Workplace Solutions Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Gift Sets Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services pet pet pet  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Outdoor Gift Ideas on Amazon Baby Gift Guide

Showing 1-10 of 311 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on May 15, 2014
I've read a bunch of reviews that criticize the vulgar language, but very few who mention that the hero (Gabe) has spent six years ruining the career of a young woman who unwittingly had an affair with his brother-in-law. The heroine was 19 when she dated her 30 year old boss, who was an embezzler and thief. Did no one in the DeLuca family consider that dude might have lied to her too? Or considered that she might have a pretty solid case for sexual harassment against their vineyard. Or for, you know stalking against the hero? In the early scene when she is trying to find a job in town and Gabe keeps scuttling her I kept wanting ONE of the vineyard people to stand up to him and say that he was abusing his influence and they didn't care to do business with someone like him. Gabe starts to have second thoughts when he realizes she lives in, horror of horrors, a 1 bedroom apartment. Did it never occur to him that he was messing with her livelihood? It just drives me crazy when an author punishes women for misunderstandings and rewards men when the regret their own terrible behavior.
on July 24, 2016
Listened via audible, completely captivated by the narration.
I recommend this to everyone for a great Christmas read.

I've read another book via this author a couple of years ago, Summer In Napa, which was a surprise 5 star read, not realising it was actually book 2 of a series, so I've finally read book 1. Loved it! A well rounded romance, rich small town secondary characters that I fell in love with, a single mother story of whom I just fell in love with her little girl (brilliantly narrated), and a hate to love slow burning romance that I thoroughly enjoyed Him falling for both mom, and her daughter. Honourable mention for the meddling match-making three grannies, who brought great comic relief. This had a rom-com romantic movie ending, if a little predictable, leaves a total smile on your face, and a tear in the eye in happiness, due to the cuteness.

Put this on your Christmas Reading list for December, and I highly recommend you pay the $1.99 for the audible. The narrator has a Joan Cusack quality, great character narration and comedy, also great with translating the sizzle.
on August 19, 2016
Normally I love, love this authors books.....this one....not so much. Only got through about a quarter of the book. Gabe literally destroys Regan's life. I understand the she had an unknowing affair with his sisters husband....BUT, she was 19, no idea he was a married dirt bag and thought he was her HEA. So, she ends up alone at 20, 5 mos. pregnant, no family and everytime she gets a job Gabe gets her fired. So, he hassles her for over 5 years....seriously get a fu%&Ing life. It's like he loves kicking her when she is down.....equivalent to kicking a puppy.....and I love puppies. Again, I understand taking up for your sister....but maybe she shouldn't have married an a$$hat....ya think. Just couldn't finish, can't imagine anyone forgiving his behavior...no way an HEA could be in their future unless it was to other people.
on November 10, 2016
This was the best Christmas story I've ever read and that's no lie. I've never had such a good time reading a book than I have whenever i read a Marina Adair book. If you've never read her books please get this one and start now. You will not be able to put it down I promise you that. I found myself laughing hysterically and crying and falling deeply in love. Author Marina Adair writes flawlessly and is a genius with words. Her books make you feel like you are a part of the story and you never want them to end. Her style puts me in the mind of authors Jill Shavis mixed with some Nora Roberts and Susan Mallery with a splash of Lori Foster. But with a flare that's all her own. She's absolutely stunning and has written some of the best romance books I've ever had the pleasure to read. So if you're looking for a good time to rival all good times you simply must get your copy today. I promise it will go down in history of one of the top Christmas stories you ever will read!
on December 6, 2015
This novel is confusing. The characterizations for the "extras" is fast and fun, but the main duo seems very inconsistent. As an example, the male lead is initially portrayed as a jerk - though all who know him love and respect him. Still, when we are getting his perspective, he thinks with his dick (per author's phasing several times, not my impression) and comes off short/harsh as well.

The timing is hard to follow and hard to believe.... ages and things that have happened in the time that has passed. The conversations are tough because they just don't have a natural flow most cases. This is especially apparent with the heroine's 5-year old daughter. She talks like and behaves like an adult most of the time, but occasionally speaks like a child. More annoyingly, she ALWAYS controls her mother's behavior and makes her produce quarters even when she only thinks something bad for the "Dirty Jar". This little gimmick is carried Ithroughout and is seen in interactions with Mom's love interest even when no one else knows what is happening.

