Amazon Business Books with Buzz STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning _ros _ros _ros  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Paul McCartney Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Color: Black|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,023 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,442 reviews
on November 6, 2012
I bought this for my wife for her birthday so that she could enjoy quick, easy coffee in the morning and on weekends. It is every bit as good as a Keurig as far as brewing quality and works with the Keurig My K-Cup accessory. The only criticism I have is the official Keruig brewers that I have used heat the water as soon as you power them on and then reheat the next batch of water as soon as the current cup has finished brewing so that there is very little if any lag between one cup and the next one. This brewer heats the water when you start brewing so there is a few minute wait between pushing the button to brew a cup and actually getting the cup. This is pretty small, but we do miss the immediacy in brewing of the Keurig-branded machines.

I would also like to comment on others' notes that the reservoir for the water is smaller than similarly-sized k-cup brewers so it is very important that you remember to keep it full. I just fill my mug with water and pour that water in before starting the brewing, doesn't bother me at all.

TL;DR This is an excellent product that we are very happy with, the Keurig brewers are nicer but cost considerably more.
11 comment| 183 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 5, 2015
It was a fine coffee maker. While it lasted. First I'll list the Pros and Cons, then the failure.

Pros:
Smaller footprint than the full sized Keurig.
Much quieter than a Keurig.
Makes coffee that tastes the same as a Keurig.

Cons:
Takes 3 times as long to heat up compared to a Keurig.
Only holds enough water for 2 cups.
Feels flimsy.
The lid for the K-Cup is tough to open and close compared to a Keurig.

The Failure:
After 5 months it won't pass water through at all. It's been a couple of weeks since I used it and I was just going to run some water through to keep it clean. I cleaned the water canister and refilled it with clean filtered water (not straight tap or distilled, just PUR filtered). You can hear the brewer heating the water, and then the pump kicks on. But nothing comes out. I've tried cleaning the needles, I've even taken the upper needle head out and tried clearing the tubes. Nothing.

I've sent an inquiry to Jarden (Parent company of Mr. Coffee) in regards to how to file for a warranty claim. But I have a sneaking suspicion it won't be worth it as I'm sure I'll have to pay for shipping, and then be without it for a couple of months.

If the brewer ends up being fixed, I'll update this review. If it had never had this problem I would have rated it at 4-Stars.

UPDATE 5/6/2015
I received a response from Mr. Coffee (Jarden) saying that simply based upon the information I provided they are shipping me a replacement brewer. They do not want the old one back. That's a great customer experience with amazing service. A lot of companies could take note from them on how to do it. So I've updated to 4-Stars as promised.
on December 6, 2013
I bought this from Target before I ever used an actual Keurig machine. I love it. I bought this one for my father (and me) while I stayed at his house for a month to do house hunting, because I couldn't imagine living without coffee and didn't want to brew it old school.

I've also used a legit Keurig machine to brew my coffee. To be honest, it takes a little while longer to brew than a Keurig brand machine. I'm not sure about the exact time, because I didn't time it. But, I'd guess it's around five minutes. However, I've had a lot of problems with coffee grinds in my coffee using the legit Keurig, even after cleaning out the k-cup holder and pre-piercing the k-cup itself (as I explain below).

I have only had one problem with this machine, and I easily fixed it by googling the problem. I would put a ridged k-cup into the machine and hit brew. It would sound like it was brewing, but nothing would happen. After a lot of frustration and internet searching, I discovered that the trick is to pre-pierce the k-cup before closing the lid and brewing. I place the k-cup into the holder and pierce it on the bottom while setting it into place. Then I almost close the lid, being sure to pierce the foil on top and close it up. I havent' had a problem since. Prepping the k-cup this way has also helped prevent coffee grounds from getting to my cup.

I don't really understand the whole "it's not quite a Keurig" reviews, because I'd rather spend less than a hundred bucks on a silly coffee machine than have a name brand machine. And even though I have to perform extra prep to get a cup of coffee, it's a habit now and not time-consuming anyway.

I think this would be good for someone who wants a machine that does the same thing as a similar machine for much less $.
on October 17, 2016
I absolutely love this little machine. I have only had it a few days, and used it about 2 times. I was a little skeptical at first, since it was not an all out Keurig. But, I was pleasantly surprised.

First of all, I have experience with a couple different Keurigs, never been much impressed with either one of those, and they were well over $100 bucks each. This one works so much better, the drip is strong and fast. As others have mentioned, it takes about a good 2 minutes from pressing brew to actually getting your cup of coffee, not a huge issue, I can do other stuff while it's being made. The reservoir is very easy to remove and fill, it "snaps" in place enough that it feels secure, and it's right on top, and that helps too. It has 2 brew sizes 6 oz. and 10 oz. The lights on the machine are really bright. The bottom tray is removable to fit a bigger travel cup. The reservoir holds 24 ounces, good enough for 2 person household.

So far, no leakage issues as others have mentioned. Some people say, it helps to remove the reservoir, in order to prevent leakage, when filling.I have to as it sits below my counter. It is too early to tell of any issues.

It is just like a full on Keurig, it has the handle to open and pop your k-cup in. Not sure if it's all machines or just mine: in order to snap the lid closed on the k-cup requires me to hold the bottom of the lid, as it is a tight snap to get it closed, and I feel as though not holding it will cause it to tip forward. Not a big deal, at least you know it's closed but, this could be an issue for someone with arthritis. Again, it's not a full keurig. The seal around the edge does not appear to be completely flush, not a big issue. The coffee is brewed just fine.

