Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Stride-to-Ride Puppy
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

Product Packaging: Standard Packaging (Boy)|Change
Price:$90.01 - $392.29

VINE VOICEon August 23, 2012
Product Packaging: Standard Packaging (Boy)|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
First time video review. Pretty happy with my script, but the camera work was shaky enough to attract attention from people wishing to make a Cloverfield sequel. Oh well.

Many good things about the Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn. It's a durable, safe, entertaining, educational toy. Highly recommended.
99 comments| 210 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 2, 2012
We bought this as our 9 month old son is "cruising" and seemed ready for a walker like this. He loves the Fisher Price Puppy and this seemed really cute, albeit pricey.

This puppy has a lot going on. There is the walker aspect, and when pushed puppy tilts his head and sings/says phrases. There is a little storage area with shapes and shape cut-outs on puppy's side. There are also buttons that make puppy speak or sing on his collar and on his nose. And finally there is the ride-on part for older children. There are several different settings for what you want puppy to say you can switch it to "educational" "imagination" etc. so it's a pretty good variety of sounds and phrases- you can make puppy really interactive or not so much depending on your preference and your child's age.

Our son loves the puppy- the first thing he does every morning is crawl over to press the nose which makes the puppy say various phrases. He hasn't quite figured out the three additional buttons on puppy's collar that also make puppy speak. Also, he doesn't get the shape sorting yet, but he likes to gnaw on the shapes ;)(Our kitten, on the other hand, loves to bat the shapes into and out of the puppy via the shape cut-outs- it's ridiculous). He figured out he can stand up using the handle as leverage but has not been able to push puppy yet because it's quite stiff on our carpeting and requires more force to move than he can exert yet. I think this would be great for someone with hardwood floors concerned about toys moving too easily. Also, he has tried to stand using the handle as leverage from the side and puppy tips over on top of him. Never badly enough to harm him or even make him cry but it may be a consideration. In summary, I think (hope!) in a few months time this toy will get a lot of use, but right now our son isn't quite mature enough to appreciate it, aside from the big red nose button.

Edited to update: it only took a few weeks and baby boy got the hang of pushing puppy. It is his hands down favorite toy now. He pushes him up and down the hall with a huge grin as puppy sings to him. So cute!! That said, I still feel like I want to buy him another walker toy if i see one on sale because puppy is just so stiff and difficult to maneuver/navigate. My son almost has an easier time pushing the stand up table/piano/activity center that doesn't have even have wheels. (He's all about practicing walking using anything he can get his hands on now!) we've tried adjusting the tightness of the screws on the wheels on puppy but it doesn't help. Nevertheless, puppy is a very well loved toy in our house and I do not regret purchasing.
11 comment| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon September 7, 2012
I gave this toy to my 2 1/2 year old niece. I didn't realize that it came unassembled, but her mom put it together in less than five minutes with a screw driver and the four to six screws included.

My niece was on the "doggy" and scooting around the house laughing at the doggie's head turning and music playing (or alphabet being sung). Three blocks are included and the puppy can "eat" them or the child can put them in the appropriate sized holes in the puppy's left side and then retrieve them from the opening on the right side.

The sounds are not overly loud, so this isn't going to be a nuisance for the parents.

The giggles and repeating what the doggie says proved to be delightful for the family gathered around.

I really knocked one out of the park with this birthday gift!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 3, 2012
(See update for long term impressions)
This toy doesn't move well on either carpet or hard surfaces. The wheels are small, cheap, and don't rotate well. They also don't have any tread so the toy just slides instead of rolling.

The other major problem is the locking mechanism for the seat that allows it to switch positions. The mechanism requires large hands so a small toddler can't do it. The build quality of the mechanism is very poor because it doesn't securely lock the seat - there is a tremendous amount of "play" in each position and it just doesn't feel durable.

On the positive side, the plastic shapes have been fun for my 2.5 year old to play with and stick into the puppy's belly or into its mouth. She can reach in on the other side of the belly to pull the shapes out.

The music is fun and pleasant (not annoying to parents) and the sound quality is actually very impressive with good intelligibility. There are 3 buttons in addition to the nose button which all light up and are easy to press.

Overall, I would say this puppy is fun to interact with but the construction quality is poor. The distinguishing feature of this toy is the ability to ride or push it. Unfortunately, this feature doesn't work well. So what you are left with is a pretty bulky stationary toy. If you have plenty of room in your house, this may not be a big deal. But for most people, a more compact interactive toy would be preferable.

UPDATE: I am upgrading this toy to 4 stars because despite the lousy wheels, my 10-month-old who is on the verge of walking has been having fun pushing it around the house. It works better than I thought it would as a "walker" and my baby uses it much more than I expected. The music is also motion activated so the dog "sings" and shakes its head while being pushed. There have been no issues with durability to date.

UPDATE May 2014: After 1.5 years of this toy, my kids (2 and 4 years old) still enjoy playing with it and pushing it all over the place. This is somewhat amazing since they usually get bored of a toy (or break it) in no time. Despite my concerns about the build quality, nothing has broken on this toy and it is in near perfect condition. This toy has stood the test of time and deserves 5 stars (my initial rating was 3 stars).
33 comments| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 18, 2014
It may look creepy, but it's a huge hit with everyone! Every child that's ever come to my home has loved it! My daughter has now used the dog at each stage and is still infatuated with it! It's definitely on my list for gifts to give others!
on September 16, 2014
This is the best push and go around. It has so many fun features with it. Once the seat is up it is very sturdy and my son has a ball tooling around. There are many songs that it plays and it is very interactive. Definitely worth the price.
on January 8, 2016
This toy is something our little girl still plays with, and she's 2 now. She loves the songs, and the shape sorter, and of course just the simple fact that it is a dog.
Because she's a little smaller, it took a while before she could actually ride on it, and so it was primarily a push toy, which was great, since we got it for her first birthday, and she started walking around then.
I do think that the button to turn it on and off could have been in a different spot, since you have to reach down and under its head in order to turn it off. There have been several nighttime tripping moments when a nudge on its nose would start the dog singing loudly!
The wheels are plastic, and so only work well on certain surfaces. Also, she had it outside, and went head first over the dog's head because the wheels stuck. So look out for those wheels, and be aware of that. They don't roll as smoothly.
All in all, she has loved it, and we have been happy with our purchase.
on April 13, 2015
My son enjoys this. He's rather short so his feet don't really touch the ground, so I have to bend over and push him on it. Wish they would develop a push handle in the back to make it easier on the parents. Besides that he loves putting little treats in his mouth and all the music it makes. I love how the puppy's head moves when it's being pushed around. Honestly a great little toy!
on November 5, 2015
My grandson loved this, I have laminate flooring and it did not scratch it up like many of his toys did on my hardwood flooring. My only complaint was changing this from sitting on the seat to lifting it up to push around is more difficult than a 15 month old can do by himself. My grandson found putting things in the dogs mouth and sides was very neat, as well as being able to play the songs and push it around. When interacting with him we play with it almost daily.
on January 13, 2015
My son loves this puppy. He learned to walk at eleven months thanks to this puppy. Now at 16 months, he stills enjoys pushing his Stride to Ride puppy, sitting on it, and listening to it sing and talk to him. I love how it teaches him the parts of the body such as mouth, nose, ears. It also teaches the shapes triangle, circle, and square. I feel my money was well spent with this educational toy and I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is interested in getting their child something to help them learn to walk and it will still be useful after their child learns to walk. I am not a big fan of walkers because after kids learn how to walk, you can't really use them much after, but with this puppy, my son learned to walk and now has a puppy buddy to play and learn from.