Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 924 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 955 reviews
on April 27, 2015
We love the series and were so excited when it arrived. However, now that it's been a few months and we've been able to watch all 8 dvd's we noticed a problem with discs 4 & 5 - the voice tracks are fine but there are no sound effects! It's too late for me to return the set so we'll just have to deal with it, but it is really disappointing.
on December 28, 2016
Bought this DVD set for one of my son's X-mas gift. After opening we have played 3 different DVDs and one of the three is defective, Only played first Episode and it stopped working. Have not played the rest of the set but I'm not happy that one of the 3 DVDs isn't showing but one Episode so Disappointed because my son's loves these!
on May 23, 2013
I cannot say enough good things about this series. My kids adore them, and my son invents Magic School Bus dramas all the time with his legos. (Lego, are you listening? We want a Ms. Frizzle set!) This DVD set is an awesome deal in terms of bang for the buck. In fact, we broke a DVD and I was even contemplating repurchasing because we are sad to miss some! The science is very well done (spoken from a PhD researcher) -- I have hardly found any flaws in any of the shows or books. At the end of each episode, they even have a "viewer critique" section where kids point out which parts were pretend and not accurate. And, Ms. Frizzle's basic attitude ("Take chances! Make mistakes! Get messy!") is great scientist training. (Not "Memorize facts!") My 5-yr old kid can explain the basics of photosynthesis and a bunch of other concepts. Also, there are NO ADS when you start up the DVD! You can go straight to the menu, or just let it play. Final bonus -- these are helping my kids learn Spanish! We do the episode first in English, then in the next few days in Spanish. Since it is focused on science and is very conversational, the Spanish dialogue works great. Other kid shows wouldn't translate so well, esp. if they focus on reading. And if you are worried that the DVD will spoil your kid's enjoyment of the even-more-wonderful books, I can say that the show has only increased my kids' obsession with them. Final plug -- the episodes are long enough to let you get a few things done while they're watching :)
on March 2, 2015
From childhood, I have LOVED The Magic School Bus TV series. Throughout the years, I'd casually look online to see if there was a complete series available. Much to my chagrin, nothing of the sort was available until a few years ago when I purchased this DVD set! I scared my younger siblings with my squeals of delight as I relived precious childhood memories with Ms. Frizzle and the gang. This series is great for younger elementary children in explaining basic scientific truths. The episodes are well done and allow for further discussion and research. The show is also enjoyable and engaging. In fact, when I was a child, I didn't realize that I was watching the dreaded "educational television." You can't go wrong with this show for private or scholastic viewing!
on February 19, 2016
This is a wonderful educational tv show. I watched it when I was little. Nowadays the new cartoons are not as meaningful as the ones I watched when I was young. The old cartoons always teach kids something, unlike the cartoon now just being goofy.

My daughter loves the magic school bus too now. I enjoy watching the show again with her. She learns different science subjects from the show. This is a great set. I wish they made more good show like this.
on January 20, 2015
Having watched this as a child I was eager to buy this dvd set for my nephews. They are 3 and 5 and both really enjoy it. The five year old is particularly glued to it.
Although some of the science is outdated the series does a great job of getting kids excited about science and learning, while still being silly and fun enough to keep their attention.
Also, the character of Miss Frizzle is well written and acted, and makes teachers approachable and fun, which is important for younger kids to be exposed to before starting school. This show makes both of my nephews excited about school, and they're learning things. That is a major success in my book!
on January 8, 2013
We've only watched 2 of the episodes so far but I grew up watching this series and loved every minute of it-it's the reason why I was so interested in science as a kid. I purchased this set on recommendation of a friend. We homeschool and science is EXTREMELY important to us-one of the reasons we homeschool is because we don't feel public schools really get kids interested in science and because my husband is a scientist he can see more of the ins and outs and how important it is to encourage kids to learn about science (if you're good at it you can really earn some good money too!). This is well put together and I'm glad it has all of them. My 4 1/2 year old (who is very smart and advanced for his age-I say this not to brag but possibly most 4 1/2 year olds wouldn't be so engrossed by this or understand it quite as well?) and 2 year old sat watching two episodes as we ate lunch today and both are just begging for more. We are using Apologia science specifically the one about Human Anatomy and Physiology right now so I'm using it to compliment what I'm teaching him with the hands-on approach Apologia uses. I believe in helping kids use as many of their senses as possible to learn their subjects so this is really helping explain information in a different way.

My ONLY con of this is they don't seem to be in order of when they were released nor do they have any of that information if you wanted to watch all of them in order. As the stories don't build upon each other some may not think this is a big deal but I think it would be nice to know-it doesn't lose a star over this but something to note. Also the quality of the picture could probably be cleaned up a little but since it's a hand drawn cartoon (at least I'm pretty sure on that since it's over 25 years old) that may not be possible. The sound quality and everything was fine.

I recommend this to all parents-whether you homeschool or not-to help your kids learn science and get interested in it. Watch it with them! Ask questions! Sure it may be cheesy to the parents but there's great information in there that you can also use to help you remember these science topics.
on February 3, 2014
Why did I give The Magic School Bus: The Complete Series a five star rating?

1.) It is the Magic School bus!!!!

2.) It is educational and is nothing like the mindless garbage on television these days.

3.) It has every episode ever.

4.) Amazons unbeatable price and free shipping.

I bought this for my niece for Christmas and she loves it (She is 5yrs old). I can't say enough good things about The Magic School Bus. I loved this show as a kid and I was excited to see it on Amazon in DVD with every episode. Well worth the price and the quality is great. I don't belive it is remastered in HD quality however it seems to be SD regular DVD quality. That's ok kids wont notice and adults wont care.

I would recommend this to anyone with children or buying this as a gift for a child.
on March 13, 2016
This show brings back memories from when I was younger. It is popular with both my 2 year old and my 4 year old, although I am guessing the target audience is probably somewhere between 5-10. I've used clips in the classroom as a teacher and currently use it as an incentive with my own kids at home, so I can attest to it's appeal to a wide range of elementary ages. Fun episodes that tie into informative books, it's a win-win!
on June 12, 2015
This was one of the best educational shows I watched as a kid at home and at school. We used to watch it at school from time to learn all sorts of things. It was one of the best educational shows we watched as kids during the 90s next to Bill Nye The Science Guy. This is a golden piece of 90s history in cartoons. This is an instantly original classic, it's been over twenty-one years since this show was on TV for the first time. I still remember reading the books and playing a computer game or two of it as well. This is like going back in time to relive the good old days of your childhood without a time machine.