Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on October 5, 2012
I've been using a Moshi keyboard cover and after a few months it started to discolor. Moshi claims you can wash it, but it doesn't remove the discoloration. My Moshi keyboard cover is partially cloudy white and looks like the black from the keyboard has transferred to the keyboard cover. I found this keyboard cover for 1/3 the price of the Moshi and it's just as good. This keyboard cover fits just as well and feels thinner than the Moshi. If you're looking for a clear keyboard cover, look no further. You can't beat the price and quality of this one... I'll update my review if I notice any discoloration from this keyboard cover over the next few months.
110 people found this helpful
|66 comments|Report abuse
on November 20, 2013
So I just bought a new Macbook Pro 15", but not the new retina display model. Based on the large number of positive reviews, I went ahead and purchased this keyboard protector. I've had it for 24 hours and I'm already pretty frustrated with it. First, it doesn't fit well at all: the indentations to fit over the keys are much too shallow, so the whole thing sits well above the keyboard. As a result, it is difficult to type and when you do other keys are frequently pressed because pressing down a key pulls on all the other keys around it quite a bit. Also, the height and width dimensions are a little off, so if you get it to mostly fit down on the right side, the left side pops off. Given the poor fit, it won't do a very good job of protecting the keyboard, since things like dust and crumbs will easily make their way into the large gaps. Second, apart from problems of fitting, it's not soft at all. In fact, it's quite stiff. It takes about twice the amount of force to press a key with the cover on than it does with the cover off.

I'm a law school student, so I'm on my laptop during most of my waking hours. In a given day I have to do a huge amount of writing and research. This keyboard cover is so bad that I can't work with it on because it impedes the use of my laptop so much.

I have to say that, given the large number of positive reviews, I'm a little surprised at how bad this cover is (it is truly awful!). Perhaps most of the covers are good, but the manufacturer's quality controls are inadequate. So maybe I'm just one of the unlucky ones who got a bad one, and other people's have been great. I don't know. I do know that the one I got is unacceptable.
review imagereview image
18 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on April 1, 2013
I just got a new 13" Macbook Air, and was looking for a keyboard protector to fit. Compared to my former Macbook pro, the keys aren't as high on my air and for that reason I was worried about buying a product that didn't fit perfectly. My last keyboard skin for my Macbook Pro was made of soft silicone, and it bubbled up occasionally. When I closed my laptop, the silicone made imprints on my display. Since that one didn't fit my new Air, I was looking for a new one that's better quality than the last.

This keyboard skin has so far met all my expectations. It is MUCH thinner than my previous one, it fits my new air PERFECTLY (so it doesn't fit my pro), it doesn't bubble up, it's not as soft as the silicone one -so it does not leave marks on my display. Yay!

Like other reviewers stated, it fits snug right on top of the keyboard and doesn't come with adhesive or anything to make it stick. (Who would want something sticky on their new laptop?!)

Things I've noticed since using it:
1. I barely notice it. It does not (in my opinion) make the keys any harder to strike. If you don't look at the keyboard while you type, I doubt you would notice this skin much.
2. Having the skin on doesn't make the glow from the computer any harder to see.
3. It has prevented a lot of dust and fur from getting stuck between my keys (I have one cat)
4. I'm not sure how well this will protect you computer from a spill.

Let's be real here, you should still avoid spilling things on your expensive computer, even when it's wearing it's little keyboard skin. If I put cream on my hands, or if my hands are a little damp, I feel confident my computer is protected. However, still try to keep drinks away from it.

If you are looking for ways to protect your 13" Macbook Air, I recommend both this product and Incase Incase Neoprene Sleeve For Macbook Air 13-Inch - Black (CL57802)
34 people found this helpful
on February 17, 2013
PROS: Fits every key on my 13" late 2011 MacBook Pro like a glove; ultra thin as advertised; this keyboard cover is so thin that I can even feel the bumps on the f & j keys; only slightly opaque, which allows you to see the letters & symbols on all keys; after using a different, $4.95 keyboard cover, this one is 99% unnoticeable.

