Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wildgame Innovations Infrared Digital Scouting Camera 4.0- Megapixel
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports

on October 12, 2012
Pictures are good. Speed is a little slow. I have two complaints. First the display is very difficult to read (especially for old eyss). The fonts are tiny. Second, on several occassions I thought the camera was set and ready to take pictures, only to come back a week later and find out it was not set. It is not obvious when it is set. Very disappointing.
on December 21, 2012
Overall this is a quality camera and worth the money. I have bought and deployed three of them with good success. Two drawbacks should be noted however. 1) while it is relatively easy to set the paramters, the screen and type size are incredibly small and very hard to read. I actually use a magnifying glass. 2) make sure your expectation is to get a reasonable quality digital image that is certainly adequate to learn what activity is taking place. The camera at night is slow, so moving animals often leave a white streak in the photo where their eyes are reflecting the infrared rays. Not an issue for hunters but perhaps more so if you want to frame and display your images. The same is true for the color shots in the daylight - very reasonable but not frameable photo quality. Dusk and dawn shots are a bit hit and miss as the camera decides whether to use color or b/w infrared images. All in all an excellent value camera for hunters or ranchers given the reasonable cost. I would certaily recommend it based on three years of use of this and very similar models.
on February 21, 2013
Have used this camera for two weeks and it works fine. A few of the photos taken at night are blurred but that is normal. I like it so well that I bought another one for my son. It does have small print on settings screen (use your reading glasses) Photo quality is very good day or night
on December 6, 2012
This ia a good camera for the price. It takes good pictures and so far the batteries have held out for over 2 months. The only reason I did not rate this product with 5 stars is due to the location of the power button. It is too close to the latch and i have inadverently hit it a couple of times while removing the sd card.
on February 21, 2014
Price was ehhh Ok I did buy 2 so can't complain too much
I did want the infrared Did not know anything about it. sooo..... I bought so I could monitor who walks through my yard I would have put up security camera but require power at camera's Not convient so this was but........You better have a lot of AA's on hand cause you'll go through them pretty quick "if" you don't get it set right.
Trouble comes when you "think" you've got it set up right then something else changes. It's All in understanding the set up manual and the verbage of the "how to" a lil over a year gone by and one is acting up the other works ok but now it's time to check again and monitoring all the photos is time consuming So bottom line is understand the personality of your product
on October 31, 2013
These are great little cameras for the money. Live in north Florida so the climate isn't extreme, but one of these cameras left out took over 1100 pictures before the batteries died, most of those with flash. Not sure how long the batteries had been in previously either. And, this was not a one time experience, had just a few shy of 900 pictures on it just prior to that on a set of batteries that had been in the camera for over 2 weeks when it started that run.

Customer Service is great to work with as well.

Have tried 4 - 5 different brands of cameras to date, some of the more popular ones in fact, have yet to find a camera that comes anywhere close to the Wildgame Innovations camera. Since this purchase, have purchased 2 more in 8 megapixel. I'm sold; love this little camera!!
on February 16, 2013
wild Game Innovations have a great item here and after buying a cuddle and going through the stress of dealing with the tech. support and in the end just owning a piece of plastic junk made me look in and reaching a lot of cameras I now own four of them.
on August 7, 2013
The product came in a timely fashion and product packaging was neat and undamaged. The camera works well and have used it on several of the sensitivity setting, picture quality settings, and intervals between shots. I am very satisfied with the quality of the pictures. I haven't used the video function so have no rating for that feature. The battery life is fair depending on the intervals, sensitivity, and quality settings of the pictures. The night shots are fair with anything approximately 20 yards anything further and its difficult to make out. The infrared flash works well as long as the batteries are new, after about 3 weeks batteries require chancing. Buttons and screen fonts are small but not to difficult to use. All thing considered I am very happy with the quality and functions of the camera.
on March 14, 2014
"I used it the first time and that day it took beautiful daylight pictures but only solid black night pictures. I called WGI Innovations and they said I would have to send the unit back to them, which I did. So now the unit has cost me $163.70 for the unit plus $13.50 shipping to send it back, a total of $177.20 without ever seeing one night shot. On top of which God knows when I will get it back. To be fair I can't give you a bad rating as much as I would like to give it to some one as the unit was in its original sealed pkg. I am upset as we have crossbred coyotes/wolves coming to our compost and this was the unit we were going to use to capture them on photos. As winter is almost over we don't think they will be around much longer.
Very Upset with the extra expense and possible lost photos for this year.
David R. Porter ".
on March 19, 2014
This is a pretty good trail cam, but when it's triggered it takes a full second or two, or even more to take the pic or start to record the vid, so you get a weird blob of movement that's unidentifiable and then all of a sudden the video starts. So you get pics with nothing on them to have triggered them (I tested this by running my hand across the trigger--got the picture, but my hand didn't show), and 30 seconds of video with nothing after the first weird blobby jump.

Works great if your subject stays right in front of the focus area after triggering it.