Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 462 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 756 reviews
on January 27, 2014
I want to start off saying I am a major die hard Michael Jackson obsessed fanatic.So my review might be a bit biased. All though I love all of Michael's solo career my favorite era is his Bad era. I find it strange they didn't make this big a production over Thriller 25 especially since Michael was here celebrating with us. I noticed Amazon dropped the price from $44 to $25 a few days ago for this set. When I saw that I called my sister and told her about the price drop and could I borrow the money. Thankfully she said I could. This set was worth every penny including the overnight shipping cost.

The two booklets have beautiful pictures of Michael with trivia about the Bad sessions. The poster is amazing one side is of the album artwork in color and the other is a black & white Michael concert picture. I am buying a poster frame so I can have the concert image hanging on my wall. The Bad album & the bonus disc is in the sleeve that has the Bad album artwork and the Wembley Concert DVD/CD is in a sleeve that says Michael Plays Wembley. The back of the Wembley cover has a beautiful color concert image of Michael. I wish I could find a poster with that image. The two CD sleeves are made of card board. The set also has a sticker the size of a CD case with the Bad 25 artwork as the image.

I am very happy with this set. I hope Michael's estate does the exact same kind of deluxe set for Dangerous 25. After seeing all of the awesome merchandise from Bad 25 I am eagerly awaiting Dangerous 25. Who ever put this set together took their time and put a lot of thought into it.

If you love Michael & his Bad album I highly suggest buying this set.
review image
on September 18, 2012
The Bad 25 set is the best MJ release in a very very long time. He is already known as a performer who's show was amazing, but during the Wembley show he was just on it! This is THE definitive Michael Jackson live performance, he seems so into every song it's crazy. I've seen Bad Tour concerts before but there is just something different about the show. The audio is crystal clear, perfect, it is from multitracks that were used to mix the show as it was going. About the video, people complained at first when they heard it would be sourced from a video tape. However, what we do know is that the Estate let everyone know how they did a numerous amount of extensive searches of the film storage warehouses and could not find the film masters. The fact that Michael had someone mix down the video feed onto a VHS tape for his own performance means that that was and is the only currently available source for the show. Another cool thing is that the Estate paid a company that they said is used by NASA to restore videotapes to better represent the source that was put on them. The result is a pretty decent quality film that definitely produces alot more detail than one would imagine. The image is sharp and colors are good for the most part too. This is the exact video feed the jumbotrons got so we have a show with no editing or crowd shots, it is excellent. There are also 2 additional performances from other dates and locations of the Bad Tour in the bonus features. For those that just want the DVD it is sold stand alone.

Disc 1 (Original Bad Album + Leave Me ALone) is similar to the 2001 Special Edition in terms of sound, however the mixing and mastering definitely do sound alot better than before. It is less compressed and it seems more dynamic too. Certain instruments now sound alot better. The mastering could be a bit better but it sounds better than 90% of the CDs out there and Bad is a sonicly high end album.

Disc 2 is where the real fun begins. We have 6 new songs:
Dont Be Messin Around- Previously released on the 2012 I Just Cant Stop Loving You single, groovy relaxed track that has a great tempo

Im So Blue- Ballad that in terms of music, theme, and voice sounds very similar to the Jacksons (self titled album and Goin Places) era style but with a country sound as well. Sounds weird but it works.

Song Groove (Abortion Papers)- This song is awesome, it is an upbeat dance track that is serious at the same time and has really nice background music that is similar to Sega Genesis games (such as Sonic). Only Michael would make a song about Abortion danceable. This is excellent, one of the best.

Free - Very relaxed ballad about being Free and soaring high, a nice track but not one of my favorites.

Price of Fame - This is fantastic, it is my favorite on the set. This is another one that has upbeat synth/drum beats but is paranoid and haunting as well. This is about the hardships that have happened to him and it is very sad to hear how much he was stalked by fans and paparazzi. Michael mentions how people think if he can just sign checks all day long than everything in his life must be fine. Whilst Leave Me Alone portrayed Jackson as angry/fed up with the media this one is scarier and more about him being in fear. I think of this song as Leave Me Alone meets Billie Jean. This is my personal favorite of the new material.

