Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9" Standing Leather Case, Saddle Tan (will not fit HDX models)
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on December 28, 2012
A terrific product. The Kindle Fire was a Christmas gift for my husband in hopes of weaning him from hardcovers...our home is
almost to the point of being featured on Hoarders...book hoarders. This leather case did it. It suits the man and he loves reading the Kindle Fire. The case is handsome, turns off the lights, so to speak, when you close the cover. Clever. Neat. Worth the price.
Yes, I do recommend it.
on December 16, 2012
My leather case arrived a couple of weeks after my Kindle Fire HD, so I had that period of time to get used to the Kindle Fire in its "naked" form. The case is a spectacular addition. It does not bulk up the tablet, is lightweight, attractive, and works exactly as advertised. Making it into a display easel simply requires folding back the cover and putting it on a flat surface (even on a bedsheet for reading in bed). Opening the cover activates the display; closing the cover puts the Kindle to sleep. The cover has mini speaker grilles that take nothing from the sound output, and all buttons and ports are fully useable. What more could you want?
on December 28, 2012
With little ones around it's always nice to have as much protection as possible for your electronics. This standing leather case serves very well and the saddle tan is beautiful....also makes the Kindle easy to spot when you forget where you last stashed it.
on January 21, 2013
I spent hours looking at various cases for my kindle to help encase and protect it. With that said,I am not careless (nor clumsy) with my items nor do I expect to attempt throwing my kindle down the stairs; slim, streamline and functional was what I was looking for. I did not want a case that would partially cover the screen of my kindle or a case that would not allow the sound to properly come from the speakers.I was between this and two roo cases(the origami case and another that had a hand strap) both which were considerably less expensive. However, I impulse bought this case as I wanted to protect my kindle now. First I purchased the persimmon colored case which is not as burnt orange as the picture makes it seem, it is more of an orange red. I must say I really like this case. It does encase perfectly, it is slim and lightweight enough to hold in hand with comfort while reading our watching media for a period of time. The material does not feel cheap, however this is only a partially leather case. I like the rubber bumper, and the inside flap. I was skeptical the stand would work but it does, unfortunately it does not offer many options in viewing angles. Although to be honest I have not used the stand function much. The auto sleep wake function works like a charm and having a screen protector on does not inhibit this function. so all in all,I recommend this case and while I did contemplate returning it for a less expensive one, now that I have it and like it,I see no point in returning it...just wish it was closer to thirty dollars than fifty.
on December 31, 2012
A typical audio plug will not fit through the audio jack hole in the leather case. The Kindle must be removed from the case to seat the jack completely. In general, a very poor value for the price.
on May 30, 2013
This standing leather case looks beautiful and keeps my Kindle Fire HD 8.9 clean, safe and secure. The color I chose -- Saddle Tan -- is very rich and elegant. I am able to stand my Kindle very easily if I don't open the case too wide -- it works for my needs very well.
on February 23, 2014
Bought this case for my husbands Kindle. Felt like it did NOT protect the device at all. Dropped Kindle just a short distance and it totally shattered. Offered zero protection. When new Kindle and better case was purchased. Overlapping the device would help greatly. UGH
on August 1, 2013
I initially purchased a Marware cover for my new Kindle Fire HD 8.9". You can find my review of that product with it's own evaluations. All I will say about it is that I replaced it with Amazon's own brand cover and am impressed. It truly does make the Kindle cover significantly lighter and thinner than it was using Marware device. I love the way the Kindle clicks into the case. It is unique and adds greater protectiveness an thinness to the product. There is no unnecessary stand, but the device stands well on its own in both aspects. I have seen other reviews of this cover deduct points because they felt it looked cheap. Personally, I find it looks sleek and the leather is lovely in saddle tan. Unlike the Marware it reliably turns the device on and off consistently when the cover is opened and closed. I also love the magnetic lock on this case. It is simply like closing any book and doesn't require the bulkiness of a strap. The cover fits like a glove and its design doesn't interfere with the Kindle's Dolby speakers. The cover is light enough that unlike the Marware I am not afraid that I am going to develop Carpel Tunnel syndrome if I hold my Kindle like a book. Yes, this brand is more expensive than the Marware version, but is money well spent. If you were willing to shell out the money for the Kindle 8.9", the quality of your overall device experience is important to you. Get this cover to begin with. It is less expensive than buying a second one after waiting too long to return the 1st one. If it isn't everything it says it is return it. Amazon is great on returns, but personally I can't see why anyone would send it back. Perhaps it doesn't seem it is worth the money if this cover is the 1st and only one you try, but trust me I have tried more than one.
on February 21, 2013
I find the case purchased to be a smart buy on my part. The color matches my attache cases and protects the Kindle very well. Love the standup feature. Now I can leave my laptop and home and still be able to communicate and play with games and internet. Highly recommend.
Michael Walsh
on December 29, 2012
I am disappointed in the product's inability to stand up when operating the on screen keyboard. The leather case made for the smaller kindle fire works better.