CONS: This cover fits so tightly on the keys that a minor bit of air is trapped beneath the cover. This air can be squeezed out by placing all eight fingers on the center of the keyboard and pressing outwardly toward the keyboard's edges. Either way, it feels the same and the trapped air does not appreciably affect the cover's "feel."

I don't write many product reviews, but this particular keyboard cover is so good, I'm writing this review.

I replaced a (probably) two year old "tired," cheapie cover with the "UPPERCASE Ultra Thin Clear Soft TPU Keyboard Cover Skin for the MacBook Pro." The UPPERCASE cover came in very attractive packaging, a sign to me that the manufacturer is proud of their product - and, in my humble opinion, they have ever right to be very proud of this keyboard cover.

The difference in the old cover and this one was remarkable at the least. I read in another review of this UPPERCASE product that this cover takes some getting used to - not true! It's extremely easy to get used to and this cover is 99% unnoticeable fitting my keyboard like a ultra-thin glove. I can even feel the little raised bumps on the f and j keys, something I have not felt in the past two years while using the cheapie cover.

If you're looking for an inexpensive, high quality, low cost keyboard cover, you need look no further!
14 people found this helpful
on January 3, 2017
I bought this cover about two years ago and don’t remember how transparent it was when I first got it. However, I do remember how fogged up it got after all this time and got used to the fact that if I wanted the keyboard protection, I had to have a fogged cover on my keyboard. It never dawned on me that the cover could be washed and renewed (made clear again) until today. I took the cover to the kitchen sink, used some dish washing liquid in a small bowl and a sponge and washed it thoroughly. Then I dried it with a yellow micro fiber cloth. I was impressed with the end result as the cover did not looked as bad as it did before (fogged). The cove is not 100% clear and it’s noticeable when covering the keyboard but if you were to accidentally spill something on the keyboard without a cover like this, it could ruin the whole upper case of the notebook since the keyboard and the case, including the track pad are all “welded” together and cannot be taken apart to be replaced. So invest a few bucks on a cover like this and avoid spending hundreds on replacement used case. By the way, the silicone cover doesn’t do any markings on the screen from having the cover on it all the time while the lid it’s closed.
review imagereview image
One person found this helpful
on January 4, 2013
It took me so long to decide which clear cover to purchase especially with all the negative reviews, but I just decided to go with this one and it works perfectly fine! I thought it was going to be so much worse. However, It's soft, flexible, the keyboard lighting shines brightly through, the sound of tapping is softened, and fits my keyboard as close as it gets. Anyways, I highly doubt there is a perfect product that will satisfy every keyboard out there. You might have to tap just the slightest teensy weensy bit harder, but I'm noticing that it actually is training my fingers to not lift so high or stray away from the keys, which I guess I used to do previously. Oh, it also doesn't leave a keyboard outline on my screen when it's closed!
11 people found this helpful
on November 21, 2013
I've purchased a LOT of keyboard covers (at least 15 different brands now) and I keep tossing them because they failed. But not this one! This keyboard cover is Apple-elegant in design. Unlike the picture, it is transparent once on and it fits down over the keys like a TRUE second skin which is not my experience with other covers. It fits so well that it has completely disappeared. No kidding.

The feel: It adds just a touch of texture which actually makes it easier to type on. However, I notice that I must push just a bit harder to activate the keys although it is VERY slight and not an annoyance. It is important that it protects (and it protects beautifully) but also that it stays put. The other covers I had would come off if the laptop was accidentally tipped on its side. I held my laptop upside down with this cover on it and it stays in place with NO movement. It fits so well on my 13" retina MacBook Pro that I cannot even see the edges

NOTHING can get under this skin. NOTHING. The other covers would allow dog hair and dust to work its way underneath but not this one.
5 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on November 9, 2013
Bought this because I have spilled my drink on my previous laptop and I thought this would help... and of course chose this one because of the glamorous reviews.

