Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Price:$219.00 - $243.97

Showing 1-10 of 19 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 30 reviews
on December 3, 2014
The wrong type of cool!!
Pros.
• Strength-When pitched and fully guyed out this tent feels strong and capable of withstanding harsh conditions.
• Free - Footprint and gear loft are included free.
• Weight - at 5lbs. is still acceptable for single person carry and good for a tent of this size. Weight does increase to near 6lbs if
you decide to carry the footprint which is I think the upper limit for single carriage on a 3 season tent for extended trips.
• Two colour options - green is very good option if you wish to blend into the countryside while orange is excellent where higher
visibility may be the preferred option (mountain use etc.)
• Pitching options- free standing tent which can be pitched using only flysheet and footprint or just using the tent body only in
warm conditions.

Con. (there's only one)
• Cool if temperature is in single figures C or low 40F combined with wind.
I used this tent and found that when there is cool air combined with wind due to the placement of the lower mesh areas the
wind blows around your head and is very uncomfortable. I had to use my rucksack to block the wind moving through the tent
behind me head area. My view is that without some type of modifications to the positioning of the mesh areas this tent is not
really suitable for cooler climate use. It would excel on the other hand in warmer conditions.

It is a pity as I am convinced with careful redesign of the inner it would be possible to rearrange the mesh so as to
achieve the required air circulation to help with condensation and cooling when used in warm conditions while still maintaining
cool air protection closer to the sleeping camper if used where the temperatures are lower. If this can be achieved Marmot will
have a much more versatile and I believe 5 star product on hand. Lets see what future updates to this tent bring.

Hope this helps - and of course happy travels.

Michael
on August 5, 2014
This tent is an incredible value for the $$$. We have owned the Marmot Limelight (2) for just over a year and can vouch for the following features:

• Waterproof – it kept us dry through coastal storms in April, and through a mountain downpour in September
• Footprint – successfully protected our tent and sleeping pads, and kept the mud on the ground
• Interior space – fits my partner and I, our sleeping pads and clothing with room to stretch
• Easy set-up – takes under 5 minutes and is easy for one person to assemble
• Lightweight – slightly heavier than some competitors, but it's very easy to divide between packs
• Gear loft – awesome for keeping valuables and hanging our flashlight after dark to light the tent
• D-shaped door – can be a struggle to crawl over my partner at night, but otherwise easy to get in and out
• Vestibule – can fit one large pack but won't keep your gear completely dry in a storm – fly is too short
• Bag – this is the first tent that we've used that actually fits in the bag with room to spare
• Breathability – excellent, even on hot nights the ventilation under the fly is fantastic
• Easy to clean – our tent survived a murder of pooping crows and a break-and-enter by racoons

We do wish that the fly opened on the opposite side, and that the vestibule provided more coverage in rain. It is large enough to keep our shoes dry, but packs had to be snug against the tent to avoid splash-up from under the fly. The tent does breathe well but it's a no-brainer to pack for the outside temperature.

Tips: When pitching the tent, it's worth taking a minute to stake it out to increase ventilation. If you are expecting rain, pitch the tent on pine needles or leaves to avoid mud splash-up. For mountainous or rocky terrain, I recommend purchasing some stronger stakes – Marmot's aren't bad but they will bend if really forced into rocky ground.

Our favourite accessory for this tent has been the Black Diamond Voyager Lantern which can be hung from the gear loft:
on February 1, 2016
So far I love it. Set it up in the house and it went up in no time. Which is great after a long day hiking or canoeing. My gear fits for sleeping with room left over.
on March 4, 2017
Best tent
on November 30, 2012
I've never been in a tent in my life, but I tested this one out at a local REI and a friend recommended it. It was very easy to use, enter into, get out of, put together, take down, put back together again (if you ever have to break it down because of boar rampages or anything crazy like that). It's a 2-person tent so it was spacious enough. I'm 5'8" so I didn't feel like my feel too tall for it. It's just a great product. It was like my little apt in the woods.
on June 14, 2016
My son's tent. Used every night for a 5 month trip. Perfect. Get the footprint though.
on October 6, 2015
Beautiful..
on June 6, 2014
Such a great tent to have for backpacking. It's a two person, but it's a tight fit. Amazing quality, but what else would you expect from Marmot. Worth every penny. I own several Limelight tents and have had them all out in major storms. I've even had puddles form under my tent. Guess what, STILL no water came in from underneath. I was even thinking a little would, but no, not even a drop. Impressed. This tent is so light that you can put the whole thing together and toss it in the air and it literally floats down to the ground. Very rigid frame as well. BUY THIS
on August 5, 2013
I purchased this tent for my bug out bag, It is light and very quick to put up. As far as Toughness, well I set it up in my guest bedroom and allowed my 18-month-old grandson to sleep in it for three days, he played in it like the wild man that he is, and absolutely nothing was broken or destroyed. It will be TIGHT to get two adults in this comfortably. Better if it had two doors with To vestibules. But it was nice for my solo trips
on March 20, 2013
Tent is extremely easy to set up. Great for one person, a tight fit for two but doable. Construction is high quality and the fact that the fly and footprint are included is a great bargain. I have only used it with the fly installed, but the screening on the dome will eventually be very useful for a night under the stars in good weather. A bit on the heavy side for backpacking but the quality is hard to beat.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.