I did not measure it myself but, from the product info it's around 12 x 7 x 12, or so. I am including a link to a k-cup organizer that should fit it just fine. I should receive it tomorrow. I really like this Brewer, it's small and takes up very little real estate.
Lipper International 1-Tier Coffee Drawer Stand, Black

Oh, and it's not very loud, compared to some of its counterparts. So that's also a plus. It's also super light-weight. When I got the box, I was worried there was nothing inside, that's how light it was, I was not deterred as it functioned beautifully.

I have included a picture, the cup i used is about 11 oz, not sure though. I made a 10 oz. brew and there was, maybe, about 1/2 inch or less of space at the top. I used the Maxwell House Breakfast Blend light brew MAXWELL HOUSE Breakfast Blend K-CUP Pods - 18 count

Last note, this was $30.00. I'm a bit of a tightwad, so I would probably not have paid anymore than that, but honestly, regular price of around $45.00 is still worth it. You are not purchasing a $100 dollar machine, so do not expect it to perform as such. This is right on point for price, it's a worthwhile buy.

Edit: I added a few more pictures now that I received my organizer.
review image review image review image
on January 22, 2016
Before I purchased this brewer, I read the reviews on it and was really impressed. I was afraid that the coffee was going to come out tasting like plastic like our old one did that made coffee by the pot so I was pleasantly surprised to find it doesn't. I also ordered a pack of the 6 Generic Solo Coffee Pod Filters that fit it so I could use regular ground coffee in it as the pods can get very expensive. I get 5 cups of coffee per pod as I like mine not strong or real dark. I have also found that there is only a little of oil from the coffee but don't know if the is because of the kind of coffee or because of the size cups it makes.

You can make 2 different sizes. I always make the 10 oz size in the travel mugs and never have a splash problem. Sometimes I forget and use a regular size coffee cup and still have no splash. But, if you use the smaller mugs you normally use for tea, you will have some splashing as your cup isn't big enough or tall enough. Keeping these thoughts in mind, you don't have to clean up the drain/base unit.

Some have felt that being plastic it was flimsy but it's not at all. No it's not heavy duty like the Keurig units that are double and triple the cost however, it is made by Keurig.

I'm really glad I decided on this one.
on January 11, 2014
I was excited to receive this coffee maker when I ordered it. I wanted a single serve brewer, but I did not want to spend a ton! This coffee maker uses Keurig technology and works great. The reservoir holds enough water for several cups of coffee, but we tend to put more in after every use. It takes about 1 minute for the water to heat up, but it brews very quickly after that. The coffee only takes about 10 seconds to brew. The first few cups of coffee tasted a little like plastic ( although I had run about 3 cycles of water through), but the subsequent cups have tasted great. This coffee maker gets a lot of use in our home and we are very pleased with this purchase. I would buy another one if this one ever quit working. The price is right and the coffee is great!
on February 16, 2014
Right out of the box this product was doomed. It smelled like a toxic cleaning product. After washing the tank and drip numerous times I was hopeful that it would be fixed. I tried 6 different cups of coffee and they all tasted terrible. After reading numerous reviews online I tried vinegar to dilute the tank and ran a few cycles of water as well, nothing worked. It's currently gathering dust on my counter top. Too bad my husband didn't read the other reviews before using my account to purchase this product for me. I wouldn't have even added it to my cart.
on December 17, 2015
Sadly, this machine is a piece of garbage (literally for me-mine is in the dumpster today!) ! I bought this machine as a cheap replacement for my Keurig which died after 5 years. I love the convenience of K-cups and thought "Mr. Coffee" is a great brand.
A few months ago it just stopped pulling water. I can fix anything, so I followed extensive troubleshooting tips from Mr. C customer service as well as Googling similar problems. It seems really common for this machine to get gunked up with coffee, which necessitates cleaning with a paper clip. After multiple attempts and multiple steps, it limped along for another few months. A few weeks ago-during my college FINALS, it died again. Stopped pulling water although power lights were on, etc. THIS time I even took it apart according to a YouTube video suggesting a problem with the plastic tubing. Nothing.
It is just a cheap, crappy machine. Spend the extra money and get a quality machine. Avoid this one and avoid disappointment and frustration.
on November 13, 2012
This coffee maker was purchased for once-a-day use by a mature adult. In less than six months, it began leaking. When contacting Jarden Consumer Solutions, the company providing warranty service, a new coffee maker was promised and return shipping was to be included. The new coffee maker was a cheaper model with fewer features, and the shipping label provided was not prepaid. The prepaid label arrived after the non-working model had been returned. The company then agreed to pay for only slightly more than half the shipping costs. Friendly customer service personnel, but resolution of problem was far less than satisfactory. This company produces many brands-- Crock-Pot, FoodSaver, Oster, Rival, Seal-a-Meal, and Sunbeam to name a few. The reputation of a company is important to me. Replacing a defective product with an inferior model and not following through with service promises (or not presenting clear information about return procedures) is a deal breaker in my mind.

UPDATE
Six months after writing this review, the company called to resolve the issue. They offered to send the original style of brewer ordered or the next model up. They also offered to pay the original return shipping. The original replacement, even with fewer features, has made coffee consistently. Hopefully the new one will, too.
88 comments| 139 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2013
I bought this machine to save some money. I like it and it makes a good cup of coffee. My only complaints are that I wish the water reservoir held more and that I could use the self fillable K cups. I only have tried the Ekobrew... so maybe there is one
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse