Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Color: Brown/Black|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,498 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,956 reviews
on August 3, 2015
I started off with the Timex Weekender. I love that watch, and the simplicity of that watch. However, that thing was LOUD. I'd have to shove my wrist under the pillow at night to block out the ticking. The ticking became more and more irritating so I began to search for a new watch and landed on this one. I have a Fossil watch and some other nice watches and I really like this one the best. The indiglo is awesome. That's one of my main reasons for staying with Timex after the whole Weekender debacle -I hated to lose the functionality of the indiglo. Just a few things worth noting, but otherwise this is a great watch if you're considering it:

1. The second hand is located in the bottom middle of the chronograph. It's tricky at first, because the large hand that looks like it would be for the second hand is actually for the timer. There's nothing wrong with the watch, it's just an adjustment that you have to get used to. I don't use the second hand on any watch for that many things, so it wasn't a big deal to me. However if you're someone who uses the second hand a lot, then you might want to take that into consideration.

2. When I ordered this watch I was worried that I'd have trouble reading it at a glance because the numbers don't go from 1-12. I thought I might have to look at it longer than just a glance in order to read the time, but this hasn't been an issue either. I don't have any issues reading it day or night. The hands glow really well and seem to retain their brightness pretty well. The hour and minute hands are the only ones that glow - the chronograph hands and second hands to not glow.

3. I've had this watch just a day over two months and the leather band is wearing pretty well. The leather loops that guide and hold the excess watch band after you put it on are looking somewhat stressed. I'm not sure they'll last much longer with daily wear. This isn't a deal breaker though because one can always get a new band for it.

4. The back of the watch doesn't have any screws - it's a screw on type that is found on nicer watches. I have a Fossil watch with a similar back and I needed a new battery. Long story short, Walmart and Macy's were unable to change the battery due to the type of back. I ended up having to go to a jewler and $25 later, I had a new battery and they gave it a complete overhaul. It looks good, but $25 for a new battery was sort of steep. Keep that in mind as you look at watches if you're not wild about getting them serviced like that.

All in all, I love this thing. I get several compliments on it, and find it easy to read. Highly recommended!
on February 10, 2013
This excellent watch is surprisingly feature- packed; even more so than the product description lets on! The truglo is not strictly- speaking glow in the dark: it is actually a backlight which can be activated at any time (for whoever didn't know). It still gives an epic blue glow that you'd want, and it can also be held down to automatically activate whenever you use the chronograph or adjust the watch! On top of all this, the chronograph also has a 'split' function, allowing you to pause the s timer then continue again. This is awesome if you take a mid- bread during running or something and don't want to include it in your lap time. This watch has been engineered excellently. Timex haven't let us down in terms of hand accuracy and articulation of time. Even the small second- hand dial at 6:00 points directly at each individual second marker without any lag or inaccuracy that I can see. The same goes for the chronometer; the 1/20 of a second timer doesn't spin, per say; it actually 'ticks' between each fraction of a second. You will NEVER get decimal readings or unreadable portions of time. Every 20th of a second is clearly articulated, making it an incredibly satisfying tool for breaking PBs.
Finally, I come down to appearance. As you can see in the picture, the watch face is quite busy. However, the colour scheme is perfect, and helps to make it look less intimidating and off- putting. When it comes down to it, this is a beautiful watch, with the black casing and gorgeous leather strap. Both the functionality and appearance of this watch could suit adventuring, sports and casual dress events, although the brown tones of it make it perfect for an outdoors situation.
All in all, this watch is packed with intelligent and well- engineered features which are as practical as they are accurate. I absolutely love this watch, it suits me. The question you have to ask yourself is "does its appearance suit me too?"
22 comments| 170 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 16, 2016
UPDATE: March 24th, 2016.
I purchased a new strap for this watch ($20). Posted additional 2 photos so you can see.

For the money, this watch cannot be beaten. It is a great value. It looks very classy, isn't too akwardly large or small, and keeps good time. The chronograph on mine didn't come offset as some have, and I haven't found any major issues with the watch. I would've liked it if it came with a traditional leather band, but it can always be changed. I got the standard shipping, and I STILL received it in 2-3 days! P.S. you can change the date easier by pulling out the crown 1 click. The hour hand will move, while the minute hand stays.
review image review image review image review image
on December 27, 2016
I am hard on watches and don't normally get anymore life then a year or so. With that it's hard for me to spend a lot of money on a watch. This watch is perfect tough and has all the analog functions I need. Plus I'm terribly impressed with the 10th of a second dial for the stopwatch.
With having a phone on me all the time now, which performs pretty much every function I could think of. I want my watch to just tell time. This watch looks good while doing just that.
review image
on December 17, 2015
I'm giving this 4 stars because it is a very good looking watch for its price and I think is well worth the modest cost. The dial is nicely designed and I like that it's not too cluttered. The strap has a comfortable feel to it as well, although I did not really like the clasp -- it felt a bit cheap to me and I would have preferred a slightly thicker clasp (which is why I deducted one star).

