Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 116 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 122 reviews
on November 30, 2012
I NEVER rate apps, BUT... In this case I feel the desire to. I am a soldier serving in Afgan, I served in Iraq as well and wish I would have had this for every tour!!! I am a very avid outdoors person and I miss my calm nature sounds from camping... THIS gives me a touch of that back. SANITY through sound I call it!!! I wish to thank the design and developement crew who created this, it is a very enjoyable app to escape into for a break from my "normal" world!!! Easy to use, great choices of sounds and works great on the Kindle Fire HD... Love the pictures included with the sounds too!!! Thanks guys (well and gals), This is my new best friend!!!
on July 19, 2012
This is one of the best sound machine apps and I own many of these apps.

This one offers over 2,000 sound choices and nice pictures to look at while your sound is playing.

One of my favorite parts of this is that they constantly offer new sounds that are sent in from customers. Like blizzards, city street sounds, there was even one from Hurricane Sandy...and you can try them before you download them. All are free too.

Every kind of sound from meditation to campfires and many you will not find anywhere else. Each category has several choices my real sound machine does not even offer this kind of variety!

Outstanding product much better than the others I have bought. I hope this company will start offering ambience videos someday!!!
on March 8, 2013
I really like this app. It offers more sound choices than any other sound generator app I own (4 currently, and I have tried several more). It offers excellent customization, allowing more layers than any other app. It has an option for users to record and submit their own sounds - there are over 1,000 sounds in the "Recordings" file alone above and beyond what are offered in the app itself. Most of the sound files are of a suffcient length and variability that looping is hardly discernable. Ambiance is an excellent background sound generator.

So why am I docking Ambiance a quarter-star? While I do use ambient sounds while reading or occasionally as an activity timer, my main purpose is as a sleep aid. I found Ambiance's controls a little less intuitive than one or two of my other sound apps. That beind said, the Dev has a pretty nice website with support available, so that helps mitigate any difficulties with the learning curve. Ambiance also tends to use up my battery quicker than other similarly purposed apps, so if I don't have it plugged into the charger I only use it for shorter periods of time.

If you want a good sound generator application with a HUGE library of sounds to choose from, this is the app for that. Definitely worth the purchase price.
on July 14, 2015
Ambience is excellent, there is nothing of its kind out there. I use it for creating soundscapes for various projects - there is virtually no limit to how you can use this app. My only complaint is that there appears to be no way to export your creations and you cannot mix user created sounds, which defeats the purpose of having them available in the first place. It would be nice to be able to save creations to a cloud or something since you can't export, I have lost some really cool stuff from having to reset my stupid freezing kindle. Otherwise, this app is 5 stars.
on May 15, 2012
I can't imagine an app like this being any better. I have a hard time getting to sleep without some sort of ambient noise. With this app I'm usually asleep in under 15 minutes, which is a big deal for me. its also great for my reading. This would also be an excellent tool for a Dungeon Master. This app almost makes me wish I pkayed D&D. The app works by letting you browse a huge library of looping sound clips, and when you find what you want you download it for later use. you can then play them whenever. they are seamless clips so they just keep playing until you want them to stop. some of the clips are pretty short thoug, so you may notice how they repeat. Its not an issue with most clips though. You need to be able to get on the internet to get more sounds, but once they are downloaded to your phone you can play them without a connection. The sounds are all exellent audio quality, though you may need to plug in some external speakers to actually take advantage of the great quality. I wouldn't say that everyone should go and bug this app, but if your looking for ambient noise on your smart phone, or tablet you can't possibly do better than this.
on June 2, 2012
I really enjoy the many selections that can be chosen. Most of us use ambient noise to sleep, but, I also use it for reading and studying. I use these sounds while playing Mahjong, Sudoku, Words With Friends, Facebooking and reading. It sure enhances the tune out experience while riding public transportation, during lunchtime, waiting at the doctors office, riding in a car, whatever!! I am not as irritable because I am not focusing on the negativity of my surroundings. I even try to listen to themes relating to what I am reading. For my paranormal romance books, I listen to Sci-Fi ambient sounds, rain and thunderstorms while reading romance, etc... It can take reading or using a tablet to a whole other level.

My only complaint is that they need to make their train sounds a bit noiser. I LOVE train sounds, because it reminds me of the train trips I took as a child...the noise of the train relaxes me. And, it doesn't seem that we can mix our own combinations. I usually like to mix the train and thunderstorm sounds together. Otherwise, it is a great app.
on July 12, 2012
I liked the idea of this app so I purchased and downloaded to my Kindle Fire. However once the program is installed you must download each individual sound of your choice. There lies the problem. So far only one of the sounds have successfully downloaded to my Kindle. The download just keeps "working" and never finishes. If anyone has any helpful suggestions they would be appreciated. If not I will contact Amazon to credit me and delete from my Kindle.
on June 2, 2012
I like this app and the sounds are almost limitless, different, etc but the ones I really like that are looped "skip" between starting over again. I wear headphones so its noticeable to me but must people wont care and the sounds I like most wont even be pick. the "normal" sounds are fine (rain outside stuff etc)
on February 11, 2013
I downloaded this app for the rain sounds. The sound of rain and thunder seems to help me sleep more deeply. I love that there are many sounds to choose from and you don't have to choose just one. You can select several sounds and place them in a playlist and also set a timer for the length of time you want the sounds to play. They reason I give it 4 stars and not 5 is that you can tell when the sound loops at the end and starts over again. I wish the loop was seamless so the end and beginning can not be detected. Otherwise, this is a great product.
on June 28, 2015
I've just started using it. I do have a couple of other apps or soundtrack which I use to help me drift off to sleep. By nature I'm a night owl but even at that there are times when I cannot sleep especially if I have to wake early. Having set up some sounds I think will help I've found it soothing and calming. I need to explore it more. It may warrant another star in a while but for now it's fine.