Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services GimmeDanger GimmeDanger GimmeDanger  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Elton John Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 89 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 100 reviews
on December 22, 2015
I had crazy high hopes for this rain jacket. I read almost every review and the ones that had low stars, I assumed they were sweating in the jacket. I figured there was no way water would be getting through this thing, especially brand new!! I wore it today at work (I am an arborist) and it did pretty awesome for about 45 mins. After 4 hours in a light rain I took the jacket off to get in the truck and realized that the inside was soaked. It was wet all along the shoulders and the waist. This was a very light rain, almost a heavy mist. I was wearing a fleece underneath it and did not feel the water through that. I know for a fact I did not sweat, and no way in hell I sweat through the fleece. This is a rain jacket. It has one purpose. It does not do what it is made for. Check my pics. Note: these pictures were taken after I arrived back to our shop, when I removed the jacket on the job site there was water everywhere a dark spot is. Enough water that I needed a towel to dry out the inside of my rain jacket.
review image review image
22 comments| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 17, 2012
The website is quite confusing on the products. The womens' & mens' are all in the same web site. I bought one for myself and another one for my husband and that's how I found out the difference. If there is a zipper near the Marmot logo, then it is a man. The woman jacket has only side pockets. The man's is more boxy look but the woman's has a shape to it.

I bought a woman's Team Red (it's a VERY bright red colour), size S. Measurements:
inner armpit to the bottom of the jacket :17"
inner left armpit to inner right armpit: 20"
inner armpit to the end of the sleeve: 21.5"

A man's black, size L. Measurements:
inner armpit to the bottom of the jacket length:18"
inner left armpit to inner right armpit: 24"
inner armpit to the end of the sleeve: 23"

I hope this helps.
11 comment| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 8, 2012
I use this jacket to commute by bike to work, and I've had it for about a month. For biking specifically, it's really great - it has a slim fit so that it isn't blowing in the wind, it has nice long sleeves (I have long arms and so my wrists end up cold if I'm riding a bike), and the hood tucks nicely behind your head so that it doesn't catch the wind. The jacket is long enough that it isn't riding up your back when you're on a bike - though it doesn't have the extra long back like you find with bike-secific jackets (which I don't like). I wear a Marmot light jacket underneath, and then just a T-shirt, and I've been comfortable down to about 35-40 degrees so far.

Fit - I'm 6'2" 165 pounds, and the large fits me perfectly. This isn't a baggy bulky jacket. It has a minimal weight to it, but feels substantial enough to be more than just a rain coat. It's truly a wind-proof water proof shell (thanks to Hurricane Sandy, I know this for sure!). As an outer layer, I think this thing will get me through the winter.

I don't really have any negatives to say about it.
on March 2, 2017
Failed after a 15 minute dog walk, completely soaked through the shoulders. It's past the window for a return, so now I'm stuck with a rain jacket that literally cannot block a minor bit of rain.
on November 6, 2016
I am very disappointed with this jacket. I took this jacket for a trip overseas and it has been raining in my actual location during the last few days, I have used this jacket under moderate rain in three occasions, and each time I got wet on my back and arms. This jacket is not a waterproof jacket. As I show in the attached pictures, this jacket leaks water through the base of the hood and through the sleeves; thus my back and arms get complete wet.
In the Marmot web page, this jacket is listed under the category of “Waterproof Shells”. This jacket do not perform as stated in the description. I trust the promise offered to costumers regarding the specifications and performance of this jacket. I bought this jacket trusting I was getting what it was advertised: a waterproof shell. Be aware, it is not waterproof. If you are looking a jacket to keep you dry, look somewhere else, this is not the jacket you need.
review image review image review image
on March 10, 2016
I've had this jacket out in several rainstorms while hiking, and it has kept me completely dry every time. I've also done some backpacking in this jacket in the mountains, and it seems pretty breathable. The jacket fits good overall, but I wish the torso portion was a bit longer. I got a medium and can comfortably fit a hooded sweatshirt underneath the jacket, but not much more than that (I'm a 5' 11" male, 155 lb). However, my sweatshirts usually stick out of the bottom of the jacket an inch or two.
on February 15, 2013
It's definitely minimalist. If you need a gore-tex rain coat for the min price this is your solution. Make sure to buy one size up from usual as they run small, especially on the bottom.
on July 3, 2013
I am very happy with my Marmot Minimalist Jacket. On a hunch, I ordered a size larger than I usually do and the fit is great! I would recommend that anyone ordering this product may want to go a size larger. The fit is comfortable and look is great. And, it is totally water-proof, as promised and not water-resistant! And I love the color!
on December 6, 2012
Bought this jacket for the rainy season in Costa Rica, works really well. Bought the L size, I'm 1.75mts in height and fits perfectly.
on November 17, 2015
Perfect just

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.