Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

IRIS Nesting Airtight Pet Food Container, Medium
Size: 10-Pounds|Style: Individual|Change

on July 10, 2016
In the great war between man vs. cat, there is and almost always must be an escalation of arms. The cats, our clever foes, consistently think of new ways to utilize their fantastic natural endowments to irritate humanity to ever-reaching heights. Man must strike back. We lack the stealth, patience, razor sharp claws, night vision and supreme agility to overcome the cats in a standoff of direct physical confrontation... but unbeknownst to the cats, we DO outwit them in our cunning.

By extracting the compressed, liquefied remains of our ancestors and refining them, we produce a cheap-yet-durable material that we have dubbed "plastic." It can be made both rigid and soft, and it's appearance and form are eminently and easily configurable. It is also impenetrable by domestic cat claws. Little is more infuriating than returning home from work and finding a gruesome scene - crumbs and kibble strewn about the kitchen, gushing from a certainly-doomed cat food bag whimpering in the corner.

Now you'll have to get a broom, sweep it all up, put it in the trash bag, and depending on what floor and how much cat food was lost, maybe even spring for some more cat food. Those jerks! Someone had a dream, though. They said, "That’s right, you know why, because we don’t have time for a city hall debate. I don’t want to hear the “man was not meant to meddle” medley. I see a suit of armor around the cat food." They got their top men on it, and before too long their work was complete. Escalation. A glimmer of hope in the unending war. A stop to the cat-food-shed of hundreds of thousands of cat food bags. Their grand design?

The 10-pound IRIS Airtight Pet Food container. Easy to open, easy to close, with a nice little foam seal around the edge. Best of all? Transparent. It TAUNTS your cats to fruitlessly attack it's three millimeter thick armor. Their claws are useless against it. TERRITORIES ARE HELD, and cat food (and money) is saved making YOUR LIFE BETTER.

So buy this. It's boxy, too, which looks nice.
286 helpful votes
287 helpful votes
99 comments|Report abuse
on July 8, 2016
This "airtight" food container is a load of crap. I bought it to keep ants out of our dogs food and this morning there were ants inside it and in the seam of the container where it's supposed to be "Airtight" . The seam around the container is just foam. It's complete bulls***.
review imagereview imagereview image
197 helpful votes
198 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on August 14, 2015
I use IRIS Products and this is not what I was expecting. As other reviewers have stated, the quality is not there and this is NOT airtight, because the plastic hinge towards the back is flimsy and does not snap firmly into place. This will be going back.
review imagereview image
118 helpful votes
119 helpful votes
on November 2, 2017
This one has a better seal than another Iris model I own (Blue lid, 35lb version). Though I haven't had any pest problems with either model, I don't have a pest problem in the whole house. I kind of doubt either would keep very small pests out. Just FYI, if it says 25lbs, it will not hold over 25lbs of food. I have small/medium-sized kibble and it will not fit the 27lb bags that I buy. Kinda bummed, but I took the risk and it's not worth mailing this back/buying a more expensive one/waiting for it to arrive. But in terms of weight, it'll hold much more than 25lbs even on the wheels. Reasonably well built. I guess a note for improvement might be to include wheels with locks? Even just two.
on January 14, 2016
Holds 50lbs of dry dog food and a scooper and a couple of small bowls. Arrived right on time in perfect condition. Wheels were packed inside and attach easy. Looks like it should keep the dog food fresh. It has an inner seal around the lid and a the latch will keep it closed.
review imagereview image
56 helpful votes
57 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on October 24, 2017
I bought the 50 lb tub to hold Costco sized amounts of dog food. My dog's food is super smelly, so I was keeping it outside to keep my apartment from smelling terrible, which is not a long term solution since winter is coming- leading me to buy this food container. Its a great product for the price. Initially, I thought the container wasn't going to be air tight or smell-proof since it doesn't feel like you get a good seal when you close it, but I have been keeping it in my small utility closet with no smell problems! I also like the wheels, I read that some people had problems with them breaking, but as long as you don't plop 35 or 50 lbs of food in there like a dummy then they wont break! It makes it much easier to wheel in and out of small places. Love it so far. I would say the only improvement I could suggest is making a stop feature on the lid, so that every time you open the lid it doesn't flip all the way over to the back.
on January 23, 2017
Airtight indeed! I purchased a couple of these to store my loose beer grain and they work quite well. Going on a few months now, both during hot and cold months and I've had no issue with the grain going bad. I'm sure these work equally well for petfood.
2 helpful votes
on July 25, 2017
This container is amazing! I always used to keep the dog food bag in the garage, but I didn't like the idea of bugs getting in or my curious kids spilling the bag just because that's what kids do. This lid has a foam seal, so I like that. The wheels are great because 50 lbs of kibble can be tough to more around if you know what I mean!
on May 19, 2017
With 3 hungry Coonhounds, we go through the dry kibble pretty fast. I love the Iris containers, being BPA-free and having a nice seal are two important differentiators with the other comparables I researched. Easy to refill into our Iris 10-lb. airtight pet food container which fits neatly on the pantry shelf. Very pleased with this purchase!
on June 30, 2016
Great product. It holds my dog's Royal Canin bags of food really well. I love that its short and rolls very easily for easy storage. My dog's don't even sniff around it or try and dig in it so the seal must be really good that the smell isn't obvious to them.

The assembly only involves popping the wheels on if you want them. No tools necessary. The lid and container are nice, thick plastic that feels sturdy and able to handle a dogs attempts at entry. The latch on the lid is nice too, feels strong and durable.

I would highly recommend this if you want a good quality product for a very reasonable price.
2 helpful votes
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.