Also, confusing is how this character leaves behind her job and home with apparently no friends and finds immediate friendships worthy of soul-bearing conversations. And yet she never runs into the one person she's not ever supposed to see (until the very end.)

He's equally confusing. And how after a big blow-up at the party for his sister does his sister never learn she's in town? A big problem is that neither one of the primary crutches used to keep them divided is strong enough. It's not believable and borders on ridiculous.

The actual writing is hard to follow sometimes. I found myself saying things like, "0h, he's holding her hand now?" Continuity from one moment to another was hard for me. What happened to the people that were just there? Did they walk away or are they observing?

And then there are things like this: "Regan felt eyes burn through the back of herdress, caress their way down the length of her, and settle on her hips." This is on page 18, while she's mid-conversation at a party. She's not interested in anyone at this point and has no reason to believe he is interested in her - and doesn't even know who is looking at her. Really? She felt all that? Since she's described as show-stopper hot, life must be hell for her if she's constantly aware of this level of attention.
on October 4, 2016
This is the first in the St Helena series, and I have to admit that I read all the others first. Which is why I can attest that this and the entire series are fast, funny, sexy and emotionally moving. Single mom Regan takes on a whole testosterone loaded Wine making family, and a whole wine oriented town, trying to make a home for her daughter and herself. Her chief nemesis is Gabe, the family's head, who has made certain she lost every job she held or applied for in the past six years, because he is sure she was connected to the millions of dollars that were stolen from his family.
on September 6, 2016
Regan has been trying for years to live down and move on with her life after falling for a married man. But Gabe is determined to not let Regan have a life or a job, he is trying with the help of his brothers to find his sister's husband. He starts get closer to Regan and soon has a lot of explaining to do. Great story.
on September 7, 2016
Family really brings out the heart of Christmas. However family drama can create obstacles for couples who are attracted to each other when they aren't "supposed to be". This is the story of Gabe and Regan's Christmas fiasco that will change many lives in the process.
on December 16, 2012
Being the holidays, I wanted to read something romantic centered around the season. In Kissing Under the Mistletoe, I got that and so much more. With a story that is not only delightful and fun, but also highly emotional, I practically used up a box of tissues while getting to know Regan and Gabe in a story set in romantic wine country!

What can I say about Regan Martin? From the start, I found her to be awesome! She's a single mom to almost 6-year old Holly. They recently moved to St. Helena for a fresh start, a dream job for her, and an excellent school for her daughter. Most of all, she wants to give Holly the most perfect Christmas ever! Did I mention that Regan seems to be a little cursed with unfortunate events, too? Ahh, yes! This story had so many laugh-out-loud moments that all the stuff that happens to Regan had me both laughing and crying at the same time! Really, it was like a one step forward, two steps back kind of thing for her. I felt every emotion and sympathized with Regan every step of the way. In fact, I found a lot of the mishaps and sequence of events to be witty and humorous and written so seamlessly!

When you first meet Gabe DeLuca, you will think he is a big, relentless jerk. He is a thorn at Regan's side, because, unintentional or not, he makes life miserable for her. Oh, he has his reasons, but you will quickly find out that Gabe and the DeLuca family jumped to conclusions too quickly when it comes to Regan. His heart and mind begin to change as he and Regan spend more time together. The chemistry between them is pretty intense.

"See, Vixen," he whispered, watching the pulse at the base of her neck skyrocket. "When you refer to stuff, I can only imagine you're talking about how whenever we're together we can't seem to keep our hands off each other. And when we do touch it's so damn combustive it's hard to breathe." --Gabe

Marina Adair, I found your writing to be so clever and refreshing! When I say clever, I'm specifically thinking of all the "Randolph" business...so hilarious! I'm so glad I took a chance on this story! There is no doubt that I will be waiting for and wanting what comes next from you.

Full of small hometown traditions, family, friendships, mischief and Christmas miracles, Kissing Under the Mistletoe is a romantic comedy that can be enjoyed anytime of the year.
on February 11, 2014
The book had unnecessary crudeness. Did the author think the book needed that to make it? I stopped reading and had it removed from my kindle