Industrial Deals Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by Tim and Faith STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

• UNO
  • Customer reviews

on July 5, 2012
While the basic Kindle device is not ideal for this game, I thought I would try it anyway. The hints are too frequent, sometimes confusing and the game moves at a sometimes too quick pace. Not at all enjoyable. At least it didn't cost much, so lesson learned without breaking the bank. I tried to give it a benefit of a doubt and played it around 10-15 times, but couldn't get any fun out of it. Will be deleted from my device soon.
2 helpful votes
on January 28, 2013
I've always heard what a good game Uno is, and it's supposed to be popular. I've never played it, and thought that this would be a good way to learn the game since the Kindle edition would have a tutorial, and I'd be playing against the computer. Apart from bridge, which made my head spin when my mother tried to teach me how to play it, this is the most complicated card game with the most arcane rules that I've ever seen. I am just completely lost. I can't even complete a full game, so this rating is a bit unfair. I can't tell you how it compares to playing it with actual cards and people, or how well the game works-it didn't come up at all the first time I clicked on Uno, and took a while to load on the second attempt, and I don't know if that's normal for it. It's somewhat possible that I might learn it over time, but I do think this is a game for people who already know how to play Uno, and not for those who don't. I think I'll stick to Cribbage, although sadly, there isn't a Kindle version of Cribbage.
on December 26, 2012
I purchased this product on sale for 99 cents. I'm glad I did not pay full price. The game worked the first couple times I played it in Quick Play mode. Then, when I tried to play a Tournament, it froze up in the middle of the game. The next time I went back to play it, it would not load. Luckily, I went back to read reviews (which I should've done BEFORE I purchased it). One reviewer mentioned using the 5 way controller to look at the Uno options screen and then select Open. This is the only way I open Uno now, and it works every time.
As for the game itself, I really like it. I typically play the Quick games because the Tournament is just way too long, and it doesn't save your spot if you leave in the middle of it. I was curious on how the cards would look since I have a Kindle Keyboard and don't have color. The cards are different patterns, so you can either match the pattern or the number when you play. Fun, classic UNO game but don't buy it for full price!
on September 13, 2012
There have been a lot of complaints about the game not loading on the Kindle Keyboard. Mine did the same thing but I figured it out. I have the Keyboard with wifi only. Once I opened the game with an active signal the game loaded just fine. I also did not need to stay in wifi range once the game loaded. I went back and checked again and needed to the same thing. Its a little anoying but I liked the game fine. The other players move very fast but I do not recommend doing the same. Only $2, I think it is worth it.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on February 26, 2016
I love UNO, I can remember as a kid how much fun it was, and I always beat my parent, which gave me special satisfaction.
on April 5, 2017
just like the boxed game-fun fun
on August 24, 2012
I love Uno and thought this would be a great game with which to kill some time. Didn't realize the thing about to be killed was my Kindle.
At first the game seemed to work fine. I just played the Quick Play mode and the only problem seem to be when picking cards. When it is your turn the computer automatically selects the card in the middle of your hand, not even helping a little with a suggested play. Selecting a different card was always a hassle as I could never pick the card I wanted, I would have to pick a card to the right of what I wanted and work back.
This was manageable until I tried Tournament Mode. As soon as I started my first tournament the game started to lag and got worse the father I went. Then I got the blank white screen and my Kindle froze. Did the reboot and tried it again with the same result. After my next reboot, I deleted the game.
on June 13, 2013
I have the Kindle touch 3g. The game can be slow at times, but all in all very good. Just like the name says its "Uno". When I was younger, I used to play this card game and had so much fun doing so. Now that I am older, it is harder to find other people to play with. With this game on the Kindle, I can play when ever I want. That is a big plus. It is a little hard to play sometimes. When you are trying to choose a certain card, you can mistakenly choose another card. 4 out of 5 for me. I rarely give a 5 star review so 4 stars is pretty good.
2 helpful votes
on July 19, 2016
Very disappointed, I have had the same troubles as others getting the game to load but that I can deal with my biggest disappointment is the game cheats. Every time I have one card and and the UNO symbol comes up the screen flashes and I have three cards instead of one very disappointing.
on January 11, 2013
The app is nice... I have it for my Kinfle Paperwhite, and the game is very engaing, so at least if you are planning to have a little time of entertainment, this apt is excellent. The only problem I found was that selecting the card I wanted to play was not very easy... plus for some reason sometimes the card I played was not the one I wanted to select, so it easily switched when I did not want to (ironically enough). When you kinda have played UNO for a while, this can be a bummer as certain good moves would depend on card selection. Yet it is fun to play this, so I give it 3 stars...
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question