Customer Reviews: SwissGear SA8733 15-Inch TSA Messenger Bag for Laptops and Tablets, Black
Amazon Vehicles 4-month subscription Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 $25 Back with $50 Purchase Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon pbskids pbskids pbskids  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Cycling on Amazon

VINE VOICEon January 27, 2013
Update on this review! Very frustrated with this bag. Over the past year, it has completely come apart It is fraying all over, But more importantly - The zippers have worn out and as a result I cannot open and close it reliably anymore. I would strongly recommend to get a different bag!

I am very satisfied with this bag, as a frequent traveler. I like to carry a lot of stuff - laptop, 2" binder, cords, etc, and this is perfect for me.

Good looking - the black bag with discrete logo is very attractive. I get compliments and questions where I got it.
Sturdy - Reinforced handles, well stiched.
Large capacity. The bag includes
- front easy access pouch - makes it easy to empty your pockets in TSA security checkpoints.
- 4 center pouches
1 holds a 2" binder,
2nd holds a laptop,
3 holds plenty of cords/chargers. I carry a laptop power cord, international power conversion kit, micro USB wall chargers/computer USB cable as well as iPhone 5 cables, car chargers, and other miscellany.
4th has pockets for pens, receipts, and documents.

- Side load - if you don't zip your bag properly, a risk - the side load means an open bag will let stuff fall out easier.
- Heavy - it is semi rigid and a little heavier as a result.
- Handle strap has come unconnected 2 times when picking it up - fluke? No consequences as was never mid-use, but slightly worrisome (but easily fixable - just add a climbing carabeener)

Overall - love it. It is a great laptop bag for someone looking to carry a lot but not willing to switch to a backpack. Very happy!
on October 7, 2012
This was much nicer than I thought it would be, as I got it for a very nice sale price. Great construction, lots of storage room, tons of zippered compartments. Thank You Amazon again.
on October 14, 2016
Item came on time but was unusually wrapped up. It was in good condition. However, it seemed like it was second hand possibly as the tags looked like they were a bit worn on it. Maybe someone bought it and intended to use it and then just never did. The item has been very useful rather than care some unusual carriers around this is a bit easier. It does fit my laptop but if unless you are going to go through security at the airport or courthouse slip the laptop in the back zipper which can be slid through the side. Do not use the wrap around zipper in the back... There is no velcro strap to hold the laptop in anywhere so if you forget and pickup the bag and the zipper is NOT shut then it could be you have a broken laptop on the floor. Have to be very careful with that. If you want to put Mouse Pad and power cord and Mouse in the back area with the full length underneath zipper that might be ok. Just not worth a broken laptop in my opinion. They really should have had it where the zipper came over the top instead of the bottom so all you have to do is zip it open show it to TSA and then go on to the Gates. Need a slight re-design on this one but as well a very nice useful Attache` Case - which is what I needed for law school.
on September 23, 2016
Mighty good quality construction, really good zippers, durable fabric and padding. Lose one star because, no matter how you load it, it won't stand up. Falls over every time, not stable like the photo shows. Wish they would reinforce-stiffen the 'floor' of it so it would stand up!
on February 8, 2013
I really wanted to like this bag. I used every day for a couple weeks, but I kept getting annoyed by the cutout for the handle at the top of the bag. When the snaps that closed and the flap are connected and the adjustment straps are pulled tight, it is hard to get my hand all the way around the handle. My fingers go underneath the flap and it isn't very comfortable. You could keep the adjustment straps loose, but it is just a pain. I went to staples and picked up a bag called the Elantra, that is more compact, has a built in binder and has a very comfortable handle. I recommend that one instead.
on November 22, 2014
This is a very useful bag. Lots of space and handy. The only thing I go like is the place where one would place their laptop. The zippers are on the bottom of the bag, meaning it's difficult if you don't actually use a laptop and would like to use the space for something else.
on April 17, 2016
Love it!! Even though it says it fits a 15 inch laptop, it fits my 17 inch perfectly. All the right pockets in all the right places. It even has a little key ring holder in one of the front pockets. Great investment for a great price!!
on February 4, 2015
I bought it for my husband and wish i would've bought him a backback. It is bulky and hard to get over his winter parka.The bag has been durable so far and holds everything that he uses to commute easily.
on March 16, 2016
I was impressed with the quality of this bag. It is very sturdy, durable and does exactly what I need. I use it to carry a 13" MacBook Pro along with textbooks, notebooks, etc. and it has plenty of room left over.

The only negative drawback is that the laptop pocket's zippers are in the side of the bag an not on the top. So, I am just going clip the two zippers together to prevent one from opening allowing the laptop to slip out. Other than that, this bag is perfect for what I need.
review image review image
on July 1, 2016
Best messenger bag I've owned so far (among about 10).
- great looking
- lots of compartments and pockets, and great variety in compartment sizes. Offers clean separation.
- easy on the shoulder. Very comfortable to carry.

One thing slightly annoying is the strap. Mine was a bit loose and a bit hard to keep it at my desired length. Whenever i shortened it, it extends back over the course of 1-2 days.