Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Final Fantasy XIV Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,879 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,269 reviews
on January 6, 2017
This is not in English and cannot be played in the us on a DVD player. You have to read the fine print to learn this. The seller will not give a refund without buyer paying the shipping. Which costs 3 times the amount of the item!! Ridiculous! I guess I have to throw it away and call it a loss!!
on March 5, 2017
When I received this movie and opened it i could tell the cover had been copied or reproduced. the color was off and it just looked "
fake". The disc inside was also "fake" looking and will not play on any TV. My daughter bought this with her birthday Amazon gift card and was mad and disappointed that someone would do this.
on March 26, 2016
Digitally i could get a copy on itunes and VUDU. This studio is doing the right thing that allows me to watch the movie and not have to juggle 600 apps on where i need to watch the movie. If i own the movie i should also receive a digital copy on any provider. If i shell out 15-20 for a movie when everyone else is stealing them digitally i should be rewarded for it. Disney is doing the right thing by Disney Movies Anywhere.
on April 2, 2017
I just went to play this and I noticed it is a fake copy. Someone printed the cover on regular printer and the disk plays in black and white, and shakes.
review image review image
on April 26, 2017
This is a classic that I used to own on VHS, but no longer have so I wanted to add it to play on my Blu-Ray player and 60 inch LG high definition TV. At first every thing was in either Korean or Japanese, so using my Blu-Ray controller I was able to change it to English language and sub titles. Unfortunately, it was old square screen video format and left large borders on both sides of my screen, which was a disappointment.
on February 9, 2017
This is not an original Disney movie. The cover is a poor quality photocopy of the original DVD case. After the DVD arrived, we read every word of the product description trying to determine why Amazon appears to be selling bootleg DVDs. In the Editorial Reviews there is a disclaimer, "When sold by Amazon.com, this product is manufactured on demand using DVD-R recordable media."

This was purchased as a gift. I cannot imagine giving anyone this DVD as a gift. It looks cheap and homemade. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the DVD quality was as poor as the packaging. It's going back. I'll be purchasing the real thing elsewhere.
on November 17, 2014
One of Disney's truly great animated movies that has withstood the passing of time and has been enjoyed by legions of children (as well as grown-ups alike) for decades and will surely continue to bring enjoyment to one and all for untold decades to come. It is so sad that we apparantly won't ever be entertained by real Disney animation hand drawn by real and talented animators ever again what with the new computer generated junk we now get being cranked out. Bet Mr. Disney spins in his grave every time the Disney Studio releases another computer generated product. So sad that the real animation industry has been lost.
on August 1, 2014
This was just what I was looking for. My daughter loves it. Only thing that I didn't care for was the extras included "Cinderella Stories". So when we tried to watch the extras expecting short stories or short cartoons instead it was a bunch of stories about sports players (baseball if I remember correctly). Seems like sort of an odd mash up. It was like they were really struggling hard to find extras to include in this so the set could sell for more in stores. My daughter was a little disappointed when we realized these extras weren't anything she was interested in.
on February 4, 2016
My daughter just turned 3 and it was almost perfect for her. While we didn't explain to her what happened with Cinderella parents, she took everything else in stride and didn't dwell on where are Cinderella's mommy & daddy. She quickly understood that step-mother was wicked, step-sisters "mean, and silly, and not nice" and that prince was bored with other girls until he saw Cinderella and that she was fun for him to be friends with! She has seen it 3 times during last weekend and I have a feeling that she'll be watching it over and over again. Oh, and by the 3rd time she was humming the "nightingale" song :-)
on December 16, 2005
This review is more a casual overview of the Special Platinum Edition Collector's Gift Set features, rather than the movie itself.

Cinderella is a timeless classic. I can't imagine an era when it will not touch your heart, warm your smile, and make you thankful for the family you DO have, however dysfunctional.

This Gift Set also includes an animation cell; one which is not mentioned at the time of this writing, in the additional features section. To own a Disney animation cell is, for me at least, a rare treat; one which I did not expect.

The color and sound is magnificient! It brought me great joy to watch this beloved movie the way I remembered it from my early childhood. This work, like Sleeping Beauty, was in desperate need of restoration, which was done in loving detail and unerring professionalism.

The Collector's booklet is wonderful, and the pages within a true treasure.

Enhanced with subtitles in English, Spanish, AND French, this work is truly a work of art once again!

Complete with making of featurettes, interviews, and hours of extras any fan of Disney and/or the Cinderella story will thoroughly enjoy, this Gift Set is a wonderful value for the price!