Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on February 23, 2014
Marvel has dipped a bit into Anime and I decided I had to get a look for myself. Naturally, Wolverine got his own, 12 episode series. The series starts off with he and the love of his life, Mariko Yashida, on a boat together when Mariko is taken. When he finally finds her, Logan discovers she is betrothed to another, at the insistence of her father, Shingen. For those who have read the comics, events in here have some resemblance to the Wolverine limited series as well as some parts of the Wolverine regular series from years ago. We do get to see some other villains, such as Omega Red show up.

I am a big time Wolverine fan. I have been for years now. I did like the series, but I have some issues with it too. There is lots of action and plenty of Logan putting bad guys into a "world of hurt". We get to see some cool characters such as Yukio cause some havoc. What bothers me most, however, is how Logan is portrayed but I will explain.

Prior to watching this series, I watched the Anime X-Men series (which is awesome). In that series, they did a great job with the voices and the dialogue matched very well with how the characters, including Wolverine, are portrayed in the comics (or at least how they were in the 80's and 90's, I haven't collected in about 14 years). Wolverine in this series probably has one of the worst voice overs they could have chosen. It just doesn't match with the Logan that we know (or any of the voices in other animated series he has been in). He is smaller framed and thinner in this series too. It was almost as if I couldn't see him as Wolverine until he popped his claws out.

The voices in general didn't come nearly as close to the quality they found for the Anime X-Men series. I know Anime in general has some lousy voice overs anyway, to the point where it is kind of funny and that is one allure of anime. It doesn't ruin the show, but it definitely does detract. Again, part of my problem is that they did it right with X-Men so I feel as though they could have done it right here.

Overall, it's a good series and it's pretty cheap here. Wolverine fans should certainly consider getting this.
on January 16, 2015
If you are a fan of Wolverine, then you will hate (I repeat H-A-T-E) this!!! Nothing like wolverine at all! He is tall not short. Skinny not stocky. Wiley not grizzle. And arrogent not mysterious. Every typical anime character wrapped into one stereotypical bundle. The series itself is boring. Not even any gore. No chameo appearneces (except Omega Red and some U-Men.... psssh. U-Men! Ha!!!) It is a waste of time! Get the X-Men anime instead!!! The X-Men anime is AWESOME and true to the charectars and story line! This is just generic and rushed. Just some pwoplw trying to cash in on the popularity of Wolverine. Buy X-Men anime instead!!!
One person found this helpful
on May 4, 2018
I get that this is a anime interpretation of Wolverine but it's not my Logan or even Ultimate Logan. Not really a fan of this version. The anime version in X-Men was better really.
on June 11, 2015
I was really disappointed by this series. I first watched the XMen anime, which I generally liked. It wasn't amazing but it was reasonably good. Based on that, I picked up the other animes and watched them in order (Iron Man and then Wolverine). Iron Man was a little lacking, and I initially enjoyed the differences in Wolverine based on the first few episodes.

Beyond those first episodes, however, the series really started to drag. The story was fairly lame, and the action scenes got to be pretty tedious and boring. Wolverine was generally unphased by any attack against him, and the motivations of all the other characters was so one dimensional that it was hard to really have any interest in them. They seemed to exist solely for the purpose of being collateral damage since Wolverine is basically immortal.

I can't really recommend this series to anyone. The past week that I have been watching the show I have honestly been dreading it, but wanted to power through. It became a chore. Everything after the 4th episode (Omega Red) felt really tedious to me, especially everything with Hell Road.
4 people found this helpful
on June 5, 2016
Wolverine in Japan with some great story and action. For 4 hours of content you cannot beat the price. I do kinda miss the Xmen costume sometimes though.
One person found this helpful
on August 16, 2015
This anime version of Wolverine is very good. Now its not for kids for Saturday morning toons. Teens and adults recommended since it a lot of graphic violence, but with good reason. And the cool thing is how I would depict Wolverine exactly how gritty as he supposed to be. A lot of good story and action fight scenes throughout the series here on 2 discs. This is about Wolverines Japanese connections so naturally it all takes place in Japan. A fitting idea to make an anime version too right?
on June 5, 2013
Being a big fan of anime, I couldn't pass this up. Done very well especially the original Japanese voice cast though whoever picked Milo ventimiglia to do Wolverine in the English dub is one of the worst choices in anime dubbing(he's not even a dang anime voice actor like Steve Blum). However, the rest of the dub went alright for me and madhouse did an amazing job with the animation as usual.
on August 31, 2016
The wolverine video storyline and plot was enticing and interesting, so I did not lose in the video. The animation was very life like, which I really like when the animation is more human like in the movements and life like drawings. The fight scenes were very exciting and I was drawn into the action. Loved it.
on August 23, 2015
I did not like this series. I bought it thinking I would like it like all of the other Wolverine animations that I have seen. It now just sits on my shelf...
|11 comment|Report abuse
on May 10, 2013
Yet another great anime from japan with marvel. Wolverine anime is great, and as a matter of fact, the new Wolverine movie is possibly based on this. The actor that did the american voice of wolverine is the guy that played as Peter Petrelli from Heroes. Makes wolverine sound young.