It fits perfectly fine on my Mac Pro Retina display 13". Strange is that I cannot type as I used to because this slows me down so much. The height of each key is a little higher than the actual keys on the keyboard, so I hear this not pleasant rubber noise when I type. I have to put more pressure to be able to type and still some letters are missing and I get so many error marks in my text editor after I type something (for example this review is filled with words with red underlines meaning there are typos). I have to spend so much time fixing my typos and I decide it might not worth it... Overall, it is a bad feeling when I type and I keep being worried about typos. I have gotten laughed at for the silly typos I've made recently ...

Now, only if I can stop drinking while working at my computer, I would totally throw this away.
5 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on October 5, 2014
I have used a few different keyboard covers and have always liked them. The one issue I have with them is that they are usually white, or somewhat opaque. I liked the fact that this one was clear.

Overall, this cover will do its job (probably...). I do have a few issues with it, though:

- The cover sometimes sticks to my fingers and lifts up off the keyboard. This doesn't sound too bad, but it can be really annoying when I'm typing a lot (and I type pretty quickly), because it messes up my pace. I want something that feels like it is part of the keyboard, and this doesn't fit tightly around the keys, so you definitely notice that it's there (especially when it keeps lifting up while typing).

- The cover does not reach very far past the edges of the outer keys, which also makes it easy to accidentally push it up off the keyboard. Most covers I've had go up and over the indentation surrounding the keyboard, so you know it's well protected. This one does not, so I feel like if something were to spill on the keyboard, it would be very likely that the liquid would get under it.

- Despite being clear, it still has a little bit of a texture to it which makes the keys look "blurry" I guess, and things stick to it, especially oil from fingers. This is impossible to avoid, but because of the material, it looks dirty really quickly.

- I don't really like the texture - my fingers slip easily despite it feeling like it should be grippy. I'm used to silicone covers, which definitely feel different from a bare keyboard, but the silicone is easy to get used to and actually helps me not make mistakes. This one just feels...weird, and I don't feel like I can type as well with it.

Overall, I would recommend finding a different cover. I think silicone ones are better, and definitely look for one that goes over the beveled edge around the keyboard. I really don't think this one would protect it very well from a spill.
One person found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on June 29, 2012
I enjoy a nice cup of coffee whenever I'm home on my computer. I bought this keyboard cover 'just in case' I happen to spill any liquid while working on the computer as I have done in the past. Overall, the quality of this cover is excellent. They used very precise molds that fits PERFECTLY over the keyboard without any signs of misalignment, or inconsistencies.
One thing I would like to point out though is, with all keyboard covers, the feel of the keyboard will change, regardless of the brand or quality of the film you get. Each strike will feel mushier, but not stiff. Because it's one sheet, pressing one key will tend to pull on the keys surrounding it, thus requiring added pressure on your keystroke in order for your strike to register. They keystrokes feel like using a calculator with rubber buttons. You have to get used to it. Personally, I found myself typing less accurately for the first day but since I don't do any extended typing, I find that I dont mind it at all. You might however, if you find yourself writing pages of text as the keyboard will not feel as crisp as ones without a cover over it. It is however fairly easy to get used to.
If you want to protect your keyboard, get this. This is one of the best covers I have used and one of the best made ones. I plan on selling my air next year so I want to keep it as pristine as possible. This is more that enough protection to keep small spills away from your internals or bits of doritos and dead skin away from the insides of your computer.
This product does not come with an adhesive. It basically just lays over your keyboard. However, it will not fall off (unless you really try and flip your laptop upside down) as the fit is so snug over each and every key that it basically keeps itself in place.
I am giving this a 4 star review, rating excellent. The only reason for this is because I would have liked this pad if it had some adhesive around the edges of the film. Without adhesives, liquids will be able to bleed around and under the skin which may eventually find its way in the cracks between your keys.
85 people found this helpful