several strikes before it finally lit, which ended up breaking the match in half. It burned for less than 3 seconds. I was able to drop it in water and completely extinguish the match.

I would also like to add that the container that it comes in is garbage. The top pops right off. It has no threads or any kind of locking mechanism. It just pops off with ease. The striking pad that is glued to the side of the container is very cheap. Striking just one match against it put a giant hole in it. I could see each strike pad getting about 4 strikes before it is unusable.

Picture for reference: ( Hole in strike pad, next to new tiny match ) http://i.imgur.com/nD2GQ8sl.jpg
Picture for reference: ( Beside AA Battery for scale ) http://i.imgur.com/lfB9DDcl.jpg
on July 24, 2015
I had a little amazon credit left over from previous purchases and I decided to buy some water proof matches. I only had about 2.99 in credit so I found these that matched my limit. I ordered on April and they arrived in a few days not in the indicated time which was two months haha. SO I was quite happy.

The product came in a small brown envelope, nothing fancy. I opened the package and there were the two containers of water proof matches. The containers are bright orange and have a small striking surface. I opened the container and there were a bundle of pink match heads.

The Matches themselves are about 2 inches in length the match head is about a little over 1 inch of the entire match. The match head is hard and glossy I ran water over it for a few minutes and it still maintained its hard glossy coat.

I ran stuck a match on the striking surface and I was glad it did not catch because that showed that the coating is keeping the match safe from the environment. The hard coat has to be scraped of a bit and then struck against the striking pad. After scraping off a bit of the coat I struck it on the pad and it ignited. It stayed lit for about 9 seconds before it reached the last inch of wood.

I read a few of the earlier reviews and many were very negative. For some reason they had really high expectations for this product then rated it really low. They failed to see there actual usefulness of this product and for the price it is actually a great steal.

I am happy with what I got because I actually found good use for these. I purchased strike anywhere matches and glued two of those with one of these water proof matches and wrapped them in tissue paper. I was able to create a fast strike-anywhere match that burns really hot and had it's own fuel.
I would recommend this match to anyone that can be creative because these are really inexpensive and you can play around with them without having to worry about wasting money. I ordered the two pack witch has about 20 in each tube so I got about 40 matches. I believe the 20 pack is about 15-16 dollars! That's 200 water proof matches that you can play around with for a really low price. That means for people that are beginners at roughing it or starting out prepping they can have a good match to learn form then they can move up to the more expensive brands.

I know these are pretty cheap, but the usability makes up for their low quality. I would recommend these to anyone that has an imagination and can create cool fire-starting kits. I will add pictures of the product as well as the fire-starter I created using these awesome inexpensive matches. I will buy more!
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on March 21, 2014
The strikers fell off both so called water tight containers...in just opening of the envelope they were shipped n! Caps were loose... just a total mess...not worth the effort to save, I threw them away!
on August 18, 2014
very cheaply made. Pay the extra couple bucks for a better product. This UCO is much better. Higher quality polymer (not flimsy plastic) http://www.amazon.com/UCO-Stormproof-Waterproof-Matches-Strikers/dp/B008CL24SA/ref=pd_sim_sg_15?ie=UTF8&refRID=0HYMHEQWF0873EDJC794