Al Capone - Fans had known about this track and how it had developed into Smooth Criminal for a very long time, however now that it is finally here it is apparent that this track has very little similarities with Smooth Criminal. It seems darker in tone than SC and more synthesized, another one that sounds like Sega Genesis music. Jackson sings really fast in this one, seems to be about Al Capone being on the loose and frightening a town "How could you let him get away" "Cause a mad man's out tonight!". Great track overall, a bit shorter than the other ones. It's short but sweet and very interesting, I prefer it to Smooth Criminal personally.

The rest of Disc 2's tracklist is the bonus songs from the 2001 Special Edition of Bad (Streetwalker, Fly Away, Spanish I Just Cant Stop Loving You) and then as a bonus for the first time on CD the French I Just Cant Stop Loving You, and 3 remixes, 2 of Bad, 1 of Speed Demon. The remixes can be decent at times but sound like generic club beats layed out over songs that do not need it. One of the raps on the "Bad" remix is atrocious. Keep in mind Michael did release the 25th Anniversary of Thriller album in his lifetime which was 4 awful remixes and only 1 unreleased track. The remixes are unnecessary but that is OK because they are right at the end so you don't have to skip over them to hear the good stuff. Also, by the time you are done with the non-remixes on disc 2 you are already 40 minutes into the disc anyways.

Disc 3 is the audio of the Wembley show featured on the DVD, this is actually the first Michael Jackson solo live album release. I haven't given this a listen, but it comes from the same multitracks as the DVD release so Im sure it's excellent quality.

You would think that that would be everything in this 35$ package but it's not. The set is housed in this nice looking black case that seems like a faux leather or vinyl material. Inside you have 2 extensive books that are around 30 or so pages each and have lots of never before seen photos. One is for the Bad Tour, one for the making of the Bad album and music videos. It's awesome to see pictures of people like Martin Scorsese, Robert Deniro, Quincy Jones, Stevie Wonder, and more all talking/working with Michael. The Bad Album and Disc 2 are housed in a gatefold full color front and back case, and the Wembley DVD and CD are housed in their own separate full color gatefold case too. Some parts of the cases have a shiny holographic sheen to them. Also there is a huge dual sided fold out poster underneath all this stuff too. The box looks so little but it is incredible how much stuff they fit in here and how well stylized they did, the packaging and presentation are excellent.

Overall this is an amazing release for Michael Jackson fans, the Estate did a fantastic job with this one. I would've easily been fine paying double what they are charging for a set as nice as this. There is endless entertainment value in here including new songs, the ultimate live video performance, a live CD, books, and of course the original masterpiece Bad album.
on March 15, 2017
This thing is HUGE. Awesome packaging and very sturdy. Records themselves are solid and the sound from the 180g is as it should be, clear and thick. The album itself I think is necessary for any fan. The original songs remastered and on heavier vinyl alone is worth buying again, but the demos are the real treat. Songs directly from those studio sessions (finished or not) take you into his world in the 1980s. I could care less for remixes so probably won't ever spin that 3rd disk but I still like having this.
on August 12, 2016
Michael Jackson's live concert at Wembley is beyond words. Although the quality is pre-HD, the concert is shown as it was found in Michael's archives, which gives us an opportunity to see it as Michael would have seen it after finishing the concert. Fun trivia found in the deluxe set- Michael would have his concerts all on tapes in order to watch them afterwards to see what he could improve. There's plenty of wonderful photos of recording sessions, short film rehearsals, and behind-the-scenes. For the bonus tracks of unreleased demos, there are short descriptions for the songs excluding Streetwalker, Fly Away, the French and Spanish versions of I Just Can't Stop Loving You, and the remixes. Included in the set is a beautiful two-sided poster, one side containing an image of Michael performing at Wembley and the other side being a reproduction of the Bad World Tour program, which is mentioned in one of the booklets. There is also a sticker of the 25th anniversary album art, insights into Michael's work processes, and one of the booklets has the original album art intended for the Bad album. The 2 CDs, the remastered Bad album and the bonus disc are placed side by side within a sort of case. The same goes for the DVD and live CD of the concert. Both cases have wonderful designs. There are concert photos included as well and everything is contained within a small box with the Bad 25 logo on it and a king MJ logo inside. Overall, this is a highly enjoyable box set and I would definitely recommend it. Oh, and of course the music is beyond words amazing and you can never get enough.
on October 25, 2016
The sheer number of hits and fantastic songs on this album is mind numbing. Not only is it packed from top to bottom with great songs heard on the radio, but it also has songs that aren't on the radio that are just as good if not better than the ones we know and love. The fact that I was able to get this album on my Amazon Music account just because I bought the vinyl was a great addition to the purchase I made. If you don't have this album and consider yourself a "Michael Jackson Fan", you are kidding yourself
on September 20, 2012
Normally I do not take points off for packaging, but the main thing about this cd/dvd set, is that it's more or less a cash grab by the powers that be to make the most money out of american icon as they can. We can debate whether or not some people might consider these types of packages as inevitable, and a must have. I would say it's a great improvement over the disc only version, because of remastered sound. So if you love the album that may be the only selling point you need. So when this package was put together, why did they feel the need to give it that rushed feel? The case is fine to some degree. It's sturdy with a magnetic flap to keep it closed. Artwork on the front is minimal. However there is no markings on any of the sides so if you wanted to put it on your cd shelves, you'd have to turn it around to where it takes up more room. I am a music collector so if it seems I'm being picky that is why. If the box would have had side markings I would not really question it. But that is a negative in my opinion. Also why not include the lyrics? this is touted as a deluxe package. I feel deluxe editions should be made to replace the old version completely and then expand on it. There are two books included with tons of pics, and even a description of the bonus songs included on cd 2. So that was cool.

One booklet has pictures of him on stage during the year, with notations. The Second has pictures and the notations for the new songs as mentioned before. Overall the books were fine, just lacking lyrics or insight into the album songs themselves. Overall the sound quality is pretty good, but it seems a tad loud to me. but nothing really major. I have a top of the line sound cards so it may just need to be adjusted for the better sound quality. But this really isn't an issue, just a statement. I kind of wished they would have put it in a book like case such as the ultimate collection. as the box is more cd jewel case height and width but without side markings will look weird next to the other cds.

the live cd is a plus and the dvd is pretty much the visual to the live cd (with a few bonuses). One thing I must add too since I am being picky. The cds/dvd come in two digipack type cases. the one I had the fold was lopsided a bit. For collectors this is a pain. I would have rather seen four individual sleeves for each disc. Much like the duran duran remasaters (those are excellent remasters/deluxe editions as well). It was nice to have the dvd concert and of course the live cd. So that pretty much is the selling point for this set. Now they need to go back and redo off the wall and thriller.

There is also a two sided poster and another and a cool bad25 sticker (cd sized)I like the look/design that should have been the box art in my opinion (unless that is what they wanted me to do with t he sticker?) The bonus songs are nice, and the ones from the previous version of Bad are included). I think they did miss the mark by not including a dvd of Moonwalker) as I can't hear "Leave Me Alone" without thinking of that video. Overall everything looks and sounds great, so yes this is a recommended upgrade). I am surprised there were not more outtakes (and less remixes) but I get the feeling Michael Jackson is no Prince (as he is rumored to have hundreds to thousand in his vault). So there may not have been a lot laying around to actually include.

