YED Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Beauty & Grooming Shop Popular Services GoldenGlobes GoldenGlobes GoldenGlobes  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Go Explore Outdoor Recreation on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 913 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 943 reviews
on November 15, 2012
FYI: Unlike the television broadcast and the individual DVDs you can purchase - the DVDs in this set do NOT have any closed captioning or subtitles so the material is inaccessible to children with hearing loss. We were so disappointed.
33 comments| 138 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 27, 2015
We love the series and were so excited when it arrived. However, now that it's been a few months and we've been able to watch all 8 dvd's we noticed a problem with discs 4 & 5 - the voice tracks are fine but there are no sound effects! It's too late for me to return the set so we'll just have to deal with it, but it is really disappointing.
on October 26, 2013
I don't know if it's to make room for two audio tracks (English and Spanish) but the video quality is really quite terrible. There are significant artifacts which makes it look just plain ugly on an HDTV. This is far below normal DVD quality. I expected more from a reputable company like scholastic, but this is bad even for pirating standards. I can even stream these episodes over the Internet on Netflix and that looks significantly better then these DVDs.

Two stars because my son enjoys the show, but I would have absolutely not bought this had I known the video quality was so awful.
on October 30, 2013
I bought this set for my five year old daughter's birthday. I had never watched the show until after I ordered it. Shortly after ordering the set and before the item was delivered, netflix had the magic school bus season 1 available. I watched it on netflix while I waited for the item to arrive. I was very impressed. I started to show some episodes to my daughter on netflix and she loved them. Then shortly after I received the item, netflix made the complete series available to view. What I didn't like about the DVD set is that there is no option for closed caption/subtitle. I show most of the shows to my daughter with subtitle (she is a very advanced reader) and the fact that there is no option for the subtitle is a bummer. Netflix does have that option. But even with this negative point, I still give the set five stars. My daughter is learning so much. I would recommend this set to anyone considering the purchase. Well spent $40. I am very satisfied.
on March 15, 2013
Comments:Disc 3 doesn't work properly. You can't access the disc menu. The disc auto plays the first episode and then shuts off preventing access to any other episodes, if there are any on this disc (there are supposed to be several episodes). We haven't tried all the discs, but many of them and they've all worked fine and we've enjoyed watching those although we wish it had closed captioning or subtitles for our hearing impaired child.
on January 1, 2017
My 7-year-old said to me "mom, not only are these fun to watch but I'm learning stuff too!"

I substitute teach elementary school and will be keeping at least one disk in my sub bag for those moments when we run out of things to do.
on February 19, 2016
This is a wonderful educational tv show. I watched it when I was little. Nowadays the new cartoons are not as meaningful as the ones I watched when I was young. The old cartoons always teach kids something, unlike the cartoon now just being goofy.

My daughter loves the magic school bus too now. I enjoy watching the show again with her. She learns different science subjects from the show. This is a great set. I wish they made more good show like this.
on September 22, 2013
I bought these for my wife to use in her classroom. The content is great as always, but as we got farther into the disk series the sound had problems. Starting with disk 4 there is no background music or sound effects. Unfortunately, by the time this was discovered it was past Amazon's return date. I have spent a lot of time trying to get these disks replaced but have had no luck.
It seems from other reviews that I'm not the only person to experience this problem.
If you get this set make sure to review each disk for problems as soon as you get it so it can be returned.
on December 28, 2016
Bought this DVD set for one of my son's X-mas gift. After opening we have played 3 different DVDs and one of the three is defective, Only played first Episode and it stopped working. Have not played the rest of the set but I'm not happy that one of the 3 DVDs isn't showing but one Episode so Disappointed because my son's loves these!
on April 5, 2016
My daughter has recently become interested in all these random things that I learned in school but can't necessarily explain them the best and honestly can't remember all of it the best. So I thought she might like the Magic School Bus I always did when I was a kid it didn't feel like I was learning but just enjoy your movie. This movie got here quickly as scheduled it was an awesome price she absolutely loves them and I do too we're both learning things I think