Top positive review
25 people found this helpful
Best tent for two!
on August 5, 2014
This tent is an incredible value for the $$$. We have owned the Marmot Limelight (2) for just over a year and can vouch for the following features:
• Waterproof – it kept us dry through coastal storms in April, and through a mountain downpour in September
• Footprint – successfully protected our tent and sleeping pads, and kept the mud on the ground
• Interior space – fits my partner and I, our sleeping pads and clothing with room to stretch
• Easy set-up – takes under 5 minutes and is easy for one person to assemble
• Lightweight – slightly heavier than some competitors, but it's very easy to divide between packs
• Gear loft – awesome for keeping valuables and hanging our flashlight after dark to light the tent
• D-shaped door – can be a struggle to crawl over my partner at night, but otherwise easy to get in and out
• Vestibule – can fit one large pack but won't keep your gear completely dry in a storm – fly is too short
• Bag – this is the first tent that we've used that actually fits in the bag with room to spare
• Breathability – excellent, even on hot nights the ventilation under the fly is fantastic
• Easy to clean – our tent survived a murder of pooping crows and a break-and-enter by racoons
We do wish that the fly opened on the opposite side, and that the vestibule provided more coverage in rain. It is large enough to keep our shoes dry, but packs had to be snug against the tent to avoid splash-up from under the fly. The tent does breathe well but it's a no-brainer to pack for the outside temperature.
Tips: When pitching the tent, it's worth taking a minute to stake it out to increase ventilation. If you are expecting rain, pitch the tent on pine needles or leaves to avoid mud splash-up. For mountainous or rocky terrain, I recommend purchasing some stronger stakes – Marmot's aren't bad but they will bend if really forced into rocky ground.
Our favourite accessory for this tent has been the Black Diamond Voyager Lantern which can be hung from the gear loft: