Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery March Birthstone Shop Popular Services billions billions billions  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 330 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 338 reviews
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 5, 2016
We have a Labrador Retriever that we rescued from the SPCA when he was 6 weeks old. He had been found laying in a ditch in the middle of winter. We think the reason he was tossed out is that he had suffered an injury to his left eye and was rendered blind in that eye. We are so fortunate to have found him because he is the best dog we have ever had. He's sweet and loving and obedient and just a wonderful addition to our family.

With the blindness in one eye comes a group of problems that I hadn't anticipated. One of these is the lack of depth perception making it difficult for him to jump into the car. He's a heavy boy, about 65-70 pounds. That's too much for me to be able to lift to get him into the car or up the stairs. When I saw this Outward Hound lift assist device, I knew I had to try it.

This product is fantastic! It has a really large velcro strip so I can simply slip it under his chest and it easily closes at the top. There is enough padding to the sling that it doesn't chafe or irritate his skin. I can lift him so easily that I'm just astounded. I just have to pull up on the handle and he raises his front feet to the floor of the car and with my guidance he is able to jump right in. Getting him into the car is so much easier. We are now working on going up stairs. I just have to give a gentle tug and he is able to climb the steps with confidence.

I absolutely recommend this PupBoost Lifting Aid to anyone with a medium to large dog. It has saved my back and my dog from pain and frustration.
review image review image review image
on November 13, 2012
I have a 12.5 year old 95 pound Bouvier Des Flandres. Due to arthritis and a degenerating spine, he is unable to get up on his own. However, with the use of the Outward Hound Lift Harness, we are able to get him up to his feet and he is able to walk with support and stability around the house and outside to attend to business. If not for this product, my old guy would not be able to manage and we would not be able to mange him. Saved a few more months of living life for him. I wish it was a bit larger, however, as we have to pull tight to get the velcro attached.
on August 23, 2015
I bought this for my fathers senior 100lb. Shepard/Huskey mix dog at couple of years ago whose hips were very bad and he was having a hard time getting up. This is very well made and supported a dog of that size just fine. My father was able to help his old guy up so he wasn't struggling. He is now gone and I have it now, and am using it for my 50lb. senior girl, a Border Collie mix. She can no longer make it up stairs when we go visit friends and this works perfect for her even though she is half the weight of my fathers dog. There is enough velcro around it that is long enough to accommodate two dogs ranging from 50 to over a 100 pounds and be comfortable on both of them. I would recommend this for anyone looking for a support, especially for a lager dog.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on October 23, 2013
This product runs very big. It will not support a dog less then 65 pounds.
Keep this in mind when ordering.
on December 23, 2015
We use this to help Lobo, our elderly German Shepherd, to stand up. It's well made, foam padded on the inside, and has velcro clasps at the top of the lifting area as well as to hold the handles together. It really has helped take the strain off of his hips when trying to stand up at all, and is almost a necessity when he's trying to stand up while on a tiled floor.

The only issue that I have found is that it seems to run a little small. From reading the other reviews, I figured it would be more than large enough to accommodate a German Shepherd. He's not one of the gigantic Shepherds either, I'd say medium sized as far as German Shepherds go. However, when wrapping the lift around Lobo, there needs to be several more inches of material for it to be able to velcro together- and that's wrapping it more around his lower body as opposed to a stockier area like his chest.

Regardless, even with not being large enough to velcro together, the lift still works as planned and has proven itself as an invaluable aid to his mobility.

It also holds up well to machine washing, no frays or tears in the foam padding have developed.
on October 15, 2014
I got this to help me with an overweight elderly dog with a hip/leg injury. As it happened, it did not fit around his chest, but it did fit around his "waist" just above the hips, which is the end of the dog I needed help with anyway. I needed it primarily to help lift his back half into the car, and this worked well. I had bought a ramp to help, but he tends to hesitate, and if he does not want to go, he jumps off the ramp as I am trying to guide him. This allowed me to control his direction, give him the extra support and lift and get him into the car without difficulty.

It is designed to go around the chest, and for a large dog, this seems inadequate to me. I would suggest that if the intent is to lift the dog off the ground entirely, a 2nd harness (one for each end) would be helpful. My dog weighs a hearty 80 lbs, and looks like a barrel with legs. His chest is exceptionally large for his breed while his hips are exceptionally narrow due to his injury at an early age. My other dog, about the same height and general size, can wear the harness comfortably about her chest.

I would recommend this for anyone with a dog with mobility issues or that may be recovering from injury. Consider, however, the size of the dog's chest in relation to others of the breed.
on August 14, 2014
I bought this lift harness to help my dog up the stairs. It is made very well. It is adjustable. It is too wide for my dog so I took the part that wings out more folded it in and sewed it to make it less wide. I did not sew into the sponge pad just the outer water resistant material.

This is such a good quality harness and so easy to use. I bought a second one so I have one for the car also.

You are not going to find something with this quality for this price. I have researched and researched these. It was easy to hand sew to make it the perfect width for my dog. It has a nice sponge type pad inside. My dog has fatty tumors all over his belly so I needed something that wasn't going to put to much pressure in one place and this is it. I highly recommend this obviously since I ordered a second one.
on February 3, 2017
A USEfull addition-modification to this article would be a velcro adjustable *chest* strap to keep it from sliding back and bunching under a dog's hindquarters like a rope :( :P I might as well have used a rope for all the support it provided to my poor Shela in her last days :( taking her "out" to do her "business" was made more difficult by this device's tendency to "bunch up" by her back legs which had lost their ability to support her balance
review image
My boxer has developed mobility problems in her right rear leg. I purchased this to enable me to assist her in getting up, if needed. Have used it three times and it works well. It does not close around her completely but that doesn't matter.

Highly recommended.

Edited on 13 April to reflect the fact that this has proved to be a real life saver for my dog and myself. We have had a really cold winter with lots of ice and below zero temps. I have used it more recently as her condition is getting worse. Use it going up and down the ramp and also to steady her when she goes to the bathroom. There is no evidence of ripping or tearing on the item and is still highly recommended..
on January 9, 2015
This product is well made and the velcro closure is sturdy enough to trust that it won't come undone on it's own. I've tried other types which are not easily put on or removed and I love how quick and easy the velcro makes it. But this is still not all I'd hoped for. We have a 15 year old Border Collie who needs help going up and down our stairs. This lift harness does help going up but is still just a bit loose (wish there was a medium size). I find it's pretty much useless for assisting with going down the stairs, which is really the biggest challenge for our dog -- he can't seem to control the momentum once he begins his decent so he needs us to be the brakes for him. Since his hindquarters is much more narrow than his chest he slides right out of the lift harness. I may try taking this to a seamstress and ask to add another piece of fabric to run across the chest so that I can trust it to stay put when going downstairs.