So what's my opinion? packaging could be better, but this is still a must have, and isn't too expensive. Though I would have paid more if moonwalker was included). The sound and video look and sound great, so I'd definitely recommend this one. The outtakes are more than worth it as Michael doesn't have too much extra stuff that didn't already end up on the album. so you will probably love it, and if u are not as picky as me you will love it even more than I do.But the packaging in my opinion needs to be fixed up a bit. But overall a must-have.
on September 22, 2016
I love the album, I bought the vinyl. The product that arrives has nothing to do with what is advertised. It is an unfair trade. The album does not have an outer neither an inner sleeve. It comes only the vinyl + one paper in a low quality piece of plastic (of which one side was already torn and the vinyl would come out of). And the 25 year issue is a 2" sticker on the plastic cover, nothing else. The package contents should have been fairly described.
on September 24, 2012
Before release, several snippets were put out which garnered complaints about the quality of this re-worked 25 year old VHS tape. Let me tell you nothing could be further from the truth! While some background scenes may be lacking, the focus is all on Michael Jackson, and what else could be sweeter; down to the scuffing on his shoes and the sweat on his gorgeous dancer's body! Unbelievable closeups! Little to no audience interference although there was a shot at the beginning of several fainters being removed from the audience! Michael's performance was otherworldly and it was inspiring to see him so happy the way the audience reacted to him. Now as for the CD's, the bonus material (unreleased and demos) is excellent (would be considered completed versions by any other artist), favorites were Blue, Free, Price of Fame and Al Capone; certain others I've heard from BAD Special Edition released in 2001; did not care particularly for the remixes, particularly offensive was Pitbull or whatever his name is; why he was added defies logic. The quality of the CD's is remarkable. The booklets of information very well done, a poster of Michael (extra blessing!) all in a well-made case. Who could ask for more? Been waiting forever for the release of this tour. Let's hope for release of Dangerous25 (although it's been out on DVD for years courtesy of HBO) and History25, and whatever else the Estate puts out that's ALL MICHAEL JACKSON, give me the demos of Michael any day rather than any overproduced "guess" as to what Michael "would have wanted". Thank you Estate for this precious gift of Michael!
on December 19, 2013
I asked myself a few times after stumbling upon this listing a few times. I don't know what the ASIN refers to, as the item I purchased contained this barcode: 0208313620279 & after entering an Amazon search for it, NOTHING came up. Seller I bought it from is GoPeachy, who were kind enough to provide the barcode and track list via email.

This is the email I sent them:
There are numerous CDs attributed to Michael Jackson with the title "Bad". The back cover-art and track list differ between the original U.S. release (LP, cassette and CD) and the 2001 Special Edition (CD and cassette). There was also a CD-single released at some point in time that contained the #2 best-selling long-player's title track and I don't know if there were any variances in the track list in certain countries...and of course there's the BMG Music Club editions that had no barcode, but, in its place a little stamp that said "mfd by BMG under license". And since there is no picture(s) of the item, nor any informative description, I must ask: what the heck is this item you are offering for sale??! Given the near-bottombarrel price, I understand if you don't have the time or patience to make it worth while responding to this email with any information. Thanks for reading, at the least~Jonathan

Their reply is as follows:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.
This copy of Bad is the original 1987 US (Epic/CBS) release with 11 tracks:

8 I Just Can't Stop Loving You
9 Dirty Diana
10 Smooth Criminal
11 Leave Me Alone

The full UPC code according to the artwork is 0208313620279.
Please let us know if you have any further questions.

GoPeachy Customer Service
on February 16, 2013
Beyond my expectations! The new material is so good! Abortion Papers, aka Song Groove, takes a controversial theme and makes you want to dance to it. Who does that? I'm So Blue reveals Michael's beautiful, soulful voice and I just love, Free. Street-Walker has a groovy, 'wanna boogie' beat and the Price of Fame is hauntingly telling. Part of me questions whether Sony is doing the right thing by finishing Michael's unreleased material. He was such a perfectionist and lots of his songs were written years before he released them. He'd just continue to revisit them until the time was right and he was reasonably comfortable with the song and it's relevance to the time he planned to release it. But, it would be a darn shame to keep his magnficent creations in the vault and never release them. I'm sure he'd understand the reasoning behind it. Afterall, it's for his fans and he loved them as no entertainer ever loved his fans. Hopefully, future releases will include Blue Gangsta, Do You Know Where Your Children Are (just a killer song!), Shout and She Got It (so funky!), and, of course, that beautiful anthem he sang at a fund-raising concert for 9-11--What More Can I Give. I'm contemplating buying the vinyl even though I don't have anything to play it on. When I listen to his music, I am reminded just how fortunate I was to experience such an astoundingly talented human being. Like a comet blazing 'cross the evening sky, gone too soon!