Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery March Birthstone Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$5.38

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 102 reviews
on August 31, 2013
I loved it so much that I read it less than a week. I strongly recommend it to Titanic lovers everywhere.
on July 8, 2002
This book was great. I learned more from this book because it was in so much detail that you felt like you were witnessing everything. The book has alter egos, which at times can be very confusing, especially when the great ship starts to sink. One part is about Elizabeth Farr; traveling in first class. Elizabeth is expected to marry a boring man after she gets back to New York. Elizabeth soon meets a young traveler named Max Whittaker, the son of aquantences. Elizabeth is jealous at the fact that Max is independant, and Elizabeth wants to know how he did it. The other part is about 3 Irish third-class passengers, hoping to make a better life in America; Kathleen Hanrahan, and the brothers: Brian and Patrick Kelleher. When the Titanic begins to sink, the full potential of each character comes out with a beautifully written ending. Their are only two problems. One, the book kept on flipping back in forth from 3rd class to 1st, which got confusing when the Titanic sinks. And the second, the author took some ideas from the movie; but gives a new zest to those ideas. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who is interested in the sinking of the Titanic.
on July 28, 2014
The story is about two women. Elizabeth, first class and Katie, steerage. It goes back and forth between the two and their struggles to survive and how they do it on this journey to America. I've always been fascinated with the Titanic, but these stories just add more to the mix. I know they are fictional, but who knows that in some way this didn't happen.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this story but I seriously wanted to clobber Elizabeth's parents and their attitudes toward their daughter. Katie was very heroic herself and the actions that she took that night when the ship was sinking. Two very remarkable women and a wonderful story to read.
on October 11, 2015
As if loving the Titanic wasn't enough Diane Hoh wrote this amazing story about a young girl who falls in love with a man that's "beneath" her and her family. I read this book so many times that my book is shredded and I was estactic to see it on kindle!!! I used to only read Elizabeth's story cutting into Katie's every now and then but I think now that I'm older I'll read both and love it all over again.
on February 7, 2015
I LOVED this book, I became immediately engrossed in all the characters, especially Katie ( the red haired lass). The author depicted exactly what must of been horrific, for those poor people to experience on that fateful night. I was so glad that Elizabeth's life was what she wanted, with all that arguing with her parents. Of course during that time, women really had no free choices..you
Did what was expected. I liked the way the author finalized everyone at the end...a very happy
Ending...If you're not sure, give it a try...it's worth it....
on April 20, 2012
I read this book years ago and recently brought it on my kindle and it was just as great as I remembered. The author has done a brilliant job of creating the characters and taking us through the entire voyage of the Titanic. The author created characters that we would care and want to read about. I love this book!
on May 19, 2012
It's a wonderful fluff novel- good for a quick read if you want something soppy :-) I thoroughly enjoyed the book in paperback form, so I decided to Kindle it, and didn't regret it.
on May 17, 2013
I ordered this because I have lost the first copy I had. If you are a Titanic fan and want to read a good fiction with some romance, then you'll love it too.
on June 22, 2013
Even though this is a sad story, it is one that I have always enjoyed. I'm glad when people stay true to the story
on August 29, 2016
It is a long dramatic book even better then te film!!!!
No di slike s at all!!!!!
14 to 18