Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 13 reviews
on December 18, 2012
Received mine from Amazon at the beginning of the month and am very pleased. Mine did come with the Norton 2 years free. The 3D works fine. System start up is lightning fast. The light up keyboard is great and the machine runs pretty quiet and stays cool. Although I'm not thrilled that the 80gb hard drive is so small, I'm happy that it's a SSD. I foresee a day not too far in the future where it will fill up quickly and at that point I plan on replacing the drive with something larger but also SSD. I just have to try to make sure everything that's non-operating system is installed on the D drive. The D drive is partitioned into two additional smaller drives for a Recovery Tool and Recovery Data.

There wasn't much bloatware on the system, which is great for once. The speakers are rather nice for a laptop, it has two headphone jacks on the left side and two display ports and an HDMI port on the right side. Unfortunately, the HDMI port is too far up on the right side. So, it's near your mouse hand if you're right handed. However, on the rare occasions I plug my computer into an HDMI cord, it's because I'm using my computer for whatever reason with my TV; so wouldn't be using my computer directly anyway..but still annoying nonetheless. I like the touchpad, which is unusual for me. It operates multi-touch kind of like an I-pad or I-pod. You can also turn it on or off directly through the touchpad by double-tapping in the corner of it. The screen is glossy and the colors are vivid thanks to the glossiness. However, this also means it reflects like crazy. But, this being a 17" laptop and not that portable--for me anyway, I don't really see this as an issue as it probably won't be leaving home. One thing that worries me is the slot drive. I can see this possibly being an issue at some point in the future but will deal with it when it happens. There's an eject button on the keyboard. Another nice thing I like is the keyboard function key locks so you don't have to hold down the function key when using a function button. Also, love the num pad. This is a great desktop replacement!
on December 19, 2012
I'm very pleased with this Envy. The price was great and it was easy to upgrade to 16GB of RAM, add a nice SSD and third drive (you need to get the drive carrier from another company--I used newmodeus and it was perfect).

The build quality is pretty strong and it's a fast machine. It replaced an aging Dell Studio 1745. Like others said, the battery is integrated, but I never swapped batteries in my Dell. While I wish the battery would hang on a little longer, it''s adequate enough to lug into the conference room for 1-2 meetings.

Yes, it is a large machine. It serves a niche for those of us that want a single machine that does it all. The Envy fits the bill nicely.
on December 17, 2012
This is fantastic. The laptop have everything I need, and a extra bay for another 2.5 Hard Disk. I Recommend another SSD 1 TB for it.
on December 28, 2012
The firsy dvd I put in got hung up on a piece of rubber inside the computer. The dvd wouldnt eject until I ran a paper clip inside the slot to clear the rubber gasket that had become dislodged inside the computer. On day two the hard drive became un detectable. After numerous calls to hp, all of which had a 40 minute hold before I could reach someone, I sent that piece of junk back to the seller. Not the quality I expect from a product costing as much as it did. Come on hp step your game up.
on March 7, 2013
Performance is not that great, WiDi doesnt work, doesnt have switchable graphics as advertised. HP support is awful. Do not buy this (or any HP for that matter) if you will need any kind of support. I had always been a HP customer, but based on the kind of support I got this time, I will never buy from HP again.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 11, 2012
It is very good more then what I expected...perfect desktop replacement Laptop..
Only concern is 80GB SSD Hard Drive, it should have been at least 128GB. Overall very much satisfied.
on June 5, 2013
I bought this laptop for business use - it has lots of internal storage expandability (2 internal 2.5" drive bays plus an mSATA boot SSD). So far it's worked out very well with no issues.
on May 28, 2013
NOTE: I am writing to express my dissatisfaction and discontent with the state of the 3D glasses is the hp laptop i7 Envy 3D. Today after much waiting, when picking the goods at the branch libertyexpress of Venezuela, we observed the state of deterioration (broken) of one of the lenses of the 3D glasses, as well the protection lack All merchandise being a very delicate and expensive. The laptop also came beaten.

NOTA: Les escribo mi insatisfacion y descontento por el estado en se encuentra los lentes 3D de la laptop hp Envy i7 3D. Hoy despues de tanto esperar, al momento de retirar la mercancia en la sucursal libertyexpress de Venezuela, se pudo observar el estado de deterioro (roto) de uno de los cristales de los lentes 3D, como tambien la falta de proteccion de toda la mercancia siendo un equipo muy delicado y costoso. La laptop tambien vino golpeada.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 18, 2012
Seller was very fast to ship and product arrived without any damages.

The Envy 3D is sleek and fast, 3D works very well with the included glasses.
*PC doesn't include the "2-year Norton Internet Security 2012 subscription Get #1 Norton Internet Security free, right out of the box"
The Envy comes with Adobe Premiere Elements and Photoshop 10 which is great for anyone that wants to edit photos and videos
If you want to use the included Microsoft Office starter be sure to install it from the hard drive.
Haven't had any issues with the bluetooth connecting to both the mouse and the wireless audio.
on September 26, 2012
excellent
highly reconn for those who loves new technology
it is so fast n crystal clear view n sound
3d idea is superb
wider screen gives u great movie to watch

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.