YED Reading Is Fundamental Wish List Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Beauty & Grooming Book House Cleaning GoldenGlobes GoldenGlobes GoldenGlobes  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 1,478 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,501 reviews
on April 14, 2012
I love the format of the news feeds! it is so easy to read that I find myself checking the news every time I open up my Kindle Fire.
0Comment| 130 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 21, 2012
This is a wonderful news app for Kindle Fire. I love that I can get a quick look at the headlines then read the articles that catch my interest. I really enjoy the news reader feature when my "older " eyes get weary. Thank you Newshog for a great app : )
on March 31, 2012
I enjoyed this app quite a bit and used it for a couple of weeks, but since the 6.3 update came out for the KF, I've found this thing looping in the background, soaking up battery and wifi time. I downloaded a sysinfo app and was able to identify the Newshog app as the one that was draining the battery in a few hours while it was idle.

I'll be watching it closely. I did force close and restart it and it seems to be behaving now.
on April 4, 2012
I have tried several news readers over the years. This one may be the best. Or maybe it just matches the way my mind works. At any rate I think you will like it.
on October 31, 2012
I had to uninstall because at 5:27pm every day it would start reading out loud on my Kindle Fire. There was nothing in the set up menu to enable or disable reading out loud.
I like the basic set up but hate the automatic reading. I want to read quietly to myself.
on January 5, 2013
At first I wasn't impressed with the looks of this app and deleted it. But I decided to give it a second chance when I read it had text to speech and also personalized topics. Interesting!
So another install and some tinkering around and I have to say that this is a pretty nifty tool. Sure I think some other apps look better but this one has some really cool features. If, like me, you aren't drawn to this app at first, give it a chance. I think you will change your mind about it!
on July 19, 2012
I'm a news reader big time. If the app is junk I delete it. I'm still with this 1. There's a lot to read out there!
on October 26, 2016
Great app - timely and easily navigable on Kindle. A good way to start the day!
on September 3, 2012
NewsHog is one of the few news gathering apps that I have bought and the reason is that I love it. I like the wide variety of the news that I can get. It's great for me if I have been stuck in the office all day or on the run and not hearing the news. The program helps me catch up without having to be depressed by TV reporters.

The added feature that most people love is the text to speech feature. For me, it's OK. I am one of those that would rather read than listen. It is a very nice feature though.

My favorite part is being able to choose by category what I want to read. The only addition I would make is that the local section needs to be really local. I am nowhere close to Los Angeles and it shows up in my local news occasionally. Thankfully, it is only a snippet of the article.
on December 29, 2012
A good general purpose news app but it needs refinement. To many news items are repeated and the selection of articles is limited. There should also be sub- categories for each heading, such as US NEWS, International NEWS, etc.