Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Outward Hound Kyjen 21005 PupBoost Lift Harness Dog Auto Velcro Lift Harness For Dogs, Large, Black
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on November 13, 2012
I have a 12.5 year old 95 pound Bouvier Des Flandres. Due to arthritis and a degenerating spine, he is unable to get up on his own. However, with the use of the Outward Hound Lift Harness, we are able to get him up to his feet and he is able to walk with support and stability around the house and outside to attend to business. If not for this product, my old guy would not be able to manage and we would not be able to mange him. Saved a few more months of living life for him. I wish it was a bit larger, however, as we have to pull tight to get the velcro attached.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on October 23, 2013
This product runs very big. It will not support a dog less then 65 pounds.
Keep this in mind when ordering.
on December 3, 2012
This helped us lift our 11 year old German Shepherd who couldn't use her back legs. She lost so much weight that I had to add another row of velcro, but it fit and still worked great. I'd definitely recommend this product.
on July 28, 2012
I use this for my disc herniated Doberman. I use regular harness for her front legs and use this up lift harness for her back legs, so I can carry her in and out of the house few times a day to do her business. She is 58lbs. When I use it, it is all squeeze together become a narrow belt and dig into her belly. I have to put a heavy padding inside so it won't hurt her belly. I wish it is more heavy duty. I guess for the price, you really couldn't ask too much. Still, I am disappointed.
on November 16, 2012
Product worked very well for my Rott/Shep Mix, (large dog). She was having problems getting up and down stairs to outside, used the product and had no problems (I myself am limited mobility). Would recommend, virtually painless for both man and best friend. :)
on July 9, 2013
My dog weighs 95 lbs and with leg problems can't get into the back of the SUV. This is very helpful to assist him getting around. Better than trying a towel. I needed a handle.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 5, 2016
We have a Labrador Retriever that we rescued from the SPCA when he was 6 weeks old. He had been found laying in a ditch in the middle of winter. We think the reason he was tossed out is that he had suffered an injury to his left eye and was rendered blind in that eye. We are so fortunate to have found him because he is the best dog we have ever had. He's sweet and loving and obedient and just a wonderful addition to our family.

With the blindness in one eye comes a group of problems that I hadn't anticipated. One of these is the lack of depth perception making it difficult for him to jump into the car. He's a heavy boy, about 65-70 pounds. That's too much for me to be able to lift to get him into the car or up the stairs. When I saw this Outward Hound lift assist device, I knew I had to try it.

This product is fantastic! It has a really large velcro strip so I can simply slip it under his chest and it easily closes at the top. There is enough padding to the sling that it doesn't chafe or irritate his skin. I can lift him so easily that I'm just astounded. I just have to pull up on the handle and he raises his front feet to the floor of the car and with my guidance he is able to jump right in. Getting him into the car is so much easier. We are now working on going up stairs. I just have to give a gentle tug and he is able to climb the steps with confidence.

I absolutely recommend this PupBoost Lifting Aid to anyone with a medium to large dog. It has saved my back and my dog from pain and frustration.
review image review image review image
on September 28, 2012
I have a med.sized Malinois mix with really bad hips. I was hoping this would be better than the towels I've been using to stabilize her back end, but the soft harness has no inner support, so it just slips to the thinnest part of her abdomen, which is her bladder--which is the same problem I was having with the towels. If she was chubby and flat from her chest across her belly, it would fit great. I'm keeping it because it dries faster than the towels when washed.
on July 29, 2012
This is a quality lift and had the circumstances been different I would have kept it. As it was, I needed it for a very thin Airedale with a broken front leg. It worked great going UP steps, but slipped off going DOWN steps because his back end is so thin. The size smaller wouldn't have fit his chest right. His size also was a bit too long for a male dog and irritated his 'dangly bits'... Would have been perfect for my female dog except was a size too small. I LOVE Kyjen products - they always seem to be first rate.
on August 23, 2015
I bought this for my fathers senior 100lb. Shepard/Huskey mix dog at couple of years ago whose hips were very bad and he was having a hard time getting up. This is very well made and supported a dog of that size just fine. My father was able to help his old guy up so he wasn't struggling. He is now gone and I have it now, and am using it for my 50lb. senior girl, a Border Collie mix. She can no longer make it up stairs when we go visit friends and this works perfect for her even though she is half the weight of my fathers dog. There is enough velcro around it that is long enough to accommodate two dogs ranging from 50 to over a 100 pounds and be comfortable on both of them. I would recommend this for anyone looking for a support, especially for a lager dog.