Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Plus  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

• Brave
  • Customer reviews

Brave
Format: Audio CD|Change

on September 23, 2017
I fell in love with the movie so of course I had to have the soundtrack. The music is fantastic. It came in perfect condition and to this day (It's been a few years) I still have it, love it, and works great.
Enthusiast: Cookingon May 21, 2016
Great music! I finally watched the movie, but really bought the cd because I love Celtic music.
Lovely music and nice to listen to at any time. I bought it without even thinking about the movie
because of my love for the genre of music.
VINE VOICEon July 17, 2012
Patrick Doyle has really come into the limelight over the past few years. He's a composer that is finally getting the recognition he deserves. With last year's Thor and Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes blowing us away musically, he finds a beautiful world in where he can touch on his background roots. You may say it's predictable that a Scottish composer is doing a film set in Scotland, but it's better than someone filling up air with bagpipes trying to be Scottish. Brave is a pure and beautiful score with plenty of character and heart.

Doyle immediately plants us in this world via traditional Scottish instrumentation. Yes, the bagpipe is used but it is not relied on. The arrangements and motif's bustle with life and energy. Then we delve right into Merida's journey and we as an audience are off on a quest. There is a timeless and mysterious quality to the music as Doyle sprinkles in some magical wonder into the score. There is a curious mischievous tone at some points, but under it there is a folklore feel to it all. As the journey picks up steam the music becomes more adventurous, and really builds some fantastic moments. Doyle keeps the music grounded in Merida's character. A beautiful song is performed in the film titled "Noble Maiden Fair (A Mhaighdean Bhan Uasal)" that represents Merida's relationship with her mother. Doyle brings back the melody of the song in the track "We've Both Changed" and it creates an emotionally heavy bookend to the whole affair.

Brave is musically rich and emotionally deep. Patrick Doyle is a brilliant composer who has continually churned out amazing scores over his career. With his music becoming more present in the mainstream spotlight I hope he will continue to stay there. Brave is a beautiful meshing of Scottish flavors and emotional passages infused with adventure. While there has been some gripe with Pixar has of late about story quality, I can assure you they know the importance of music in their films and how to choose their composers.
on February 23, 2017
My daughter loves the movie and loves the music!
on September 23, 2012
I love a lot of the older motion picture soundtracks, but over the last 10-20 years, most of the composers just don't cut it. Most of the music sounds like 'background filler sound effects' and doesn't connect with the character the way composers used to do. In most cases, I don't remember much about the music after the movie is over.

With Brave, I found that I like how it identifies with the main character as well as representing Scottish music. The music is inspiring, works separate from the movie and stands on its own, which is how music of any genre should be.

I hope that this will also inspire other composers and directors to work harder on making this more of a reality when they put out their movies.
on January 22, 2016
Great soundtrack! Only reason it get's 4 stars is because Disney does this annoying thing where all their movie soundtracks are not in the order you hear them in the movie they in order based on popularity. It takes me a long time to go through and put them back in order.It is a pain and I wish they would stop doing it! Rant over - buy the soundtrack if you liked the movie.
on September 7, 2012
This is truly an amazing soundtrack! After having seen the movie twice in theaters, I fell in love with the soundtrack, and purchased it soon after. All of the songs are masterpieces in and of themselves, but together they tell the story of the movie in a unique way. Just listening to the music moves you through the emotions and action of the film. It is sometimes high and soaring; sometimes dark and forboding; and sometimes majestic and lonely--all reflective of the culture around which the movie is based. I would highly recommend this CD to people of any age--even those who haven't yet seen the movie. :)
on March 28, 2017
Beautiful music!
on May 10, 2015
It was a great movie, one of my favourites, and the music was good enough to take a chance and get it for my daughter. Popped it in when it arrived and......Mind. Blown. Amazing soundtrack from beginning to end, not a single track I want to skip over and sadly for my daughter, she gets to listen to it when she rides in my truck.

Great seller, fast shipping, excellent price and defiantly recommended.
on March 21, 2013
This energetic and captivating music is inspiring and majestic. Perfectly matched to the BRAVE storyline, this CD follows the exciting and dramaticly presented tale of the family dynamics of parents and their teenage daughter in the beautiful setting of Ireland. The Celtic undertones are highlighted with traditional bagpipe and fluted instruments, and heart thumping drums.
The orchestral elegance is breathtaking.
Congratulations to Patrick Doyle, for this impecable score, to Julie Fowlis, Mumford and Sons singing with Birdy for your performances.
Motivational and uplifting!! WELL DONE!!