Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 16, 2012
Product worked very well for my Rott/Shep Mix, (large dog). She was having problems getting up and down stairs to outside, used the product and had no problems (I myself am limited mobility). Would recommend, virtually painless for both man and best friend. :)
25 helpful votes
26 helpful votes
on October 30, 2016
Was a good help with our lab as her ability to get up grew worse from her lymphoma. Only drawback is handle straps not adjustable. She was 80 lbs healthy but down to 63 lbs sick. We are 5'10" & 5'8" and had to walk hunched over while supporting her. But little to no help with our male husky just slides together in a bunch by his groin area, still has us hunched over. So we ended up using my good scarf for length of handling and less sliding to & bunching at rear hip area
on April 15, 2016
This is a good product for helping your dog up the stairs. My Lab is about 65 pounds (30kg) and it fits her nicely. It's not so great for going DOWN the stairs, as it tends to slide back towards her hind legs. I think it would be better if there was more support in the front. Having said that, it's $12. I knew about that issue when I bought it. It's still a great deal. I also think it's pretty well-made. Good value for the price, for sure!
on February 14, 2017
This did not provide the necessary support to help lift the front end of our 70 pound Golden Retriever. The fabric is slippery and doesn't have enough rigidity to it, so it just slid forward and bunched up at her armpits. :( The large towel I was using gave her better support. Maybe sewing handles on my towel is the solution...
on January 25, 2016
We purchased this with the idea of helping our elderly, 55-lb boxer up and down the steps. Even though it fit her chest, it kind of slipped off her hips, which had gotten narrow with age. Neither of us enjoyed the product. When she really had difficulty getting down the steps, I laid her across my lap and went down the steps on my rear end.
on May 16, 2015
My big, old guy is 15 1/2 and insists on still sleeping upstairs with the rest of his pack. It takes a while, but he manages to get up the stairs. He can't get down without assistance, though. Little, old me has been using a towel to lift his back end and my hand under his chest to keep him from tumbling down. I thought this lift harness would help this process, but he just slides right out of it. I believe it's my fault for misunderstanding the purpose of this harness -- I do believe it will be useful getting him into the car for those more-and-more frequent vet appointments. I'll update this review as P.J. and I get more experience with the harness.
on January 9, 2015
This product is well made and the velcro closure is sturdy enough to trust that it won't come undone on it's own. I've tried other types which are not easily put on or removed and I love how quick and easy the velcro makes it. But this is still not all I'd hoped for. We have a 15 year old Border Collie who needs help going up and down our stairs. This lift harness does help going up but is still just a bit loose (wish there was a medium size). I find it's pretty much useless for assisting with going down the stairs, which is really the biggest challenge for our dog -- he can't seem to control the momentum once he begins his decent so he needs us to be the brakes for him. Since his hindquarters is much more narrow than his chest he slides right out of the lift harness. I may try taking this to a seamstress and ask to add another piece of fabric to run across the chest so that I can trust it to stay put when going downstairs.
on April 12, 2017
Our dog can no longer walk unassisted so we thought this would help. We were going on vacation so paid nearly $20 for expedited shipping. Harness does not work it just slides down her body. I tried making it smaller by sewing it but still just slips down to her hindquarters. Useless.
on October 5, 2013
Have a 12 year old Aussie husky mix about 60 lbs. she is getting a little wobblie in the back legs at time but still can get in out of car or truck. At the last sec I threw this in the back seat and it was awesome. She will not let you get near her with a much but this I got around
D her and helped her up using the back not front of her body. Once she jump in the floor in rear just drop the handle and it falls off. I used it to help her get out a few times also. I have to say it is not a complicated thing you could prob use a towel if you wanted instead but I think this was so worth it.
4 helpful votes
on March 7, 2016
Helpful for lifting disabled 50 lb. dog to her feet, BUT the inner surface that makes contact with the dog's belly is too slippery. This means that the lift belt slides (generally backwards to toward the rear of the dog) way too easily. Recommend the company put some rubbery strips into that surface.