Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SwissGear SA8733 15-Inch TSA Messenger Bag for Laptops and Tablets, Black
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports STEM

on October 7, 2012
This was much nicer than I thought it would be, as I got it for a very nice sale price. Great construction, lots of storage room, tons of zippered compartments. Thank You Amazon again.
VINE VOICEon January 27, 2013
Update on this review! Very frustrated with this bag. Over the past year, it has completely come apart It is fraying all over, But more importantly - The zippers have worn out and as a result I cannot open and close it reliably anymore. I would strongly recommend to get a different bag!

---
ORIGINAL REVIEW:
I am very satisfied with this bag, as a frequent traveler. I like to carry a lot of stuff - laptop, 2" binder, cords, etc, and this is perfect for me.

Positives:
Good looking - the black bag with discrete logo is very attractive. I get compliments and questions where I got it.
Sturdy - Reinforced handles, well stiched.
Large capacity. The bag includes
- front easy access pouch - makes it easy to empty your pockets in TSA security checkpoints.
- 4 center pouches
1 holds a 2" binder,
2nd holds a laptop,
3 holds plenty of cords/chargers. I carry a laptop power cord, international power conversion kit, micro USB wall chargers/computer USB cable as well as iPhone 5 cables, car chargers, and other miscellany.
4th has pockets for pens, receipts, and documents.

Negatves:
- Side load - if you don't zip your bag properly, a risk - the side load means an open bag will let stuff fall out easier.
- Heavy - it is semi rigid and a little heavier as a result.
- Handle strap has come unconnected 2 times when picking it up - fluke? No consequences as was never mid-use, but slightly worrisome (but easily fixable - just add a climbing carabeener)

Overall - love it. It is a great laptop bag for someone looking to carry a lot but not willing to switch to a backpack. Very happy!
on November 22, 2014
This is a very useful bag. Lots of space and handy. The only thing I go like is the place where one would place their laptop. The zippers are on the bottom of the bag, meaning it's difficult if you don't actually use a laptop and would like to use the space for something else.
on April 17, 2016
Love it!! Even though it says it fits a 15 inch laptop, it fits my 17 inch perfectly. All the right pockets in all the right places. It even has a little key ring holder in one of the front pockets. Great investment for a great price!!
on February 4, 2015
I bought it for my husband and wish i would've bought him a backback. It is bulky and hard to get over his winter parka.The bag has been durable so far and holds everything that he uses to commute easily.
on March 16, 2016
I was impressed with the quality of this bag. It is very sturdy, durable and does exactly what I need. I use it to carry a 13" MacBook Pro along with textbooks, notebooks, etc. and it has plenty of room left over.

The only negative drawback is that the laptop pocket's zippers are in the side of the bag an not on the top. So, I am just going clip the two zippers together to prevent one from opening allowing the laptop to slip out. Other than that, this bag is perfect for what I need.
review image review image
on July 1, 2016
Best messenger bag I've owned so far (among about 10).
- great looking
- lots of compartments and pockets, and great variety in compartment sizes. Offers clean separation.
- easy on the shoulder. Very comfortable to carry.

One thing slightly annoying is the strap. Mine was a bit loose and a bit hard to keep it at my desired length. Whenever i shortened it, it extends back over the course of 1-2 days.
on February 8, 2013
I really wanted to like this bag. I used every day for a couple weeks, but I kept getting annoyed by the cutout for the handle at the top of the bag. When the snaps that closed and the flap are connected and the adjustment straps are pulled tight, it is hard to get my hand all the way around the handle. My fingers go underneath the flap and it isn't very comfortable. You could keep the adjustment straps loose, but it is just a pain. I went to staples and picked up a bag called the Elantra, that is more compact, has a built in binder and has a very comfortable handle. I recommend that one instead.
on March 15, 2013
Very nice bag, I use it on my daily commute to school.

Pros

Carries two text books, laptop, chargers, and notebooks, with plenty of space to spare.
Feels very together, made out of nice thick material.
The strap is connected by two pretty heavy duty hooks, so it can be taken off easily if desired.
It has 5 pockets or pouches including the one on the front flap, as well as some internal meshing to store smaller items.
It is also pretty water-proof. I walked about a mile through heavy rain-fall, and while the outside of the bag was pretty saturated, everything inside was perfectly dry.

Cons

The first 2 pockets have zippers that zip all the way down the side (I guess to make it easier to fit large items in), I find them a bit cumbersome, which results in me rarely using them.

All in all a very solid bag at a good price point, the main reason I purchased this is because I was getting tired of typical cloths bags ripping, or coming loose do to flimsy stitching/seams, I don't expect this to ever rip...
on August 21, 2012
i have been thinking about buying a laptop carrying case for a while. this item was one of those gold box deals, so i took a chance. everything feels and looks good. a great deal at 55 dollars. it also has a ten year warranty.