Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Non-stick Sushi Chef's Knife
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Shop Now STEM

on September 24, 2015
Very poor quality. I purchased this knife about a month ago, and I wanted to wait to write a review until I used the knives several times. After one month, the the blade separated from the handle!! I tried to return it but the shipping charge is almost $10.
I did many reseachs before I purchase, but the majority wrere very positive . Indeed, the blade is very sharp but it will break within few monthss.
Trust me. Don't waste your money. If you a looking for a non-sticky better knife with hollow, buy DR knives that has razer sharp blade.
on May 19, 2015
Pros: razor sharp, cuts sushi well.

Cons:The blade separated from the handle while I was dicing a carrot and almost went into my foot. Tang is VERY skinny.
review image review image review image
on March 14, 2013
I was looking for a sharp knife I could use at times when I didn't want to use my better ones at work. After browsing Amazon's selection I came upon this one.

I like it because it's sharp as hell, light as a feather and cuts through anything almost like a warm knife through butter. It holds its edge and I've only sharpened it once. It's great when I don't want to use my Wusthofs

I'd give it five stars save for the way the handle meets the knife at a right angle. A taper down to even with the metal surface of the knife would be better for cleaning. I find I have to check at the junction of handle and knife for remaining food particles.

If you're looking for a really sharp, durable knife this is a good value for the dollar. And yes, I do recommend you use a protective glove when using it because to say it's sharp is an understatement.
33 comments| 95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 20, 2013
Seriously $10 may not buy a couple drinks anymore. This is not a commercial heavy duty knife but its very very sharp and slices most items effortlessly.. I made a salad with it first thing and it was fun to use.. I also have Wushtof and Henckels and several other high end knives so I do know something about knives after 30+ years of cooking daily.. Its very thin and lightweight too so its probably not meant for heavy daily use but if its hand washed and stored properly it should stay sharp with just regular honing and it should last awhile..
on December 11, 2013
I have a lot of knives and consider myself to be a "knife guy". When i saw this for around $8 i wanted it as cheaper knife that i can use for when I don't want to break out a chef's knife for cutting a few small things or doing prep work. after reading the reviews, I bought one, and I concur with the other reviews that this knife is crazy sharp. the blade is very thin, but is so sharp it can still cut through beef and chicken like nothing. one pass with the knife is all you need to get through steak or chicken breast easily. The knife is extremely lightweight as well, Probably because I don't think the knife is full tang. the dropped blade/recessed handle is a nice touch as it keeps my knuckles from hitting the board like a good chefs knife should, and the slight upsweep in the blade makes mincing fairly easy. the coating does work well, water rolls right off. BUT DO NOT PUT THIS KNIFE IN THE DISHWASHER. People who say their knives get too dull or fall apart are the ones who put them in the dishwasher. Dishwashers are not good for the steel or materials used to keep the knife together. take care of it as you would a high end chef's knife by hand washing and drying and you won't have any issues.
on March 5, 2013
Wow! I bought this knife for my sushi diet but now I use it for everything. It is amazing and cuts very smoothly. Love it.
on June 17, 2013
i recently started making sushi and my knives as sharp as they were would stick and
ruin the packaging. so the chance i took with this knife helped out. listen it
wont stay unsticky for more than two sushis at a time though. so you would have to clean after
every two rolls you chop up but i can deal with that for the price.
on August 16, 2013
Got this today & made my usual rolls and let me tell ya...this cut through like a hot knife through butter! Cut through nori, cut through carrots, cut through cucumber & the salmon and cream cheese!

The craftsmanship seems ok, yet it is on the light side as far as weight goes. The handle is made of a light plastic that could possibly be weak but it could possibly hold up fine. (Will update review if anything arises). The blade is sharp, doesn't bend & is great for cutting through thick sushi rolls.

It is functional & will be used frequently. I give four stars!
review image
on October 27, 2014
I purchased this knife for 8.99 because of the great reviews. I am not a knife snob and like many inexpensive blades but this is not one of them. It came moderately sharp but absolutely refuses to take an edge with my smith ceramic rod knife sharpener. The same sharpener puts a fine edge on all my other knives from my super hard Gerbers to my high carbon Chinese chef knife but this blade just will not get sharp or even get back to its initial sharpness.. The steel does not feel particularly hard so I am guessing it is a quality issue of some sort with the steel. I tried to return it but the return shipping is $5.17 so I still have it. Will try a sharpening stone soon to see if that is any better. I am an experienced chef and outdoorsman who knows how to maintain knives and I have spent a solid 15-20 minutes on this blade and am confident that the problem is with the blade and not me. My other knives sharpened right up right before and right after my attempts with this one. I fully understand the limitations of an inexpensive knife so I am not being unrealistic. One of my favorite knives is my $8 Rapala filet knife and that blade comes sharp with 3-5 pulls on my sharpener. I really wanted to like this.
on February 19, 2015
Really sharp knife - now I know how a mango kernel look like :)
review image