Check out Santa's new ride Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Dot Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 23, 2012
overall, this laptop runs well. It's fast enough, can handle some fairly intense applications (audio and video) not as quickly as a real workstation, but it does a good job for what it is. Not a gamers box..

Battery life is great, no complaints.

The screen is nice, great pictures/colors/detail.

The volume is WAY TO LOW. I've not looked for hacks to fix this and hope it's not a hardware issue, but I've purchased a couple of these laptops and all suffer from this issue. Yes, volume up in control panel and app, all the way. I've considered installing Linux on it to rule out a hardware issue, but I'm really not thinking it's worth it. I'm just going to leave computer speakers at work and home.

Sound is great and loud with headphones.

The keyboard... perhaps my biggest complaint. there is a numeric pad on the right side but it is not separated from the standard part of the keyboard. Because of this it's a very difficult keyboard to get used to. VERY hard to find "home," cursor control keys way too small and awkwardly placed. The hard to find keys are even harder to find in the dark as they are butted up against the num pad.

Much of this would not be a problem if there was some space in between alphs keyboard & the numeric pad. Also, if the keyboard were lit it would be so much easier to use. IMO ALL laptops should have lit keyboards.

Despite it's nice features, for me, the keyboard is so painful to use I am likely going to turn this one into a media controller or something and get another beater that fits me better.

All that being said, it works well considering the price. Someone who only uses 1 keyboard might find it more intuitive. Kids adapt well to keyboard changes and my kids love to use this laptop..
on December 8, 2012
This is a nice well built laptop with nice features; however mine broke after one week of use. I called Gateway tech support because the laptop would not power on, the battery and power light would flash and that is it. Gateway set up a repair by the Acer computer repair center. I had to pay for the shipping back to the repair center. I was frustrated that they were not willing to pay the return shipping on a product only one week old.
on October 10, 2012
To start I'll say I've purchased many of the Acer models similar to this. They work great, and are at a very low price point.

Good: As always nice screen... bright. Its inexpensive. Tech support was easy to work with. This processor is a good one. Includes high def graphics. Fine for WOW or some of your other games, nothing too intense. 4 GB of RAM is awesome for the price. Shipping was very fast, as I have prime. Took 1 day instead of 2.

Bad: Keyboard sucks. Absolutely awful, i've had many customers very upset about the keyboard. First one I opened of this was bad out of the box. Wouldn't charge the battery. Tried another battery, and it still didn't charge, tried another cord, still didn't work. Thus the motherboard was bad out of the box. Called Tech support and explained what I did, he simply said okay, lets get it in. Sent me a fedex label which was good. Bad is they said it'll be 7-10 days to get it back.

To note: Overall for the price I'd say its good. Computers are just not made like they used to, but at the same time they used to be 1200 dollars... then 800... 600... and now you can get a halfway decent one for under 400..
on December 23, 2012
I am unable to give this product a proper review because i was never able to really use the laptop.The laptop was bought as a gift for my nineteen year old daughter it had a problem charging the battery right out of the box.It stayed charge long enough for her to get on face book and to read a few emails and that was it . the lights just kept blinking when i would try charging the battery but we were unable to get it charge again.Over all i liked the look of the laptop i liked the keyboard but as per performance i cannot judge. that being said i returned the laptop as usual amazon provided excellent customer service sent me my refund.I am sorry that it did not work but all is well that ends well thanks amazon.
on April 5, 2013
Got this for my mother, who is a senior citizen with limited but improving PC skills. Besides the occasional rare video game crash (Peggle Nights), no problems with internet surfing, watching YouTube, or playing PopCap/casual games. Not the fastest laptop in the world, but gets the job done. No fatal issues or fiascoes. Much more stable than Gateway's Windows 8 laptops (thankfully, because I couldn't deal with my mother calling me all the time to help with them.)

I'd recommend this laptop for your non technical family members or casual users due to its "hands off" nature and ease "out of the box".
on November 20, 2012
Got this laptop for my parents who are 83 and 81 years old. They love it. It was easy to set up and works great with their new wireless setup. I added an external keyboard and mouse for them as the laptop keyboard is a little too small for them to see well, but otherwise, it has been a great computer for them and they really like it.
on July 15, 2013
I bought it for my son for school. It works very well for the intended purpose. It also servres as a partial backup to his desktop. I say partial because the laptop does not have high end graphics and power for gaming. Very good laptop for school.
on January 13, 2013
I love this Laptop its really great i would recommend everyone to atleast have one
the only thing i wish is that speakers were more louder and it had 2 speakers
other than that this laptop is great
you can use headphones or speakers and it works great
on December 13, 2012
A great price for a full laptop computer. It does everything I want it to do. Very good display. I am pleased with my purchase.
on January 7, 2013
I'm very pleased with this Gateway laptop. We have not had a glitch or a burp yet. I will never buy Intel again. AMD is the only way to go - much less bogged down, problematic, and runs cooler too.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.