I did end up returning this, but not because of the clasp. I returned it because the watch looked huge on my wrist! Simply put, I had never tried on a 42mm case watch before this and now I know that they look disproportionately large on my 7-inch wrist. Again, this is just my personal opinion on what looks good, so I didn't deduct a star for this because other people with different taste or larger wrists will love this watch. Without a doubt, the watch itself looks fantastic for what it costs. So, if you have smaller wrists I would recommend going with a smaller case diameter (I currently wear a 37mm Seiko watch, which I think looks much better on my wrist compared to the Timex Expedition but the Seiko is actually a touch on the small side. So, I'd say a 38mm or 39mm is probably the sweet spot for a 7-inch wrist...but I digress).

Overall, buy this watch if you want a nice looking chronograph watch at an awesome price and you also have a large enough wrist so that wearing a 42mm watch looks normal.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on March 6, 2017
I love the watch, and it keeps great time, looks good, and seems very rugged. However, as other posts have noted, for some reason Timex cannot get the chronograph seconds, tenths, and minutes to reset to 0. I had to send the first one back because the tenths would reset to 0.4. (Amazon sent me a replacement OVERNIGHT!! Another reason to love Amazon!) The replacement is slightly off on tenths and seconds. It is a little annoying, and it seems like such a simple thing for Timex to correct, but they do not seem to want to. The other thing about this particular model of the Field Chronograph is that it is very hard to read the seconds hand. It is very thin and hard to pick out of the busy watchface. Still, I really like the watch despite these complaints. If Timex can get it to keep such remarkable time (so far has not lost/gained a second!), why can't they get the reset to go to 0? Timex, I hope you are reading this.
on March 7, 2017
I bought this having read previous reviews from others. I have no issues with this watch. BUT...It IS true that the large orange sweep hand doesn't point straight up to '60', and the upper left counter always points to '1' when reset. Even so, it is sturdy, attractive, and, yes functional, provided you remember where the hands started. I bought this with some left over credit on my account, so it was more or less free for me. If I decide I want a TAG Heuer someday, I know that won't cost me $30.
on February 18, 2016
This watch is decent looking. That's where it stops. It took 3 tries to set the time correctly. Kept jumping either an hour ahead or an hour behind after I would initially set the time. After the third time it worked OK that is, until the hands didn't line up correctly with the actual time. It would be say 4 o'clock but the hour hand would be almost halfway to five. The second hand on the stopwatch didn't lineup either and after one minute would show almost two. The dial is big and bulky and pokes the back of your hand when flexing up. The light function is nice because it's very bright, but does not light up the date enough to see it if it's remotely dark. I had this watch less than three months before the dial popped off, it took on water, and completely quit. Stay away from this junker.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on March 1, 2017
Took the watch out of the box and noticed the second hand wasn't moving. Odd. I pulled the crown to set the time and found it only had two positions "in" and "out." According to the manual it is supposed to have four (D,A, B, and C). Thought maybe I was missing something and watched some youtube videos. Not missing anything, only has two positions instead of four. The watch is stuck in either position B or C and I cannot lock the crown down so that the time stays current. Any contact with the crown causes the time to change by hours. The second hand does not move, ever. The indiglo doesn't work because there is no position D, push all I like the crown does not move in, the watch does not light. This is a watch that doesn't keep time. It's useful twice every 24 hours for a minute if you leave it on a shelf and have a light one of those times. As I write this I have a Timex Expedition on my wrist that is seventeen years old and works like the day I bought it. This new one doesn't. What junk. What happened Timex? I really wanted this new watch to come with me on summer excursions, instead it's going back to Amazon.
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 10, 2016
First time online watch buyer. I'm happy with the product for what it is, I think the colors and style are pretty cool (well obviously, I bought it).
My only small gripe is with the band.
Living in HK, I couldn't order an alternate band so easily, so I just stuck with the default. The color and feel of it is great, the only problem is, being a really porous leather, it doesn't like water too much. Meaning: I got this watch wet many times with fresh and saltwater, and it smells like wet leather from less than a foot away after a couple of months of this. But that's leather being leather (or this kind of leather, anyway), and bands are relatively easy to upgrade/replace. That's why I gave this 5 stars: because from what is advertised and expected, I have been completely satisfied.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.