Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 38 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 43 reviews
VINE VOICEon January 27, 2013
Update on this review! Very frustrated with this bag. Over the past year, it has completely come apart It is fraying all over, But more importantly - The zippers have worn out and as a result I cannot open and close it reliably anymore. I would strongly recommend to get a different bag!

---
ORIGINAL REVIEW:
I am very satisfied with this bag, as a frequent traveler. I like to carry a lot of stuff - laptop, 2" binder, cords, etc, and this is perfect for me.

Positives:
Good looking - the black bag with discrete logo is very attractive. I get compliments and questions where I got it.
Sturdy - Reinforced handles, well stiched.
Large capacity. The bag includes
- front easy access pouch - makes it easy to empty your pockets in TSA security checkpoints.
- 4 center pouches
1 holds a 2" binder,
2nd holds a laptop,
3 holds plenty of cords/chargers. I carry a laptop power cord, international power conversion kit, micro USB wall chargers/computer USB cable as well as iPhone 5 cables, car chargers, and other miscellany.
4th has pockets for pens, receipts, and documents.

Negatves:
- Side load - if you don't zip your bag properly, a risk - the side load means an open bag will let stuff fall out easier.
- Heavy - it is semi rigid and a little heavier as a result.
- Handle strap has come unconnected 2 times when picking it up - fluke? No consequences as was never mid-use, but slightly worrisome (but easily fixable - just add a climbing carabeener)

Overall - love it. It is a great laptop bag for someone looking to carry a lot but not willing to switch to a backpack. Very happy!
on September 23, 2016
Mighty good quality construction, really good zippers, durable fabric and padding. Lose one star because, no matter how you load it, it won't stand up. Falls over every time, not stable like the photo shows. Wish they would reinforce-stiffen the 'floor' of it so it would stand up!
on December 16, 2016
The bag is nice and has lots of pockets for all your need, But i would find it hard to recommend to others cause of the condition it came in. Many of the seems are frayed and make me question how long this bag will last. Beyond that the bag is great and hope it will last.
review image review image review image review image review image
on March 15, 2013
Very nice bag, I use it on my daily commute to school.

Pros

Carries two text books, laptop, chargers, and notebooks, with plenty of space to spare.
Feels very together, made out of nice thick material.
The strap is connected by two pretty heavy duty hooks, so it can be taken off easily if desired.
It has 5 pockets or pouches including the one on the front flap, as well as some internal meshing to store smaller items.
It is also pretty water-proof. I walked about a mile through heavy rain-fall, and while the outside of the bag was pretty saturated, everything inside was perfectly dry.

Cons

The first 2 pockets have zippers that zip all the way down the side (I guess to make it easier to fit large items in), I find them a bit cumbersome, which results in me rarely using them.

All in all a very solid bag at a good price point, the main reason I purchased this is because I was getting tired of typical cloths bags ripping, or coming loose do to flimsy stitching/seams, I don't expect this to ever rip...
on March 16, 2016
I was impressed with the quality of this bag. It is very sturdy, durable and does exactly what I need. I use it to carry a 13" MacBook Pro along with textbooks, notebooks, etc. and it has plenty of room left over.

The only negative drawback is that the laptop pocket's zippers are in the side of the bag an not on the top. So, I am just going clip the two zippers together to prevent one from opening allowing the laptop to slip out. Other than that, this bag is perfect for what I need.
review image review image
on July 1, 2016
Best messenger bag I've owned so far (among about 10).
- great looking
- lots of compartments and pockets, and great variety in compartment sizes. Offers clean separation.
- easy on the shoulder. Very comfortable to carry.

One thing slightly annoying is the strap. Mine was a bit loose and a bit hard to keep it at my desired length. Whenever i shortened it, it extends back over the course of 1-2 days.
on April 17, 2016
Love it!! Even though it says it fits a 15 inch laptop, it fits my 17 inch perfectly. All the right pockets in all the right places. It even has a little key ring holder in one of the front pockets. Great investment for a great price!!
on February 8, 2013
I really wanted to like this bag. I used every day for a couple weeks, but I kept getting annoyed by the cutout for the handle at the top of the bag. When the snaps that closed and the flap are connected and the adjustment straps are pulled tight, it is hard to get my hand all the way around the handle. My fingers go underneath the flap and it isn't very comfortable. You could keep the adjustment straps loose, but it is just a pain. I went to staples and picked up a bag called the Elantra, that is more compact, has a built in binder and has a very comfortable handle. I recommend that one instead.
Good product, well finished. The only thing that I didn't like much was the outer pocket, that you can rebate. You could have an option to remove it from the rest of the bag of you wanted to.
on August 20, 2016
I bought this but returned it. The top is only for papers. Its small and wont fit much. The outside has a flap style cover which when opened, the bag opens on the bottom for the iPad or computer. Its a matter of preference, however I just like everything on one end.