Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheBigSick TheBigSick TheBigSick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on May 16, 2015
The i play solid rim sun protection hat fit my 3 year old as expected, and did a great job of protecting her from the harsh tropical sun. We used it in the pool and on the beach, but there is one flaw that left me disappointed.

Let me start by comparing pros & cons:
Pros:
- Bright, beautiful color.
- Drawstring allows me to adjust this to her head circumference.
- Easy to tie a knot and secure it under her chin. Some people prefer velcro closures, but because my daughter has a smaller head, a simple knot mechanism works better. We returned another hat because the velcro stayed loose on her.
- Lightweight. Used it for hours without it bothering my daughter.
- Water resistant. Perfect for pool or beach.

Cons:
- Brim is not sturdy enough. This is the reason for 3 stars. The hat behaved well when it was dry, but the minute it got wet, the brim started folding down over her face (almost covering her eyes). Once in the pool, she kept trying to brush the brim off her face. I am attaching a picture that demonstrates this flaw. My younger child has a hat from a different manufacturer and the structural integrity on that one is far superior even after extended water use.

All in all, while it did an admirable job of protecting her from the harsh sun, I wouldn't recommend it for water use because of the folding brim issue. If i play can fix this design flaw, they would have a winner on their hands.
review image
55 comments| 118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 3, 2016
It is cute and my 11 month old daughter doesn't rip it off nearly as often as a hat with velcro. I agree with the review that says it's not meant for water play, though. Even a brief sprinkler gigglefest wound up with it super saggy/floppy and over her eyes.
I also bought the 9-18 month hat when she was around seven months old and it fit her well (both of my kiddos have 95-99% head circumferences, so we buy hats pretty large) with sliding the brilliant toggle strap under the brim. Now that she's 11 mos., though, it's too small so we'll be buying the 2T size for the rest of the summer.
VINE VOICEon April 17, 2015
So cute and fits great! My son is 4 months old and it fits like a glove!
on June 30, 2016
The perfect summer hat for my 1-year-old and 3-year-old daughters! I ordered the 2T--4T size for both of them. Thanks to the drawstring, it fits both of them. I am so glad, because it is hard to find a wide-brimmed sun hat that fits my 3-year-old, who is the size of your average kindergartener! I do think that this hat is a more feminine style, so it may not be ideal for little boys, but ultimately that would be a personal style choice. :-)
After washing this hat once on the gentle cycle and then air drying it, part of the seam on the brim of the hat came unraveled. It's sewn from the inside, so it cannot be easily fixed. Also, the plastic tightener on the string used for adjusting the hat's size to the wearer does not stay in place. When we tried to put the hat on the baby, it easily loosened, which will be increasingly annoying as our baby gets older and more grabby. This hat was a big disappointment as we expected it to be much more durable.
on November 9, 2017
This has been THE BEST hat for our toddler. It fits well, is comfortable, keeps the sun off her face, scalp, ears, neck, back and chest, and most importantly it stays on (even when it’s windy.) Two-year-old approved and she can easily put it on and take it off herself. This has saved her from sunburns and is a quick alternative to a sunscreen battle. It also goes with everything (we got the solid, light pink one.) Oh, and machine washes and dries well.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 18, 2016
My favorite part about this hat is the brim. Usually the brims of these child hats fall down/collapse, but luckily with this one it does not. It keeps her shoulders covered very well!
Sizing: I ordered the 6 month hat for my 4 month old knowing she will fit into it when summer comes around. The fit is as expected and will fit her perfectly in two months.
Quality: Awesome quality. We can squish it into our beach bag and it still come out looking good. It's comfortable on my daughters head and doesn't make her too hot when she's wearing it.
Recommendation: If you're looking into getting a summer swim hat at an affordable price - this is it!
on June 28, 2017
This product was better than I expected. Very cute, it has the strings for under the chin and a draw string at the back to tighten to the childs head so it stays in place. I got the light pink color and its very cute. Very happy with the product. I saw a few comments complaining the edges are floppy but that's what the product is, its a floppy sun hat. It does not impede on my daughtets agility to see and looks adorable.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 15, 2016
I love this hat. It cinches down, so fits my kid's head nicely and will continue to for a while yet. It covers his neck and ears but is soft so that it can be tucked down around his carrier or in his stroller without the other edge popping up. It must be pretty comfortable too, as my little guy doesn't fight with it once we've got it on. He does play with the ties, so we have to watch to make sure he hasn't untied it, but that'd be an issue with any hat.

I also love the bright orange. It's fun and easy for us to spot the other parent in a crowd.
on July 14, 2015
The drawstring on the hat I received didn't work. It seems like it would be a wonderful idea, but unfortunately I received a defective one. I contacted the seller (Baby Super Mall) through Amazon and received an email back stating I would receive instructions regarding how to return it. That was 5 days ago, and I am still waiting for those instructions. I do not feel I should have to go to all this hassle to return a defective item and would not order another hat from this company if there was another option here on Amazon. As it is, my baby girl needs a hat that she will keep on, and I am hoping that the drawstring (when working correctly) will help with this.

Another thing to be aware of with this hat is that the wide floppy brim falls down into baby's eyes when wet (if wearing in the pool). I am hoping that a properly working drawstring would help somewhat with keeping the brim out of baby's eyes, but I cannot comment on that at this time.

All in all, a very cute hat which provides good shade. However, I was disappointed in the drawstring and the way it fell in my baby's face when wet.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.