Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 84 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 95 reviews
on August 5, 2016
I gave this item as a gift to a friend who had heart surgery. She has told me many times what a great cookbook this is, and has made several dishes from the cookbook. Both she and her husband are enjoying this gift.
on May 2, 2017
My nephew who just got his first apartment wanted a heart healthy cookbook. Pros: Looks nice. Big bound cookbook. Excellent price point. Nice pictures of the food. I trust Betty! Cons: A few of the recipes are unnecessarily complicated with unusual ingredients. Overall, happy with purchase! Also sent him a more basic cookbook to have along with it, and together they were a home run. Very pleased.
on July 6, 2015
Got this for my parents after my dad had bypass surgery, when they needed to make a few changes to their diet . For the price, it's great! None of the recipes are particularly mindblowing, but the book offers a great selection and it's very simple, clear and informative for someone who is adjusting to a heart healthy diet.
on November 12, 2012
After spending most of last year unable to walk, I got caught up with getting caught up with work and slowly realized that I hadn't lost any of the weight that I put on while I was unable to walk. In fact, I've gained a few more pounds. After a recent Dr visit, it was made clear that I now needed to put my focus on getting healthy again. So I've been on the search for good quality health food. Hence, the purchase of the Betty Crocker Healthy Heart Cookbook.

I have to say, I've been very pleased with my purchase. I'm a foodie so it is very important that my food tastes good or I'll never stick to this healthy eating routine. This cookbook does not disappoint. There something for everyone and every meal. For breakfast, I'd recommend starting with the Canadian Bacon and Potato Frittata or perhaps the Baked Apple Oatmeal. I'd give either a thumbs up! There are main dish ideas as well as side dishes and I don't know about you, but in order to eat fish 2 or 3 times a week, I need variety and this cookbook offers great options. For a tasty, lazy route I definitely recommend the foil pouch Salmon recipe. There is even something for those of us who need a dessert or sweet treat!

The information about heart health was very informative as well. It was a good refresher on what I know I should be doing, but had gotten lazy about.

The only critic I have for the book is that I wish it had more photos. It has vivid color photographs throughout the book, but I find I am more apt to jump on trying a recipe if it has an enticing photo to go with it. All in all though, I've got to say that it is an easy to follow cookbook with fantastic recipes!
on May 8, 2017
This is extremely helpful for the person recuperating from any heart problem. It is especially helpful for the cook who is helping someone who has experienced a heart problem.
on January 21, 2016
I particularly enjoyed the 7 day menu plans, triggered my imagination to substitute heart healthy recipes from other cookbooks....Betty Crocker did her homework when creating this cookbook nothing complicated and all ingredients can be purchased at local supermarket.
on September 17, 2012
Fabulous color photos and attractive foods. Sodium content in some recipes is not within the 1500 mg or less per day for some persons. A good starting point for some one, but I would suggest asking a nutrition specialist as well.
on February 7, 2014
Good and tasty recipes to serve your family I have tried several of the recipes and my teenagers loved the new recipes. Sometimes teenagers want just the old and tried items on their dinner plate, but with these recipes it has been yummy food for even the picky eater in my house.
on November 16, 2014
Very bland and not a great deal of information provided with the recipes................i.e., good for afib or best for watching cholesterol, etc. There are many others out there that meet the bill.
on July 16, 2016
It was bought for a friend just having had heart surgery for the low sodium diet....but, the meals are perfect for everyone. She loves the pictures and meal prep on the opposite pages. Really nice book of recipes!